Windows 10: Why does my computer not charge the battery since I upgraded to Windows 10? Dell 1525, 2012

Discus and support Why does my computer not charge the battery since I upgraded to Windows 10? Dell 1525, 2012 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Why does my computer not charge the battery since I upgraded to Windows 10? Dell 1525, 2012... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Raul AmadorOrdonez, Dec 21, 2019.

1. Why does my computer not charge the battery since I upgraded to Windows 10? Dell 1525, 2012

Why does my computer not charge the battery since I upgraded to Windows 10? Dell 1525, 2012

:)

Raul AmadorOrdonez, Dec 21, 2019

2. Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Why does my computer not charge the battery since I upgraded to Windows 10?   Dell 1525, 2012 pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Dec 21, 2019
  3. tech2822 Win User
    Battery Not Charging (Non dell type battery detected)

Hi,

I have Dell ispiron 5537 , i5 CPU , 6GB Memory.
    My battery suddenly stops charging. And in bios it say not dell type battery.
    And if i turn on my computer than it says not charging.

Is there any way to fix this battery issue?

tech2822, Dec 21, 2019
  4. gordon99 Win User

Why does my computer not charge the battery since I upgraded to Windows 10? Dell 1525, 2012

Battery plugged in but not charging.

Hello Bree & Callender, This morning I fiddled around trying to get the charger to work in the boot process by pressing F2 and the waiting for 10 minutes or so before continuing to log on. The amount of battery charge was still 5% which it was prior to all that. I did this because it was a suggestion from Dell as a possible solution. I then considered updating the BIOS as this is another Dell suggestion to overcome the battery not charging problem.

I then had another look at the adapter to confirm its output which is 130 Watts. Anyway, after an hour or so seemingly getting nowhere I noticed that the battery signal to the left ot the keyboard had lit up. I immediiatly checked the battery icon on the screen and found it was now showing that it was charging and 1 hour 31 minutes to full charge. I decided to leave everything as it was for a couple of hours after which time it was showing 100% charge on the battery.

Later on however I noticed that, although still showing 100% charge, the battery “connected but not charging” message was back. Needless to say I am even more flummoxed. I read all the links you posted Bree and found them very interesting. Nevertheless I am now wondering why the chargeing process had burst into and then died again. Someone, somewhere knows what’s happening I am sure.

gordon99, Dec 21, 2019
Thema:

1. Why does my computer not charge the battery since I upgraded to Windows 10? Dell 1525, 2012 - Similar Threads - Why does computer

2. Re: Dell Inspiron 1525

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re: Dell Inspiron 1525: Hello, I was hoping I could find some help with an old Dell Inspiron 1525. I reinstalled the original software because of issues the computer was having, got help from Microsoft getting a new Product Key. I have tried using the old Internet explorer on my wifi gateway, and...
  3. Re: Dell Inspiron 1525

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Re: Dell Inspiron 1525: Hello, I was hoping I could find some help with an old Dell Inspiron 1525. I reinstalled the original software because of issues the computer was having, got help from Microsoft getting a new Product Key. I have tried using the old Internet explorer on my wifi gateway, and...
  4. Why does my computer lag when i charge it?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does my computer lag when i charge it?: I have a windows 10 hp pavilion laptop. For some reason whenever I charge it starts to lag https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-computer-lag-when-i-charge-it/c69c1323-3e30-4cbd-a750-ec3d55b079ff
  5. Why won't my battery charge?

Why won't my battery charge?: Why won't my battery charge? I tried 3 batteries and tested good voltage on the power supply. Tried calibration and looked for drivers. This started probably 6 months ago. I have a HP Pavilion, model T558P44. Thanks, Jim...
  6. Dell Inspiron 1525 and Win 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dell Inspiron 1525 and Win 10: Got an old Dell Inspiron 1525 running W7 at the moment. It is sluggish but usable. Was thinking of putting W10 on it. I'd probably swap the HDD for a SSD, but leave everything else stock (including the 2GB if RAM) Does this sound feasible, or is W10 too much for this old...
  7. Why wont my battery charge?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why wont my battery charge?: Why won't my battery charge? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wont-my-battery-charge/c7fef960-95c3-41f9-9c45-dd701a0cd0a4
  8. Laptop Battery plugged in but not charging, since

Laptop Battery plugged in but not charging, since: I believe that the batteryhardware is working fine. However it's struck at 18% plugged not charging. On disconnecting the chargerlaptop shuts down instantly. The laptop and battery was fine yesterday, the only thing changed since then was a cumulative update. [ATTACH] I...
  9. Windows 10 1809 Still Not Updating to My Dell 1525

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1809 Still Not Updating to My Dell 1525: Windows 10 1809 Still Not Updating to My Dell 1525 Used Windows update assistant and received an application failed notice every time I try to install. Tried to update from ISO File from USB drive and got a notice to remove drive if I was not doing a clean install, after...
  10. battery plugged in not charging, since downloading Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    battery plugged in not charging, since downloading Windows 10: I have an ongoing issue with the message "plugged in not charging" I have tried remedies as advised on the internet, u.tube, Windows help, etc. I have found many people asking the same question, and would like to know, WHERE DO I FIND THE ANSWERS. There seems to be literally...