Windows 10: Why does my computer shut down randomly?

Discus and support Why does my computer shut down randomly? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hiya, my pc has been shutting down randomly since 2017, when I got the pc. I've been trying to fix it for about a year, and nothing has worked. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jake_Cook, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Jake_Cook Win User

Why does my computer shut down randomly?

Hiya, my pc has been shutting down randomly since 2017, when I got the pc. I've been trying to fix it for about a year, and nothing has worked. I've done all the major things such as:

• Change services
    • changed PSU
    • changed power options
    • Changed and re-downloaded drivers
    • Uninstall firewalls and reinstall

Basically a lot of things. So i was wondering if anyone else has this problem, it's not a blue screen, the computer will just lose power as the keyboard and mouse turn off. In the event viewer the closet thing I can get are these errors:

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

Upon further inspection, my computer shut down at 10:57:55, however there is this code:

The previous system shutdown at 10:22:44 on ‎04/‎04/‎2020 was unexpected.

But my computer didn't restart?

Also I have reinstalled widows twice now, and that hasn't fixed it, and I've made sure it isn't a hardware issue

Any ideas?

:)

Jake_Cook, Apr 4, 2020

2. Laptop randomly shuts down after latest Windows 10 update

Since the latest update of Windows 10 my computer decides to randomly shut down after every couple of minutes. First the screen goes black, then the sounds stops and after quite a while the power also goes down.

Obviously I though of cleaning the fan with a big vacuum, as suggested on My Windows 10 Computer Randomly Shuts Down . However, after doing this, the shutting down goes even quicker. I cannot even properly log-on before the shutdown takes place.

What should be my next step?

Ps. The computer is quited aged (roughly 3 - 4 years). The battery is dead enough such that I always need to have it plugged in an outlet. It might just be "done for" but I'm hoping to revive it for just a little bit more.

Robin Kramer, Apr 4, 2020
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    My Computer Keeps Shutting Down By Itself But Not Infected Or Hacked.

Hi Ethan,

There several reasons why your computer is shutting down automatically. For us to provide you the proper troubleshooting steps, kindly answer the questions below:

• Were there any changes made on your computer before encountering the issue?
    • Are you encountering an error message when your computer automatically shuts down? If so, what is the error message that you're getting?
    • Does the issue occur when you're performing a specific task on your computer or does it occur randomly?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've done so far?

Argel Obm, Apr 4, 2020
  4. ilgoldman Win User

Random shut down and restart??

Computer: Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual cpu
    E220@2.406hz
    2.42 GHZ, 2.00 GB of RAM
    Windows xp

Ever since I replaced the fan (with heat sink) the computer has randomly shut down and then restarted, at first during streaming, and now, will shut down and restart anytime. I tried to replace the graphics card to no avail. *Confused Why does my computer shut down randomly? :confused:*Mad Why does my computer shut down randomly? :mad:

One suggestion was to replace the RAM.

Any suggestions on how to repair my computer?

ilgoldman, Apr 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Why does my computer shut down randomly? - Similar Threads - Why does computer

2. Why does my computer randomly shut itself down strictly during gaming?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my computer randomly shut itself down strictly during gaming?: I have had my PC for about 3 years now, during some of those years recently I'd say maybe 2 almost, my PC has experienced random shut downs during gaming, it happened in roblox which isn't that heavy for the specs I'm using. I have a ryzen 3 3200g with 16gb of ram. My mother...
  3. Why does my computer randomly shut itself down strictly during gaming?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my computer randomly shut itself down strictly during gaming?: I have had my PC for about 3 years now, during some of those years recently I'd say maybe 2 almost, my PC has experienced random shut downs during gaming, it happened in roblox which isn't that heavy for the specs I'm using. I have a ryzen 3 3200g with 16gb of ram. My mother...
  4. Why does my computer randomly shut itself down strictly during gaming?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Why does my computer shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my computer shut down: I have set my power option to ''never'' but my computer shuts down if I don't do anything on it. I'm trying to download something large and it will take several hours or more but if I leave my computer on it automatically shuts down after some time....
  6. Why does my computer shut down

Why does my computer shut down: I have set my power option to ''never'' but my computer shuts down if I don't do anything on it. I'm trying to download something large and it will take several hours or more but if I leave my computer on it automatically shuts down after some time....
  7. my computer is randomly shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer is randomly shutting down: My computer sometimes just shuts down with no warning and if it happens its usually 10-20 minutes or sooner after i turn on my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-is-randomly-shutting-down/c5eb8155-8fd8-4b64-9b43-223b90264f58
  8. my computer is randomly shutting down

my computer is randomly shutting down: My computer sometimes just shuts down with no warning and if it happens its usually 10-20 minutes or sooner after i turn on my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-is-randomly-shutting-down/c5eb8155-8fd8-4b64-9b43-223b90264f58
  9. my computer is randomly shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. why does my computer shut down automatically

in Windows 10 Support
    why does my computer shut down automatically: this computer shutdown when not use after about 5 minutes even though the power option says never in both locations. It does not completely shut down because the startup screen is still on and I do have reenter my password. Any help on this problem would be greatly...