Windows 10: Why does my computer think I am in another state?

Discus and support Why does my computer think I am in another state? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; We moved from California to Florida about 18 months ago. No matter what I do, my Dell 2in1 still thinks I am in California. Can anyone help me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Major Quality, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Why does my computer think I am in another state?

We moved from California to Florida about 18 months ago.

No matter what I do, my Dell 2in1 still thinks I am in California.

Can anyone help me figure out why?

:)

Major Quality, Jul 9, 2020

2. Why has Windows 10 slowed my computer so much?

If you upgraded to Win10 with MBAM installed, it's very possible that the OS upgrade messed up something with MBAM.
    (It was/is M$ "best practices" to temporarily uninstall your AV, AM and other security programs before upgrading to Win10, to minimize the chance of such corruption.)

Either way, for starters, I suggest a proper, clean MBAM reinstall.
    I suggest carefully following ALL of the steps here: MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x.
    Pointers:
    • Please be sure you have your license info handy before you start
    • Please be sure to deactivate your account before you uninstall (dashboard > "my account" > "deactivate")
    • Please be sure to reboot when prompted by the removal tool
    • It's a good idea to reboot again after the reinstall

Please let us know if that resolves your issue.

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Jul 9, 2020
  3. Can I run Battlefield 2 on my parents computer?

If I am going to buy something, I want my game to run medium to well as far as game speed and res. I am open to any suggestions and advice on how to match up my new GPU with my old dell dimesions 8400 setup previously listed as the setup at my rents house. I want enough power to run BF2 online well to avoid lag problems. Also does anyone suggest new memory for my BF2 applications?

floridajerseyguy, Jul 9, 2020
  4. Why does my computer think I am in another state?

Building my first computer

The price list was from newegg.ca

I changed my cooler, thanks.

I think I am going to stick with the SSD(good reviews,cheaper) and Powersource (in the bundle deal or I would probably get the one you suggested)

limitless10, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

Why does my computer think I am in another state?

1. Why does my computer think I am in another state? - Similar Threads - Why does computer

2. Hi, my computer thinks i am in another state which does not have daylight saving, i have...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi, my computer thinks i am in another state which does not have daylight saving, i have...: I have tried to change the location and the time through the control panel but it is not highlighted so I cannot do it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-my-computer-thinks-i-am-in-another-state-which/81bbb387-2f46-4a2a-8204-ab4f5752f5c1
  3. Hi, my computer thinks i am in another state which does not have daylight saving, i have...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi, my computer thinks i am in another state which does not have daylight saving, i have...: I have tried to change the location and the time through the control panel but it is not highlighted so I cannot do it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-my-computer-thinks-i-am-in-another-state-which/81bbb387-2f46-4a2a-8204-ab4f5752f5c1
  4. Why does Microsoft think I am offline

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Microsoft think I am offline: So obviously I am connected to the internet but Winbdows 10 thinks that I am offline with that little disconnected globe icon in the taskbar so therefore my onedrive and other office apps think I am offline. I have no clue why it thinks that I am offline but I at least get a...
  5. Why does Microsoft think I am offline

Why does Microsoft think I am offline: So obviously I am connected to the internet but Winbdows 10 thinks that I am offline with that little disconnected globe icon in the taskbar so therefore my onedrive and other office apps think I am offline. I have no clue why it thinks that I am offline but I at least get a...
  6. Why does Microsoft think I am offline

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Why does my computer think there is an organisation managing my account when I am using a...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Why does my computer think there is an organisation managing my account when I am using a...: I am trying to set up a Windows Hello PIN but I am unable to because I keep getting prompted to sign-in to a work/school account, even though I am only using my personal Microsoft account. I have a PIN set up already but due to this I am not able to use it to verify myself...
  8. Why does my computer think there is an organisation managing my account when I am using a...

Why does my computer think there is an organisation managing my account when I am using a...: I am trying to set up a Windows Hello PIN but I am unable to because I keep getting prompted to sign-in to a work/school account, even though I am only using my personal Microsoft account. I have a PIN set up already but due to this I am not able to use it to verify myself...
  9. My computer suddenly thinks I'm in another state.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My computer suddenly thinks I'm in another state.: I used to live in West Virginia, but moved to Missouri several months ago, and last week, my computer's time zone started resetting to eastern time from central time. I found out that apparently, it suddenly thinks I'm back in West Virginia. Changing the default location...
  10. Why does my computer/internet think I am in Canada?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does my computer/internet think I am in Canada?: Whenever I search either from Google or Bing or Explorer from my Surface, I get results as if I am located in Canada. I have already check my regional settings & language & they are correct. Thanks! * Moved from IE8/other...