Windows 10: Why does my computer stay turned off when I choose "restart"?

Discus and support Why does my computer stay turned off when I choose "restart"? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I restart my computer. No programs are running except my auto-connecting VPN that cannot be disconnected. My computer stays turned off. I wait for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by D.Titanium, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Why does my computer stay turned off when I choose "restart"?

I restart my computer. No programs are running except my auto-connecting VPN that cannot be disconnected. My computer stays turned off. I wait for my computer to restart, nothing happens. I press the power button on my keyboard laptop and nothing happens. I press the power button repeatedly and after about 8 to 10 times my computer finally restarts. What is going on here? Thank you in advance for any responses.

:)

D.Titanium, Feb 15, 2020
  2. Arrakis9 Win User

Random restarts

when you start the computer up press F8 repeatedly until you get a list of how to start windows, choose do not automatically restart on system failure. if your getting bsod's list what your getting here so we can further help you. IF the system is not getting bsod's and still restarting as you say then i would look into getting a line conditioner for your computer as you might be having power issues.

Arrakis9, Feb 15, 2020
  3. Computer not booting to desktop, stuck at Restarting screen

Hi Fred,

Thank you for posting in Community.

The issue might occur if the system is not Shut down properly. As you have already tried restarting the system several times, I suggest you to perform a Power Drain by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Turn Off the computer and remove the power cable.
    • Long press the Power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Plug in the power cable and switch on the computer.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 15, 2020
  4. Why does my computer stay turned off when I choose "restart"?

Computer randomly has black screen and restarts

Taco this could be software also. Before you get all crazy, do as Erocker suggested. Find out the error in the Event Viewer. Look for the faulting module and the error code itself. Also check the reliability monitor. At the bottom it will have "View all Error Reports". Post a screen of whats in there if anything.

This could be a simple as a bad driver install.

ALSO have you downloaded or installed anything lately? STAY OUT OF THE DAMN BIOS UNTIL WE KNOW THE ERROR! lol. I know you. Baby steps boy, baby steps.

TheMailMan78, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

Why does my computer stay turned off when I choose "restart"?

1. Why does my computer stay turned off when I choose "restart"? - Similar Threads - Why does computer

2. Why does my laptop restart when the screen turn off in rest?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my laptop restart when the screen turn off in rest?: I set up my screen to just turn off, not sleep or hibernate, just turn off after 5min. Sometimes it works, some others it doesn't, and what I mean with this, is after the 5 min my screen turns off, and when I click a bottom or just move the mouse there are times that it turns...
  3. Why does my laptop restart when the screen turn off in rest?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my laptop restart when the screen turn off in rest?: I set up my screen to just turn off, not sleep or hibernate, just turn off after 5min. Sometimes it works, some others it doesn't, and what I mean with this, is after the 5 min my screen turns off, and when I click a bottom or just move the mouse there are times that it turns...
  4. I turned my computer off while it was restarting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I turned my computer off while it was restarting.: I factory reserved my windows 10 to fully clean it and while it was resetting it froze at 64% and with no other idea I turned it off. Now it when I turn it on it goes on the loading screen then flickers to the restart screen then off. It repeats that until I turn it off...
  5. I turned my computer off while it was restarting.

I turned my computer off while it was restarting.: I factory reserved my windows 10 to fully clean it and while it was resetting it froze at 64% and with no other idea I turned it off. Now it when I turn it on it goes on the loading screen then flickers to the restart screen then off. It repeats that until I turn it off...
  6. I turned my computer off while it was restarting.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Why does my bluetooth turn on randomly when I turn it off?

Why does my bluetooth turn on randomly when I turn it off?: So I have a Windows 11 computer upgraded from 10 and only just recently it has started to turn on bluetooth after I turn it off or randomly. I've tried looking it up, going to Microsoft Support and watching videos but it only has the answer for phones or for how to stop it...
  8. Why does my bluetooth turn on randomly when I turn it off?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my bluetooth turn on randomly when I turn it off?: So I have a Windows 11 computer upgraded from 10 and only just recently it has started to turn on bluetooth after I turn it off or randomly. I've tried looking it up, going to Microsoft Support and watching videos but it only has the answer for phones or for how to stop it...
  9. Why does my bluetooth turn on when I turn it off?

Why does my bluetooth turn on when I turn it off?: So I have a Windows 11 computer upgraded from 10 and only just recently it has started to turn on bluetooth after I turn it off. I've tried looking it up, going to Microsoft Support and watching videos but it only has the answer for phones or for how to stop it from turning...
  10. why does my computer keep turning on and off by itself

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    why does my computer keep turning on and off by itself: why does my computer keep turning on and off by itself https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/why-does-my-computer-keep-turning-on-and-off-by/eae71674-2474-407b-acea-848b26542461