Windows 10: Why does my CD's not play on Windows 10

Discus and support Why does my CD's not play on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Why does my CD's not play on Windows 10?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LorreenGalt, Sep 22, 2019.

1. Why does my CD's not play on Windows 10

Why does my CD's not play on Windows 10?

:)

LorreenGalt, Sep 22, 2019
  2. Kem Mon Win User

playing CD's on Windows 10 recorded from Vista

Hi John,

There are a couple factors for the CD to be unable to run in Windows 10, to isolate this matter, we have a couple
    of questions for you:

• Were there any error messages when playing the CD?

• Have you tried using different player?

• Have you updated your drivers?

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Sep 22, 2019
  3. Mala_S Win User
    Windows Media Player won't play CDs

Hello DominicGerald,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To address your concern, kindly help us with the following queries:

1. Are you receiving any error code or error message when you attempt to play the music?
    2. Is your music CD being detected by the system and are you able to access it through the File Explorer (Windows + E key)?

In Windows Media Player, you can play audio CDs, data CDs, and data DVDs that contain music or video files (also known as media CDs). If you have a DVD drive and a compatible DVD decoder installed on your computer, you can use Windows Media Player
    to play a DVD-Video disc. If your unable to play anything on WMP, kindly check with the steps listed below and see if it works:

Method 1: Update DVD/CD ROM driver from Device Manager.

Sometimes, the issue persists if the drivers aren’t updated. So, I would suggest you to update the DVD/Cd driver manually. To do that, you may refer the article on

Update drivers in Windows 10.

Once after updating the drivers, you may check if you are able to play songs. If not, you may try out the following method.

Method 2: Adjust Burn Settings.

As you say that it’s getting stuck while burning a CD, you might want to check with the burn speed. To do that,

• Open Windows Media Player from the Start menu.
    • Click on Organize and select
      Options
      from the list.
    • Select the Burn tab in the Options window and select the drop-down menu beside
      Burn speed and select Slow.
    • Click on Apply and OK
      to exit the settings screen.
    • Try burning a new CD and check if it plays.

Method 3: Download and install add-ons for Windows Media Player.

I would suggest you to get the add-ons for your player and check if you are able to play songs. To do the same, you may want to refer to an article on
    Downloads for Windows.

Kindly get back to us with the results. We will be glad to assist you further if the issue persists.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Sep 22, 2019
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Why does my CD's not play on Windows 10

CD plays one disc incorrectly

For us to isolate the issue, we would like to clarify if you were referring to another computer when you said
    "The CD plays fine elsewhere so it is OK." on your first post. If so, is it both running Windows 10 version?

To identify the exact reason why the issue is happening, we suggest playing the disc manually using the steps below:

• Type File Explorer on Cortana/Search bar, then click it.
    • On the File Explorer window, click This PC.
    • Right-click on the CD drive then, click Open.
      Why does my CD's not play on Windows 10 7415d552-8599-4d63-8121-16dc57c5d669.png
    • The music files will show up, choose a certain music to play.

Let us know if the music will respond accordingly.

Mayra Aqu, Sep 22, 2019
Thema:

Why does my CD's not play on Windows 10

1. Why does my CD's not play on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Why does CD's

2. Why my win 10 does not recognize empty music cd?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why my win 10 does not recognize empty music cd?: Why my win 10 does not recognize empty music cd? full ones are ok both CD and DVD 's. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-win-10-does-not-recognize-empty-music-cd/e739d197-4334-44fd-aac1-59705a38a868
  3. Why my win 10 does not recognize empty music cd?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my win 10 does not recognize empty music cd?: Why my win 10 does not recognize empty music cd? full ones are ok both CD and DVD 's. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-win-10-does-not-recognize-empty-music-cd/e739d197-4334-44fd-aac1-59705a38a868
  4. Why my win 10 does not recognize empty music cd?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why does my burned cd stop playing after a few tracks?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my burned cd stop playing after a few tracks?: Hi, I just burnt a cd for the first time and I used Windows Media Player and a cd-r. After the 17th track plays it stops abruptly near the end, and it does not play any songs after that. I put the cd back into the burner and even those songs do not play on my computer. Does...
  6. Why does my burned cd stop playing after a few tracks?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my burned cd stop playing after a few tracks?: Hi, I just burnt a cd for the first time and I used Windows Media Player and a cd-r. After the 17th track plays it stops abruptly near the end, and it does not play any songs after that. I put the cd back into the burner and even those songs do not play on my computer. Does...
  7. window 10 play cd

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    window 10 play cd: cd but dose not work for sound https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-play-cd/2e446cdf-3d74-4e9a-b120-86597fb05bcc
  8. cd to play in windows 10

cd to play in windows 10: I can not get a cd to play in windows 10. Have tried taking media player off and putting back on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-to-play-in-windows-10/aa0b47f3-228e-4d65-b932-1f7135563817
  9. cd/dvd play download....does not play dvd

cd/dvd play download....does not play dvd: downloaded cd/dvd player app, does not work $14.95 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-play-downloaddoes-not-play-dvd/5c598541-7a75-4f19-b651-2ca48a4bd0ed
  10. Playing CD's on windows 10

Playing CD's on windows 10: How do I initialise my E drive to play CD'S? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/playing-cds-on-windows-10/fad2ea29-e65d-45c9-a27a-cd2abeeb069f

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is my video cd i inserted not playig

2. windows 10 cd player will not play cds