Windows 10: Why does my camera crash my computer?

Discus and support Why does my camera crash my computer? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Every time I use the camera app on my Surface Pro 7, it always seems to crash my computer when i close it or soon afterwards.. Why does this happen and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by anthony levy :, Oct 2, 2021.

1. Why does my camera crash my computer?

Every time I use the camera app on my Surface Pro 7, it always seems to crash my computer when i close it or soon afterwards.. Why does this happen and is there a solution?

:)

anthony levy :, Oct 2, 2021
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Oct 2, 2021
  3. Cameras no longer upload to computer

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

The issue might occur due to some corruption in the driver. I will certainly help you with the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1

I suggest you to run the hardware troubleshooter and check if it helps:

Hardware troubleshooter

1. Type control panel in the search box.

2. Click on troubleshooting in the control panel.

3. Click view all.

4. Click hardware and devices.

5. Follow on screen instruction.

Method 2

Uninstall and reinstall camera driver

Refer the steps below to uninstall device driver:

Refer the steps below to uninstall device driver:

• Click Start, type Device Manager in the Start search box and hit ENTER.

• Locate camera driver and expand the same.

• Right-click on camera driver and click on Uninstall button to uninstall the driver associated with the device.

• Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

• If driver for Windows 10 is not available then I suggest you
      to install the driver in compatibility mode.
      Follow the steps below to install the drivers in compatibility with Windows 10.
    • Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.
      • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’.
      • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box
        ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Oct 2, 2021
  4. Why does my camera crash my computer?

camera not working

If you have the camera connected to the computer, I would suggest that you disconnect the camera and then try to open the Camera app.

If the camera app opens, follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + C” from your keyboard to open “Charms bar”.
    • Select “Settings” option.
    • Select “Permissions” option.
    • Turn on “Allow this app to access your: Webcam and Microphone” option.
    • Lose the app by pressing “Alt key + F4” from your keyboard.
    • Reopen the Camera app.
    • Connect your camera and then check how this app works.
    Goodluck!

Gina_on_the_thread, Oct 2, 2021
Thema:

Why does my camera crash my computer?

1. Why does my camera crash my computer? - Similar Threads - Why does camera

2. Why does my computer crash when I turn on the camera with audio?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does my computer crash when I turn on the camera with audio?: Why does my computer crush when I turn on the camera with audio?Changed to a question. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-computer-crash-when-i-turn-on-the/1bf471e8-4022-4653-9d7f-4ce0532d0fc1
  3. Why does my computer keep crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my computer keep crashing: My computer keeps crashing at random times while working on assignments and I can't predict when it will happen I just want it to stop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-computer-keep-crashing/9eb526c6-e2af-4b04-aef9-82f646511378
  4. Why does my computer keep crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my computer keep crashing: My computer keeps crashing at random times while working on assignments and I can't predict when it will happen I just want it to stop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-computer-keep-crashing/9eb526c6-e2af-4b04-aef9-82f646511378
  5. Why does my computer keep crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my computer keep crashing: My computer keeps getting a BSOD watch dog violation and I dont know how to fix itI have tried to update my divers, delete 3rd party apps, and even factory reset my computer and nothing has worked,The last three mini dump files have said the same...
  6. Why does my computer keep crashing

Why does my computer keep crashing: My computer keeps getting a BSOD watch dog violation and I dont know how to fix itI have tried to update my divers, delete 3rd party apps, and even factory reset my computer and nothing has worked,The last three mini dump files have said the same...
  7. Why does my computer keep crashing?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does my computer keep crashing?: My computer keeps crashing, I have a fairly good computer with great specs that allow for high performance gaming but recently, every time I’ve tried to turn on my pc, it turns on, and then crashes and this issue persists over and over again, I have no idea why this is...
  8. Why does my computer keep crashing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my computer keep crashing?: My computer keeps crashing, I have a fairly good computer with great specs that allow for high performance gaming but recently, every time I’ve tried to turn on my pc, it turns on, and then crashes and this issue persists over and over again, I have no idea why this is...
  9. Why does my computer keep crashing?

10. Why does my computer keep crashing?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does my computer keep crashing?: my friend had given me his gaming pc when he got a better one, its not fancy but when he had it everything was fine for him, but he shipped it to me and he had to keep the hard drive for the new computer so I went out and bought a 1 tb hard drive, and had me download the...