Windows 10: Why does my computer say “virus scan failed” whenever I try to download something?

Discus and support Why does my computer say “virus scan failed” whenever I try to download something? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; It does this every time I try to download something and I have disabled windows defender as well as my normal anti virus (mcafee). submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/nicknugget2007, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Why does my computer say “virus scan failed” whenever I try to download something?

It does this every time I try to download something and I have disabled windows defender as well as my normal anti virus (mcafee).

submitted by /u/nicknugget2007
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/nicknugget2007, Jun 2, 2020
  2. Niarod Win User

Failing hardware? Undetected virus?

It really sounds like a virus running hidden in the background!
    Though you've scanned the pc for viruses it's difficult that the antivirus installed finds anything...as the virus has already passed unobserved by the antivirus app.

My suggestion is to put some executable antivirus and antispyware appz. in your flash disk and scan the pc from that.
    Use different ones, portable antiviruses etc....here are some suggestions:

Eset Sysinspector : http://www.eset.com/download/sysinspector.php
    PrevX CSI : http://info.prevx.com/downloadcsi.asp
    Spyware doctor..etc.

Cheerz

Niarod, Jun 2, 2020
  3. Kath UP Win User
    'Virus scan failed' message

Yes, I use Chrome. I've received several emails with Word doc attachments or google docs attached and I get the message "Failed - Virus scan failed"

I tried to go through the steps described by typing in regedit and going through the steps provided but that didn't solve the problem.

Kath UP, Jun 2, 2020
  4. Why does my computer say “virus scan failed” whenever I try to download something?

Failed - Virus scan failed

hello! I am trying to add OceanHero to Chrome, but it keeps saying "Failed - Virus scan failed".

bits4turn367, Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

Why does my computer say “virus scan failed” whenever I try to download something?

1. Why does my computer say “virus scan failed” whenever I try to download something? - Similar Threads - Why does computer

2. when I try to download anything I get a message that says: failed virus scan failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when I try to download anything I get a message that says: failed virus scan failed: I am trying to download AVG antivirus and I have tried to login to a work program. Every time I try either I get the same message, it reads: Failed - Virus scan failed....
  3. when I try to download anything I get a message that says: failed virus scan failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when I try to download anything I get a message that says: failed virus scan failed: I am trying to download AVG antivirus and I have tried to login to a work program. Every time I try either I get the same message, it reads: Failed - Virus scan failed....
  4. Whenever I download anything on my laptop it says "cant download - virus scan failed" How...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever I download anything on my laptop it says "cant download - virus scan failed" How...: i am trying to download anti virus but because of this message it doesn't allow me to do it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whenever-i-download-anything-on-my-laptop-it-says/f58b72fd-fb4d-49ce-b789-cd0ace6b454c
  5. Whenever I download anything on my laptop it says "cant download - virus scan failed" How...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Whenever I download anything on my laptop it says "cant download - virus scan failed" How...: i am trying to download anti virus but because of this message it doesn't allow me to do it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whenever-i-download-anything-on-my-laptop-it-says/f58b72fd-fb4d-49ce-b789-cd0ace6b454c
  6. I can't download MacAfee. Error says "virus scan failed"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't download MacAfee. Error says "virus scan failed": I can't download MacAfee. Error says "virus scan failed" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-download-macafee-error-says-virus-scan/0d166eb8-cfe7-4d1e-87a3-89a1ae272f27
  7. Whenever i download something it says virus scan failed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Whenever i download something it says virus scan failed: Whenever i download something it says virus scan failed. I aslo cant turn on my microsoft defender anti virus, I have tried changing the value to 1 ive tried uninstalling all other anti virus things nothing has worked...
  8. Failed download virus scan

Failed download virus scan: I am unable to download programs, updates, photos or other items. When I try I get the message: Failed download virus scan. It is a firewall issue, but I can't override it to download necessary updates from any source. I don't know if this is a Microsoft issue, or a Windows...
  9. every download on my computer is failing with message virus scan failed

in Windows 10 Customization
    every download on my computer is failing with message virus scan failed: download fails with message virus scan failed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/every-download-on-my-computer-is-failing-with/0feea00d-a13b-491f-ad56-58f94442de8c
  10. "Failed - Virus scan failed". This message keeps appearing on my screen whenever I try to...

"Failed - Virus scan failed". This message keeps appearing on my screen whenever I try to...: This message keeps appearing on my screen whenever I try to download something from google chrome or on edge. When I tried to download a PDF from my mail, the message appears and won't let me download it. I tried turning off the antivirus (McAfee) and windows defender but the...