Windows 10: Why does my computer have issues every time an update is available?

Discus and support Why does my computer have issues every time an update is available? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This has happened several times now... today, my internet connections was down... rebooted modem devices, still nothing, so i checked available... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by maarkr, Apr 12, 2016.

1. maarkr Win User

Why does my computer have issues every time an update is available?

This has happened several times now... today, my internet connections was down... rebooted modem devices, still nothing, so i checked available updates... and voila! an update is due. After installing and rebooting, everything seems fine.
    Seems like whenever I have a major issue with sound, or program function, or internet issues, I check for a Win update, and there is always one ready to download and install. This has happened at least 3 times.
    Is there an update setting that I am missing?
    Why does windows disable my computer when an update is available for download?

:)

maarkr, Apr 12, 2016
  2. lacrumb Win User

Why is the PIN disabled every time Windows does an update?

To help us to help you and to properly get answers to your post you should include some minimum information.

1. Device type. ie PC, Laptop, Tablet, Surface, Phone

2. Who made it and model. If home built what type motherboard

3. OS type, Home, Pro, Enterprise, etc

4. Current build. Go Settings, System. About. OS build XXXXXX.XXXX

What is happening? Is it not showing as an option on the log on screen?

Need more information.

lacrumb, Apr 12, 2016
  3. DF18739 Win User
    Why is the PIN disabled every time Windows does an update?

Lost the ability to log in by PIN after a Windows update - again. Why haven't Microsoft fixed this?

DF18739, Apr 12, 2016
  4. Why does my computer have issues every time an update is available?

This probably just a matter of coincidence. Whenever you have an issue, you check for an update and find one, but you don't say how long that update has been waiting to install. Windows most definitely doesn't disable your computer when an update is available. That would be counterproductive.

Patches and updates typically come out on a Tuesday, so you could try checking for updates every Wednesday morning, and installing what is there.

DeaconFrost, Apr 12, 2016
Thema:

Why does my computer have issues every time an update is available?

1. Why does my computer have issues every time an update is available? - Similar Threads - Why does computer

2. Why is it that every time the Windows Update occurs I have an issue with my screen adaptor?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why is it that every time the Windows Update occurs I have an issue with my screen adaptor?: EVERY time there is a scheduled automatic update, my PC cant connect to an external screen via HDMI and i can't change my screen brightness. I have done the Device Unistallation-Reinstallation process, and this only sometimes works it's not working now, and i have to wait...
  3. Why does every Windows Update have to break my PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does every Windows Update have to break my PC?: Everytime this company sneaks an update at 3 AM to my PC, I get to wake up to it booting and relooping itself for hours on end. Just for it to eventually undo the Update and reset itself, which sometimes works, and other times doesn't and I have to fully reinstall...
  4. Why does every Windows Update have to break my PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does every Windows Update have to break my PC?: Everytime this company sneaks an update at 3 AM to my PC, I get to wake up to it booting and relooping itself for hours on end. Just for it to eventually undo the Update and reset itself, which sometimes works, and other times doesn't and I have to fully reinstall...
  5. Why does every Windows Update have to break my PC?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Why does this show up every time I turn on my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does this show up every time I turn on my computer?: Why does this show up every time I turn on my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-this-show-up-every-time-i-turn-on-my/cfe7f492-dc3a-40c5-b8e2-88f068356455
  7. Why does this show up every time I turn on my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does this show up every time I turn on my computer?: Why does this show up every time I turn on my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-this-show-up-every-time-i-turn-on-my/cfe7f492-dc3a-40c5-b8e2-88f068356455
  8. Why does this pop up every time I restart my computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does this pop up every time I restart my computer: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Szymks [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k90i81/why_does_this_pop_up_every_time_i_restart_my/
  9. Updating screws with my computer every time!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Updating screws with my computer every time!: How come after every "update" something goes wrong with the computer and it slows down a lot. I put off updating as long as I can, cuz it sucks. I hate it....
  10. Why do i have to fix my computer every time i get updates !

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why do i have to fix my computer every time i get updates !: This is getting old, real fast. again after the new update to windows 10 my computer looses the drivers for the usb ports and other settings I have done, along with new glitches. what I want to know is there a troubleshooter that can scan everything and just fix the problems...