Windows 10: why does my computer thinks it is in Chicago but actually in Florida

Discus and support why does my computer thinks it is in Chicago but actually in Florida in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; my computer is in florida but the location shows chicago, I have never been to chicago with the computer. my map default location is set to my florida... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Dave80534, Mar 4, 2024.

1. Dave80534 Win User

why does my computer thinks it is in Chicago but actually in Florida

my computer is in florida but the location shows chicago, I have never been to chicago with the computer. my map default location is set to my florida home. i have cleared location history countless times. I have researched and spent wasted hours, there is a popup weather widget guessing with temp for chicago when i start the computer. short of reinstalling windows, and my programs, can anyone help? running windows 11 home. I can not find where i have installed anything that would cause this, programs do not reflect something that would indicate a different location. On the location map it

:)

Dave80534, Mar 4, 2024
  2. TCanuck42 Win User

Building A Computer. Experts Help Please.

THanks for your suggestions. Just exactly how do you actually overclock the cpu. what steps are required?

TCanuck42, Mar 4, 2024
  3. TCanuck42 Win User
    Building A Computer. Experts Help Please.

THanks for your suggestions. Just exactly how do you actually overclock the cpu. what steps are required?

TCanuck42, Mar 4, 2024
  4. erocker Win User

Is there a good guide out there on actually assembling the new rig?

List your system specs (All of the parts you're using), putting a computer together isn't very difficult. I can give you some steps on doing it no problem.

erocker, Mar 4, 2024
Thema:

1. why does my computer thinks it is in Chicago but actually in Florida - Similar Threads - why does computer

2. Why does my computer think it’s in another location?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my computer think it’s in another location?: Randomly, my pc has shown in apps like maps that it is in a completely different part of the world which changes my time zone. I literally have no idea how to fix this or why it happened! I set my default location to my home, but that didn’t change it....
  3. Why does my computer think it’s in another location?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why does my computer think it’s in another location?: Randomly, my pc has shown in apps like maps that it is in a completely different part of the world which changes my time zone. I literally have no idea how to fix this or why it happened! I set my default location to my home, but that didn’t change it....
  4. Why does my computer think it’s in another location?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. why does my computer thinks it is in Chicago but actually in Florida

why does my computer thinks it is in Chicago but actually in Florida: my computer is in florida but the location shows chicago, I have never been to chicago with the computer. my map default location is set to my florida home. i have cleared location history countless times. I have researched and spent wasted hours, there is a popup weather...
  6. Why does my computer think my printer is ON, when it is really OFF?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why does my computer think my printer is ON, when it is really OFF?: I am using a Lenovo Laptop running on Windows 10 that is connected to two printers, a Brother printer and an HP printer. The print dialog box indicates the correct status of the Brother printer whether it is "Ready" or "Offline". However, the HP printer is always shown as...
  7. Why does my computer not recognize the country that I am actually in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my computer not recognize the country that I am actually in?: My computer believes me to be in Denmark where I am actually in the Dominican Republic. I have had issues with the ads that appear on Youtube being in Danish for no apparent reason and even the weather report that I get from my Windows computer is incorrect as they are giving...
  8. Why does my computer not recognize the country that I am actually in?

Why does my computer not recognize the country that I am actually in?: My computer believes me to be in Denmark where I am actually in the Dominican Republic. I have had issues with the ads that appear on Youtube being in Danish for no apparent reason and even the weather report that I get from my Windows computer is incorrect as they are giving...
  9. Why does my computer think I am in another state?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does my computer think I am in another state?: We moved from California to Florida about 18 months ago. No matter what I do, my Dell 2in1 still thinks I am in California. Can anyone help me figure out why?...
  10. Why does my computer/internet think I am in Canada?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does my computer/internet think I am in Canada?: Whenever I search either from Google or Bing or Explorer from my Surface, I get results as if I am located in Canada. I have already check my regional settings & language & they are correct. Thanks! * Moved from IE8/other...