Windows 10: Why does my computer shut down as well as locking screen/sleep when ever it feels like it?

Discus and support Why does my computer shut down as well as locking screen/sleep when ever it feels like it? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My computer is shuting down and going into sleep mode when ever it wants to, and my Microsoft Edge does not respond?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JoeDuhr, Feb 18, 2019.

1. JoeDuhr Win User

Why does my computer shut down as well as locking screen/sleep when ever it feels like it?

My computer is shuting down and going into sleep mode when ever it wants to, and my Microsoft Edge does not respond?

:)

JoeDuhr, Feb 18, 2019

2. lock screen - sleep problems

Hi Kenny,

For us to isolate your concern with lock screen and sleep mode, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Feb 18, 2019
  3. no sleep option in lock screen

sorry if this has been asked before, but i couldn't find anything about a missing sleep option from the lock screen, only a shut down option.

i recently had to reinstall windows 10 (home), and since i've reinstalled, i've lost my sleep option from the lock screen. i can only tell the computer to sleep from the start menu. when i do lock my computer, the only buttons i have are network, ease of access, and to shut down. there's not even a restart option.

is there a way to add the restart/sleep back in? multiple people live here, so i don't want them being able to access my computer while i'm away at work, and i'd prefer to not have to completely shut down after each session.

nikarijamko, Feb 18, 2019
  4. Rhina Vib Win User

Why does my computer shut down as well as locking screen/sleep when ever it feels like it?

Lock screen not working on sleep

Hi Polly,

To be able to lock your screen while on Sleep mode, you can follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key.
    • Type Sign in and hit
      Enter.
    • Select the option When PC wakes up from sleep under Require Sign-in.

If you have other questions, don't hesitate to reach out.

Thank you.

Rhina Vib, Feb 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Why does my computer shut down as well as locking screen/sleep when ever it feels like it? - Similar Threads - Why does computer

2. Why does my computer shut down when I put it to sleep?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why does my computer shut down when I put it to sleep?: It wasn't like that, until my mouse and keyboard just suddenly stopped working. I had to manually hold the power button to forcefully shut it down, but after that, no matter what I do to put it to sleep as I always do closing the lid, putting it to sleep through the power...
  3. Why does my computer shut down when I put it to sleep?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my computer shut down when I put it to sleep?: It wasn't like that, until my mouse and keyboard just suddenly stopped working. I had to manually hold the power button to forcefully shut it down, but after that, no matter what I do to put it to sleep as I always do closing the lid, putting it to sleep through the power...
  4. Why does my computer shut down when I put it to sleep?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why does my computer shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my computer shut down: I have set my power option to ''never'' but my computer shuts down if I don't do anything on it. I'm trying to download something large and it will take several hours or more but if I leave my computer on it automatically shuts down after some time....
  6. Why does my computer shut down

Why does my computer shut down: I have set my power option to ''never'' but my computer shuts down if I don't do anything on it. I'm trying to download something large and it will take several hours or more but if I leave my computer on it automatically shuts down after some time....
  7. When my computer is sleeping, my computer feels like it was shut down, but when I sign it...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    When my computer is sleeping, my computer feels like it was shut down, but when I sign it...: So I found this annoying thing on my Windows computer when sleeping. When I try to press any key to awake the computer, the computer does not wake up. When I press the power button, it looks like the computer shuted down by itself. When I sign it on, it takes me to where I...
  8. When my computer is sleeping, my computer feels like it was shut down, but when I sign it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When my computer is sleeping, my computer feels like it was shut down, but when I sign it...: So I found this annoying thing on my Windows computer when sleeping. When I try to press any key to awake the computer, the computer does not wake up. When I press the power button, it looks like the computer shuted down by itself. When I sign it on, it takes me to where I...
  9. When my computer is sleeping, my computer feels like it was shut down, but when I sign it...

10. why does my computer shut down automatically

in Windows 10 Support
    why does my computer shut down automatically: this computer shutdown when not use after about 5 minutes even though the power option says never in both locations. It does not completely shut down because the startup screen is still on and I do have reenter my password. Any help on this problem would be greatly...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why does computer shut down and says locking

2. Why would laptop be locking when you shut down

3. locking the computer shuts is down