Windows 10: Why does my computer have issues every time an update is available?

Discus and support Why does my computer have issues every time an update is available? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This has happened several times now... today, my internet connections was down... rebooted modem devices, still nothing, so i checked available... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by maarkr, Apr 12, 2016.

1. maarkr Win User

Why does my computer have issues every time an update is available?

This has happened several times now... today, my internet connections was down... rebooted modem devices, still nothing, so i checked available updates... and voila! an update is due. After installing and rebooting, everything seems fine.
    Seems like whenever I have a major issue with sound, or program function, or internet issues, I check for a Win update, and there is always one ready to download and install. This has happened at least 3 times.
    Is there an update setting that I am missing?
    Why does windows disable my computer when an update is available for download?

:)

maarkr, Apr 12, 2016
  2. lacrumb Win User

Why is the PIN disabled every time Windows does an update?

To help us to help you and to properly get answers to your post you should include some minimum information.

1. Device type. ie PC, Laptop, Tablet, Surface, Phone

2. Who made it and model. If home built what type motherboard

3. OS type, Home, Pro, Enterprise, etc

4. Current build. Go Settings, System. About. OS build XXXXXX.XXXX

What is happening? Is it not showing as an option on the log on screen?

Need more information.

lacrumb, Apr 12, 2016
  3. DF18739 Win User
    Why is the PIN disabled every time Windows does an update?

Lost the ability to log in by PIN after a Windows update - again. Why haven't Microsoft fixed this?

DF18739, Apr 12, 2016
  4. Why does my computer have issues every time an update is available?

This probably just a matter of coincidence. Whenever you have an issue, you check for an update and find one, but you don't say how long that update has been waiting to install. Windows most definitely doesn't disable your computer when an update is available. That would be counterproductive.

Patches and updates typically come out on a Tuesday, so you could try checking for updates every Wednesday morning, and installing what is there.

DeaconFrost, Apr 12, 2016
Thema:

Why does my computer have issues every time an update is available?

1. Why does my computer have issues every time an update is available? - Similar Threads - Why does computer

2. My Keyboard Locks Every Time the Computer Restarts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Keyboard Locks Every Time the Computer Restarts: Hello. I have a very frustrating issue that I need resolved. My keyboard locks every. single. time. my computer shuts down, restarts, and sleeps. By this I mean the keyboard clearly works, it lights up and the enter & esc keys work... but all the other keys are locked.This...
  3. Computer works on updates every time it is turned on

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer works on updates every time it is turned on: Every time I turn my laptop on, it says it is working on updates and works on this for a while before turning on. It does this everytime the computer is turned on and online I can only really find suggestions that say to turn automatic updates off which I have always had off,...
  4. Why do i have to fix my computer every time i get updates !

Why do i have to fix my computer every time i get updates !: This is getting old, real fast. again after the new update to windows 10 my computer looses the drivers for the usb ports and other settings I have done, along with new glitches. what I want to know is there a troubleshooter that can scan everything and just fix the problems...
  5. why does microsoft intrude on my computer ??????

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    why does microsoft intrude on my computer ??????: it is obvious to me that microsoft imposes their idiotic security fixes ( saying that with tongue in cheek ) as far as microsoft has invaded my privacy denied me use of my comp with their b s fixes where no problem exists they change the way you sign on way...
  6. Does Vole Office have issues with my computer or OS?

Does Vole Office have issues with my computer or OS?: I have a Dell Inspiron 5567 laptop, 64-bit with an Intel i7 processor, running Win10 Home build 17164. I had plenty of space on my hard drive when I downloaded Vole Office. But for the next few days, I had serious performance issues. My games would take forever to start and...
  7. Why my laptop does not have High Performance power plan available?

Why my laptop does not have High Performance power plan available?: Why my laptop does not have High Performance power plan available? [ATTACH] OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OS Version: 10.0.17134 N/A Build 17134 OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation OS Configuration: Standalone...
  8. why after EVERY SINGLE UPDATE does my bluetooth stop working?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    why after EVERY SINGLE UPDATE does my bluetooth stop working?: you really can't figure this out yet Microsoft? Mac is so much less trouble and yes to me its worth the money. I get this for free...for better or worse. LINUX has issues but they actually answer the question instead of referring me to 5 other conversation threads to try and...
  9. BSOD occurring every time my computer idles

BSOD occurring every time my computer idles: Hello, While searching online for a solution to my BSODs, I came across Windows 10 Forums and thought I'd ask you guys! I recently built my first computer to use for when I work remotely. Everything was great to start, but after a short time (a few days to a week or two),...
  10. My computer does not keep correct time

in Windows 10 Support
    My computer does not keep correct time: Where do I post if I am having trouble with keeping the correct time on my Dell OptiPlex 745 PC with Windows 10 (1607)? 102626