Windows 10: Why does my computer have insomnia?

Discus and support Why does my computer have insomnia? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Basically, every time I put the computer to sleep mode, it wakes itself up not a minute later. Also does this with hibernate mode, I believe. Not even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JeffRabbit194, Mar 23, 2022.

1. Why does my computer have insomnia?

Basically, every time I put the computer to sleep mode, it wakes itself up not a minute later. Also does this with hibernate mode, I believe. Not even any updates waiting to install, it just don't wanna sleep.

:)

JeffRabbit194, Mar 23, 2022
  2. Lange666 Win User

Insomnia

Computer suffers from insomnia.
    Computer (Desktop, Win 10 Pro) will not go to sleep although i did change the settings on the power profiles, used various power profiles, created a new one etc... Also the screen will not suspend ever after the given time of non-use.

The only way to make it go to sleep is via a self created link : %windir%\System32\rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState 0,1,0.
    This works just fine.
    But going to sleep when there is no activity... no joy.
    Looked through the forums and already tried everything i could find, no joy either.

All idea's welcome...

Lange666, Mar 23, 2022
  3. Trapper Win User
    Sleep mode suffers from insomnia

Sleep mode suffers from insomnia.
    Please see attached Snippet showing my power options relating to Win 10 sleep.
    When I hit the sleep key on the keyboard, or the Power - Sleep from the drop down menu or the same from the desktop, the PC shuts down, the fans stop. 9 times out 10 about 5 seconds later the fans resume and the logon screen appears, activate sleep again and the cycle is repeated.
    ANY suggestions what may be causing this, it's driving me bonkers. I've not used Hibernate and that option does not appear on my menus. Don't know if that would help or not. I am not using SSD only SATA drives.

Why does my computer have insomnia? [​IMG]

Trapper, Mar 23, 2022
  4. Why does my computer have insomnia?

Spontaneous sleep and "insomnia" with Windows 10

Hi Alan,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue can be caused due to power settings.

• Have you made any significant changes on your computer prior to this issue?
    I would suggest you to follow the methods given below and check.

Method 1: I would suggest you to run the
    Power troubleshooter
    and check if it helps.

• Press the ‘Windows + X’ key and select
      Control Panel.
    • Type troubleshooter in the search box and then press
      enter.
    • Select Troubleshooting. Click on
      and select Power.

• Click next and follow the on-screen instructions.
    Method 2: I would suggest you to
    restore default settings of power plan and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X, and select the option Control Panel
      (Classic View).
    • Click on the Power Options icon.
    • Click on Change plan settings.
    • Select the option “Restore default settings for this plan”.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 23, 2022
Thema:

Why does my computer have insomnia?

1. Why does my computer have insomnia? - Similar Threads - Why does computer

2. Why does my computer have a part gray filter on it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my computer have a part gray filter on it?: I was playing a game on steam called Destiny 2 when my computer suddenly went to a flickering black screen and completely off. after a little while i tried to ctrl + alt + delete but it would not show up, but it made the noise it normally does. then after a long time it said...
  3. Why does my computer have trouble connecting to the internet?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my computer have trouble connecting to the internet?: I have a Dell Inspiron 5593 with Windows 11 and my computer is having trouble connecting to the internet. I keep getting a windows error saying DNS server not found, but then sometimes I don't get any error message. Either way, it takes me a long time to connect to the...
  4. Why does my computer have trouble connecting to the internet?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my computer have trouble connecting to the internet?: I have a Dell Inspiron 5593 with Windows 11 and my computer is having trouble connecting to the internet. I keep getting a windows error saying DNS server not found, but then sometimes I don't get any error message. Either way, it takes me a long time to connect to the...
  5. Why does my computer have insomnia?

Why does my computer have insomnia?: Basically, every time I put the computer to sleep mode, it wakes itself up not a minute later. Also does this with hibernate mode, I believe. Not even any updates waiting to install, it just don't wanna sleep....
  6. Why does my computer no longer have any volume?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does my computer no longer have any volume?: I have a Lenovo computer with Windows 10 Pro and Creative Sound Blaster Audigy Fx installed for my Logi S150 speakers. I've never had any problems with this before, and I moved it on the back of a moving truck from Wyoming to New Hampshire! Two days ago I had to move the...
  7. Why does my computer no longer have any volume?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my computer no longer have any volume?: I have a Lenovo computer with Windows 10 Pro and Creative Sound Blaster Audigy Fx installed for my Logi S150 speakers. I've never had any problems with this before, and I moved it on the back of a moving truck from Wyoming to New Hampshire! Two days ago I had to move the...
  8. Why does my computer no longer have any volume?

9. My new computer has insomnia

in Windows 10 Support
    My new computer has insomnia: I just got a new HP Z2 Mini G4 computer. Everything works fine so far except when I shut it down. The power light turns off and then about a minute later, it turns back on and the system restarts. I checked the network adapters and turned off "Wake on Lan". I have turned off...
  10. Insomnia

in Windows 10 Support
    Insomnia: Computer suffers from insomnia. Computer (Desktop, Win 10 Pro) will not go to sleep although i did change the settings on the power profiles, used various power profiles, created a new one etc... Also the screen will not suspend ever after the given time of non-use. The...