Windows 10: why does my computer takes long to start and shut down?

Discus and support why does my computer takes long to start and shut down? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; my computer takes about five minutes to start and shut down.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by tcbcampbellcampbell, Oct 26, 2019.

1. why does my computer takes long to start and shut down?

my computer takes about five minutes to start and shut down.

:)

tcbcampbellcampbell, Oct 26, 2019

2. Won't shut down or restart -- error X0X

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask what are the methods that you have tried to solve the issue.

The issue might occur if the computer is not shut down properly. so, I suggest you to perform a power drain by follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 26, 2019
  3. xarzu Win User
    My new Vista computer sometimes unexpectedly shuts off. Any suggestions?

My new Vista computer sometimes unexpectedly shuts off. Any suggestions?

xarzu, Oct 26, 2019
  4. why does my computer takes long to start and shut down?

Windows 10 Pro (fully updated) will not shut down properly

Hi Chayan,

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • How exactly are you shutting down the computer? Is it from Start menu?
    • Did you try shutting down by pressing and holding the power button?
    • Did you make any recent changes to the computer settings?
    • Did you plug any external device to the computer?
    I would like to inform you that it is bit difficult to pin point on the exact reason behind the issue unless we get the answers for the questions asked above.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to press and hold the power button and check if the computer able to shut down completely.

If the issue persist try unplug plug the charger\power cord from the power source and check if the issue persists, this may also arise due to any fault in the power source.

If the above steps doesn’t work, I suggest you to check if the fast startup option is enabled.

• Access control panel by right clicking on the Start menu.
    • Choose Power options.
    • Select Choose what the power buttons do and check if it is enabled.(Disable it if enabled)
    Please let us know if you are able to shut down the system properly after following the above steps. If the issue persists, please reply with the required information. We will be glad to assist.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

why does my computer takes long to start and shut down?

1. why does my computer takes long to start and shut down? - Similar Threads - why does computer

2. My laptop takes so long to shut down?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop takes so long to shut down?: My laptop takes so much time to shut down, the shut down logo stays on the screen for about a minute and there is this one application that appears up about apps running in the background which stays there for less then a second and dissapears. I have the latest version of...
  3. My laptop takes so long to shut down?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop takes so long to shut down?: My laptop takes so much time to shut down, the shut down logo stays on the screen for about a minute and there is this one application that appears up about apps running in the background which stays there for less then a second and dissapears. I have the latest version of...
  4. Why does my computer shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my computer shut down: I have set my power option to ''never'' but my computer shuts down if I don't do anything on it. I'm trying to download something large and it will take several hours or more but if I leave my computer on it automatically shuts down after some time....
  5. Why does my computer shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my computer shut down: I have set my power option to ''never'' but my computer shuts down if I don't do anything on it. I'm trying to download something large and it will take several hours or more but if I leave my computer on it automatically shuts down after some time....
  6. Why does my computer shut down on its own?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why does my computer shut down on its own?: My Windows 10 used to be someone else's has started to shut down immediately, just turns black when I tilt the screen, even if it's by accident. It hasn't always been like this, and we've been searching for ways to stop it, but it never works. I've tried to scan for viruses,...
  7. PC takes too long to shut down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC takes too long to shut down: Just pressed the shutdown button and took 5 entire minutes to my PC to shut down. When i turn it on, it takes 17s to boot up. Is there any solution to improve shutdown time? submitted by /u/minilio [link] [comments]...
  8. windows 10s take long to shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    windows 10s take long to shut down: my computer is dual booted to windows 7and win 10 i innstall windows 10 on my divice but the windows 10 takes a long times to stop the exhaust fan but windows 7 has no problem it can shut down very fastly...
  9. Why does my computer shut down randomly?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does my computer shut down randomly?: Hiya, my pc has been shutting down randomly since 2017, when I got the pc. I've been trying to fix it for about a year, and nothing has worked. I've done all the major things such as: Change services changed PSU changed power options Changed and re-downloaded drivers...
  10. why does my computer shut down automatically

in Windows 10 Support
    why does my computer shut down automatically: this computer shutdown when not use after about 5 minutes even though the power option says never in both locations. It does not completely shut down because the startup screen is still on and I do have reenter my password. Any help on this problem would be greatly...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why does my computer take so long to sign in after shut down