Windows 10: Why does my computer completely slow down.

Discus and support Why does my computer completely slow down. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Occasionally, usually while I use Spotify my computer's audio and general performance will start to crack, pop, and slow to a crawl. Does anyone know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mort L., Apr 23, 2020.

1. Mort L. Win User

Why does my computer completely slow down.

Occasionally, usually while I use Spotify my computer's audio and general performance will start to crack, pop, and slow to a crawl. Does anyone know how to fix this and/or the causes of this issue?

:)

Mort L., Apr 23, 2020

2. Slow Computer

Hi Sheree,

One of the most common reasons for a slow computer are programs running in the background. Other factors that can contribute to the issue are memory space, malware infection, outdated software, and processor overheating. To improve your computer's performance,
    you can check the tips listed on this link. We suggest that you also try to follow the suggested steps.

Feel free to post back if you have further questions.

Lov Dollente, Apr 23, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Why does my computer completely slow down. :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Apr 23, 2020
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Apr 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Why does my computer completely slow down. - Similar Threads - Why does computer

2. Why does my computer slow down after leaving it on for a while?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my computer slow down after leaving it on for a while?: I left my computer on for about 25-30 minutes and when I came back my Windows was running very slow, the cursor was moving normally but everything else behaving extremely slowly. When I would try to open a tab, it would open about 7 seconds after I clicked on it. Everything I...
  3. Why does my computer slow down after leaving it on for a while?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my computer slow down after leaving it on for a while?: I left my computer on for about 25-30 minutes and when I came back my Windows was running very slow, the cursor was moving normally but everything else behaving extremely slowly. When I would try to open a tab, it would open about 7 seconds after I clicked on it. Everything I...
  4. Why does my computer shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my computer shut down: I have set my power option to ''never'' but my computer shuts down if I don't do anything on it. I'm trying to download something large and it will take several hours or more but if I leave my computer on it automatically shuts down after some time....
  5. Why does my computer shut down

Why does my computer shut down: I have set my power option to ''never'' but my computer shuts down if I don't do anything on it. I'm trying to download something large and it will take several hours or more but if I leave my computer on it automatically shuts down after some time....
  6. Why is my computer slowing down and crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my computer slowing down and crashing: My computer runs normally on start-up but after about 10 minutes begins to slow down, freezes and goes to a blue screen saying there was a problem and the system Is restarting. When I turn the computer back on it's super slow again. I wait an hour and come back and it's...
  7. Why is my computer slowing down and crashing

Why is my computer slowing down and crashing: My computer runs normally on start-up but after about 10 minutes begins to slow down, freezes and goes to a blue screen saying there was a problem and the system Is restarting. When I turn the computer back on it's super slow again. I wait an hour and come back and it's...
  8. Why is my computer slowing down and crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Why does my slow down plz help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my slow down plz help: As you can see in the first picture the download speed in task manger is 4.9mb/sbut in the download manager the download speed is 600kb/s but why i am not getting the full speed according the task manager...
  10. Why does my slow down plz help

Why does my slow down plz help: As you can see in the first picture the download speed in task manger is 4.9mb/sbut in the download manager the download speed is 600kb/s but why i am not getting the full speed according the task manager...