Windows 10: Why does my computer screen not turn on when I disconnect HDMI?

Discus and support Why does my computer screen not turn on when I disconnect HDMI? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I'm trying to find out why my laptop screen doesn't turn on after I disconnect HDMI that was set in "second screen only" mode. I have a Hewlett... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by bluejays4360, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Why does my computer screen not turn on when I disconnect HDMI?

I'm trying to find out why my laptop screen doesn't turn on after I disconnect HDMI that was set in "second screen only" mode. I have a Hewlett Pavilion x360 Convertible 14m-dh1xxx running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. If someone could inform me on how to resolve this issue that would be terrific! Why does my computer screen not turn on when I disconnect HDMI? :)

:)

bluejays4360, Nov 22, 2020

2. hdmi questions

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to disconnect the HDMI cable and try to connect it buy following these steps.

• Turn off your computer and position it within easy reach of your TV. Disconnect the monitor, but leave the mouse and keyboard connected.
    • Connect the appropriate video cable from your computer's output to your TV.
    • Turn on your TV and set it to the input that matches the output on your computer. You might need to refer to the user's guide included with your TV for instructions on how to do this.
    • Turn on your computer.
    • You should see Windows displayed on your TV. If the screen looks stretched, or part of the screen seems cut off, you probably need to adjust the screen resolution in Windows.
    • If you can't see Windows on your TV, you might need to reconnect the computer to your monitor and adjust the screen resolution before you connect to your TV.

To adjust screen resolution follow this steps:

• Right click on the screen and select Screen Resolution.
    • Check if the resolution is set to 1024x768.
    • If it is not, then set it to 1024x768.

Method 2:

I would suggest you to go through the article and follow the steps given. Here is the link for your reference.

What if a device isn't installed properly?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/what-device-isnt-installed-properly

Do let us know if you have any further queries.

Mohammed Yaseer, Nov 22, 2020
  3. Lap top to television screen by hdmi cable

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We are glad to help you.

I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it works:

Kindly follow the below steps:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to disconnect the HDMI cable and try to connect it by following these steps.

a. Turn off your computer and position it within easy reach of your TV. Disconnect the monitor, but leave the mouse and keyboard connected.

b. Connect the appropriate video cable from your computer's output to your TV.

c. Turn on your TV and set it to the input that matches the output on your computer. You might need to refer to the user's guide included with your TV for instructions on how to do this.

d. Turn on your computer.

e. You should see Windows displayed on your TV. If the screen looks stretched, or part of the screen seems cut off, you probably need to adjust the screen resolution in Windows.

f. If you can't see Windows on your TV, you might need to reconnect the computer to your monitor and adjust the screen resolution before you connect to your TV.

Step 2: To adjust screen resolution follow this steps:

• Right click on the screen and select
      Display settings.

• Click on Advanced display settings.

• Set the resolution to recommended level. (recommended level varies from device to device)

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Jenith_James, Nov 22, 2020
  4. Why does my computer screen not turn on when I disconnect HDMI?

Windows 10 - HDMI disconnect after turning TV off

I have Windows 10 on my HTPC - MacMini (late 2012) connected via HDMI to my receiver which is connected to TV.

My problem is that HDMI disconnect every time when I turn off my TV. Next time I have to wait few seconds for reconnect. But problem is when I'm in certain application (KODI), then HDMI will not be reconnected until I switch from that application (ALT+TAB
    or ALT+F4).

I tried:

• turning receiver on/off doesn't solve the issue
    • drivers - latest, older
    • enable/disable HDMI CEC in my TV

Caroline222, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

Why does my computer screen not turn on when I disconnect HDMI?

1. Why does my computer screen not turn on when I disconnect HDMI? - Similar Threads - Why does computer

2. Why does my computer crush when I turn on the camera with audio?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does my computer crush when I turn on the camera with audio?: Why does my computer crush when I turn on the camera with audio? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-computer-crush-when-i-turn-on-the/1bf471e8-4022-4653-9d7f-4ce0532d0fc1
  3. Why does my computer crush when I turn on the camera with audio?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my computer crush when I turn on the camera with audio?: Why does my computer crush when I turn on the camera with audio? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-computer-crush-when-i-turn-on-the/1bf471e8-4022-4653-9d7f-4ce0532d0fc1
  4. Why does my computer crush when I turn on the camera with audio?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why does my internet disconnect when I start a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my internet disconnect when I start a game: I need help i just want to play games https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-internet-disconnect-when-i-start-a/17f19d54-7235-4802-ba12-084046d3db5e
  6. Why does my bluetooth turn on when I turn it off?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my bluetooth turn on when I turn it off?: So I have a Windows 11 computer upgraded from 10 and only just recently it has started to turn on bluetooth after I turn it off. I've tried looking it up, going to Microsoft Support and watching videos but it only has the answer for phones or for how to stop it from turning...
  7. hdmi connected screen disconnecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hdmi connected screen disconnecting: just bought a new 10m 2.0 hdmi cable and tried to connect my 4k tv to my computer which. in somewhat constant intervals the tv kind of shuts down and then reboots, only down for like 1 sec then up to full power again. if i try to set the tv as my speaker it will sometimes...
  8. Why does my surface tablet WiFi disconnect when I turn off my Bluetooth?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does my surface tablet WiFi disconnect when I turn off my Bluetooth?: My bluetooth keeps connecting to my soundbar whenever i turn on my surface tablet. When i turn off the bluetooth on my surface tablet off the wifi disconnects and wont reconnect. Why...
  9. Computer does blue screen when I unplugged the monitor that is connected with HDMI

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer does blue screen when I unplugged the monitor that is connected with HDMI: I can't find the solution, computer have latest window 10 updates, latest drivers and firmware and still does blue screens all the time. This is the latest dump file from just moments ago https://www.dropbox.com/sh/obfgvu0vddc88tr/AAAVYuJjytBXF7EdfziQ7L5qa?dl=0 Is a...
  10. This happens to my computer when I turn it on, why?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This happens to my computer when I turn it on, why?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/whylordquestiokmark [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fuac36/this_happens_to_my_computer_when_i_turn_it_on_why/