Windows 10: Why does my computer keep shutting off when gaming?

Discus and support Why does my computer keep shutting off when gaming? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; SourceWindowsSummaryHardware errorDate‎8/‎30/‎2023 7:16 PMStatusNot reportedDescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Brokengamingpc, Aug 31, 2023.

1. Why does my computer keep shutting off when gaming?

SourceWindowsSummaryHardware errorDate‎8/‎30/‎2023 7:16 PMStatusNot reportedDescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 141Parameter 1: ffff9e0369238210Parameter 2: fffff8027c348050Parameter 3: 0Parameter 4: 0OS version: 10_0_19045Service Pack: 0_0Product: 768_1OS Version: 10.0.19045.2.0.0.768.101Locale ID: 1033

:)

Brokengamingpc, Aug 31, 2023

2. Game Bar freezes Computer

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting your query.

I understand your concern. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better please provide us more information.

• What is the model number of the computer?

• Which game are you trying to play?
    • Try playing other games and check what the status is.
    Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1

I recommend you to uninstall/reinstall the display driver and check. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Locate for display adapter and click on it to expand.

• Right click on the device and click on
      uninstall

• Once you are done uninstalling the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic display driver.
    If this doesn’t help to fix the issue. I suggest you to update the display driver. Skip step3 from the above steps and right click on the
    device and click on update.

Method 2.

If the above method did not help to fix the issue, I would suggest you to
    go to the computer manufacturer website and download the latest display adapter driver. Visit the below link:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us...for-5th-generation-intel-core-processors.html

Method 3.

For the sound issue try the below steps.

Step 1.

I suggest you to uninstall/reinstall the sound adapter driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager

• Now click on Sound, video and game controllers
      to expand, right click on the device and click on uninstall.

• Once you are done installing the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the sound adapter driver.
    If the issue still persist, try the below steps.

Step 2.

I suggest you to update the audio driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager
    • Now click on Sound, video and game controllers and right click on it and
      update the software.
    Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Aug 31, 2023
  3. xarzu Win User
    My new Vista computer sometimes unexpectedly shuts off. Any suggestions?

My new Vista computer sometimes unexpectedly shuts off. Any suggestions?

xarzu, Aug 31, 2023
  4. Why does my computer keep shutting off when gaming?

i just downloaded a game and it will open and shut automatically

Hi john,

For a better clarity on the issue, please answer the below questions;

• Please specify the game you are having issue with?
    • Are you getting any error messages while opening the game?
    • Also, did you download the game from windows Store?
    For workaround, I would suggest you to follow the below steps and see if the issue can be resolved.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search next to start on the desktop.
    • Click on View All on left side and select Windows Store Apps.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions.

Get back to us for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Aug 31, 2023
Thema:

Why does my computer keep shutting off when gaming?

1. Why does my computer keep shutting off when gaming? - Similar Threads - Why does computer

2. Why does my pc keep shutting down when i play games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does my pc keep shutting down when i play games: Hello, I have a problem where my pc shuts down when I play any game for more than a few mins, sometimes even instantly. the only game I can play are small Roblox games with graphics set to minimum and even sometimes it shuts down. I turned task manager and realized that it...
  3. Why does my pc keep shutting down when i play games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my pc keep shutting down when i play games: Hello, I have a problem where my pc shuts down when I play any game for more than a few mins, sometimes even instantly. the only game I can play are small Roblox games with graphics set to minimum and even sometimes it shuts down. I turned task manager and realized that it...
  4. Why does my pc keep shutting down when i play games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why does my computer keep shutting off when gaming?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my computer keep shutting off when gaming?: SourceWindowsSummaryHardware errorDate‎8/‎30/‎2023 7:16 PMStatusNot reportedDescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 141Parameter 1: ffff9e0369238210Parameter 2:...
  6. Why does my computer keep shutting off when gaming?

Why does my computer keep shutting off when gaming?: SourceWindowsSummaryHardware errorDate‎8/‎30/‎2023 7:16 PMStatusNot reportedDescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 141Parameter 1: ffff9e0369238210Parameter 2:...
  7. My computer keeps shutting off!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer keeps shutting off!: Hello! So I wanted to see what the problem with my computer is. Windows 10 LaptopMy computer specs areIntelR CoreTM i5-5300U CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.29 GHzWith 12 GB of DDR3 RamSo basically, Every 30-40 Minutes my computer just shuts off. However, in the second of shutting down, a...
  8. My computer keeps shutting off!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer keeps shutting off!: Hello! So I wanted to see what the problem with my computer is. Windows 10 LaptopMy computer specs areIntelR CoreTM i5-5300U CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.29 GHzWith 12 GB of DDR3 RamSo basically, Every 30-40 Minutes my computer just shuts off. However, in the second of shutting down, a...
  9. My computer keeps shutting off!

10. why does my computer display keep shutting off and turning back on?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why does my computer display keep shutting off and turning back on?: its been doing this for the past couple days. i dont know whats going on with it. it randomly does it, and sometimes i have to restart my laptop just to get it to stop....