Windows 10: Why does my C:\Windows description in Shared Folder say "Remote Admin"?

Discus and support Why does my C:\Windows description in Shared Folder say "Remote Admin"? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just use one desktop PC to connect to the internet with an Ethernet cable to a Comcast XB3 gateway. I reinstalled Win 10 Home from Microsoft's online... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CSDX, Nov 27, 2021.

1. CSDX Win User

Why does my C:\Windows description in Shared Folder say "Remote Admin"?

I just use one desktop PC to connect to the internet with an Ethernet cable to a Comcast XB3 gateway. I reinstalled Win 10 Home from Microsoft's online website and in looking at Computer Management >Shared Folders>Shared I see the following:Share Name Folder Path DescriptionAdmin$ C:\Windows Remote AdminShouldn't it just say Admin? So this worries me. Is my PC somehow being Remotely Administered? And if so by whom? How do I stop it? I am the only user on my pc, with a hidden inactive Admin account, a local Admin;User account and a local user account. I understand Windows

:)

2. How to stop sharing folder for windows 10?

Referring to following link, I would like to know on how to stop sharing folder for windows 10.

I cannot find Stop Sharing option on step 5.

Use these steps to stop sharing any folder on Windows 10:

1. Open Start.
    2. Search for Computer Management and click the top result to open the experience.
    3. Expand the Shared Folders branch from the left pane.
    4. Click the Shares item.
    5. Right-click the folder that you no longer want to share and the Stop Sharing option.
    Furthermore, ADMIN$ is found to be Remote Admin under computer management.

There is no option to stop it as well.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to stop sharing and remote?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

How to stop sharing network folder on Windows 10 • Pureinfotech

PublicMicro, Nov 27, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    C: Drive Admin Share Keeps Enabling

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows +E,

• Right click on C: drive.

• Select Sharing Tab.

• Click on Advanced Sharing.

• Uncheck “Share this folder”.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Nov 27, 2021
  4. Anusha Win User

C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink Why does my C:\Windows description in Shared Folder say "Remote Admin"? ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Nov 27, 2021
Thema:

1. Why does my C:\Windows description in Shared Folder say "Remote Admin"? - Similar Threads - Why does description

2. IPC$ and ADMIN$ appear as remote shared folders - and Admin access.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IPC$ and ADMIN$ appear as remote shared folders - and Admin access.: 1. I noticed in my Management console I have Share Name "IPC$" no folder path, and with description "Remote IPS". As well as I have another Share Name "ADMIN$" folder path "C:\\WINDOWS" and description 'Remote Admin.' I suspect that this may not be good, as it is my computer,...
  3. IPC$ and ADMIN$ appear as remote shared folders - and Admin access.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    IPC$ and ADMIN$ appear as remote shared folders - and Admin access.: 1. I noticed in my Management console I have Share Name "IPC$" no folder path, and with description "Remote IPS". As well as I have another Share Name "ADMIN$" folder path "C:\\WINDOWS" and description 'Remote Admin.' I suspect that this may not be good, as it is my computer,...
  4. IPC$ and ADMIN$ appear as remote shared folders - and Admin access.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Shared Folder accessible remotely with Admin permission but inaccessible locally

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Shared Folder accessible remotely with Admin permission but inaccessible locally: I am part of Local Administrator group on a Windows 2016 File server. D:\ drive is shared named "NERC" with Share Permission as Read-Only for Everyone and Security Permission as Full Control to Local Administrator group. When accessing remotely like \\<servername>\NERC\ I am...
  6. Shared Folder accessible remotely with Admin permission but inaccessible locally

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shared Folder accessible remotely with Admin permission but inaccessible locally: I am part of Local Administrator group on a Windows 2016 File server. D:\ drive is shared named "NERC" with Share Permission as Read-Only for Everyone and Security Permission as Full Control to Local Administrator group. When accessing remotely like \\<servername>\NERC\ I am...
  7. Shared Folder accessible remotely with Admin permission but inaccessible locally

8. Why does my C:\Windows description in Shared Folder say "Remote Admin"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my C:\Windows description in Shared Folder say "Remote Admin"?: I just use one desktop PC to connect to the internet with an Ethernet cable to a Comcast XB3 gateway. I reinstalled Win 10 Home from Microsoft's online website and in looking at Computer Management >Shared Folders>Shared I see the following:Share Name Folder Path...
  9. Why does my C:\Windows description in Shared Folder say "Remote Admin"?

Why does my C:\Windows description in Shared Folder say "Remote Admin"?: I just use one desktop PC to connect to the internet with an Ethernet cable to a Comcast XB3 gateway. I reinstalled Win 10 Home from Microsoft's online website and in looking at Computer Management >Shared Folders>Shared I see the following:Share Name Folder Path...
  10. Admin share c$

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Admin share c$: Ages ago, one could remotely access any computer connected on the same LAN. One could simply go to Start \ Run, and enter \\computername\c$. With Windows 8 & 10, that does not seem to be an option. In short, if I am at home with multiple computers connected to a LAN (or...