Windows 10: Why does my clock settings keep setting the time automatically?

Discus and support Why does my clock settings keep setting the time automatically? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Whenever I log on into my computer the clock changes to a different time that is not correct. I keep disabling the Set Time Automatically option in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ARX2, Dec 22, 2018.

1. ARX2 Win User

Why does my clock settings keep setting the time automatically?

Whenever I log on into my computer the clock changes to a different time that is not correct. I keep disabling the Set Time Automatically option in the Date & Time settings but it still wont work. Is there a way to prevent this from happening?

:)

2. Mark_W. Win User

Automatic Time setting for World Clock is incorrect

Hello Arthur:

Thank you for posting to the forum regarding the issue you are having with World Clock. After looking into this I am assuming you are referring to an application called world clock. It looks as if there are multiple applications by this name,

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/search?q=world+clock
    . After downloading one, it does seem the application should be using the time on your phone as I could not find and option to manually set the time. With that being said, this may be an issue
    with the application itself.

The one thing I might suggest you try is see if you have a different experience when your date + time setting is set to manual vs. automatic. Go to settings > date + time > set to automatic. This should set the phone's time and date based on your mobile
    operator. Restart your phone and go to the World clock application. Take note of the listed time. Now, go back to settings > date + time > set to manual > set the date and time to match your local area. Once you have done this, restart the phone and check
    the application again, is there any difference with the listed time?

I personally could not get the application to show the proper time of any regions. If you continue to see this issue, I would suggest looking at some of the other World clock applications.

Mark W.

Mark_W., Dec 22, 2018
  3. Automatic Time setting for World Clock is incorrect

Hi Mark W
    Thanks for the suggestion re changing my Date & Time settings from auto to manual, reset the time as well as the time zone country to my country although they are both GMT+2 World clock reset itself correctly. I reset Date & Time to automatic and world
    clock still on time plus new places added.

Arthur

Arthur Medcalf, Dec 22, 2018
  4. Why does my clock settings keep setting the time automatically?

Automatic clock on Windows 10 not working. I know how to set Manual clock. The auto clock shoule work. I am connected to internet.

Hi,

If the Windows 10 Clock Time is wrong or not synchronizing, we need to check first if your
    Windows Time Services are set on Automatic and
    Started
    . To resolve your concern, it is also recommended that you run the
    System File Checker first to scan for and restore corrupt Windows system
    files.

Follow the steps listed below and check if it helps:

• Press Windows Key + R.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Click Windows Time in the Name column.
    • Change Startup type to Automatic (if it’s not already set to Automatic).
    • Click Start if the service isn’t started.
    Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Dec 22, 2018
Thema:

Why does my clock settings keep setting the time automatically?

1. Why does my clock settings keep setting the time automatically? - Similar Threads - Why does clock

2. my automatic location setting is on and settings for set time automatically is on but time...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my automatic location setting is on and settings for set time automatically is on but time...: I traveled recently to PST but Time Zone now is EST and I am in MST. I turned computer off and on and toggled https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-automatic-location-setting-is-on-and-settings/c370ae8a-f14e-443d-9ab8-87dfb31996a5
  3. my automatic location setting is on and settings for set time automatically is on but time...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my automatic location setting is on and settings for set time automatically is on but time...: I traveled recently to PST but Time Zone now is EST and I am in MST. I turned computer off and on and toggled https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-automatic-location-setting-is-on-and-settings/c370ae8a-f14e-443d-9ab8-87dfb31996a5
  4. my automatic location setting is on and settings for set time automatically is on but time...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Setting Time Automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting Time Automatically: Every time I restart my PC the time is wrong. I have to manually click "sync now" every time which has no problem setting the correct time. "set time automatically" and "set time zone automatically" are switched on. The bios is set correctly, the Cmos battery is fairly new,...
  6. Setting Time Automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting Time Automatically: Every time I restart my PC the time is wrong. I have to manually click "sync now" every time which has no problem setting the correct time. "set time automatically" and "set time zone automatically" are switched on. The bios is set correctly, the Cmos battery is fairly new,...
  7. Setting Time Automatically

8. Why can't I set the correct time zone on my clock?

Why can't I set the correct time zone on my clock?: Having just restored my laptop, I noticed that the time was wrong. What is strange is that Everything is correct in the region and regional formats United Kingdom, but time zone is set to UTC US and Canada. Further, the drop down menu only gives me UTC options. Am I missing...
  9. set time automatically

set time automatically: I have internet connection but cant set the time zone automatically through wifi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-time-automatically/57edbcd4-906e-479f-b703-ebd65cbae1ed
  10. Date and time settings - clocks

in Windows 10 Support
    Date and time settings - clocks: Hi, I have additional time zones setup on my date and time. When i was running win 8.1 and i clicked on the time it popped up with 3 clocks - all nice and pretty easy on the eye and all that. Now it pops up with the calendar uk time in large text and at the top in small text...