Windows 10: Why does my computer wake up from sleep mode by itself? Is it hunted?

Discus and support Why does my computer wake up from sleep mode by itself? Is it hunted? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have no idea why it does this. submitted by /u/vkauhanen0 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/vkauhanen0, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Why does my computer wake up from sleep mode by itself? Is it hunted?

/u/vkauhanen0, Nov 9, 2019
  2. Nick89 Win User

No internet when computer wakes from sleep mode

No Internet when computer wakes from sleep mode or from cold start until I disable the Local area connection and then enable it.

When I run the diagnostic after it fixes the connection it says this: Local Area connection doesn't have a valid IP configuration - Fixed

But its not fixed. Every time I wake my computer up from sleep mode after its been in sleep mode for a few hours I have to disable and then enable the Local area connection.

When the computer wakes up it has a yellow triangle warning of limited or no internet access. So I have to do the above every time I wake it up.

Things I've done so far: Update drivers, No fix.

Nick89, Nov 9, 2019
  3. Waking from sleep mode

Hi Kenneth,

For us to narrow down your concern with waking up your computer from sleep mode, we would like to know the following:

• Aside from Windows Update. were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Is this the first time you experienced the issue?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Send us a screenshot of your screen when you wake up your computer from sleep mode.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Nov 9, 2019
  4. Why does my computer wake up from sleep mode by itself? Is it hunted?

Windows 10 Upgrade 1903 64 bit Sleep Wakes Up on Multiple Computers

Someone suggested I look at all the drivers list before and after the upgrade. I did, nothing found/changed in drivers.

What I did discover was that after the KB4503327 upgrade, if I put the computer to sleep mode (via power menu,) I discovered the computer wakes up after the minutes set in the "turn off screen".
    So, if the screen shutoff were five minutes and I put the computer to sleep, it would wake up after that amount of time, then turn the screens off after another time period of five minutes.

At this point, I have set the screen turn-off to "never" and any other sleep mode to "never".
    Then, when I put the computer to sleep, it stays asleep.

This issue was never seen until this OS upgrade was installed in the system.

My next step is to upgrade the video adapter (something from 2007) to a new and different model adapter to see if that corrects this issue, or not. For now, my work-around is to set "never" in "sleep mode".

catholicfocus, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

Why does my computer wake up from sleep mode by itself? Is it hunted?

1. Why does my computer wake up from sleep mode by itself? Is it hunted? - Similar Threads - Why does computer

2. My computer wakes itself up from sleep mode immediately on its own. This is an...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer wakes itself up from sleep mode immediately on its own. This is an...: My computer wakes itself up from sleep mode immediately on its own. This is an intermittent issue I have noticed.Sometimes I put PC to sleep, my computer wakes up by itself immediately, after that happens usually I can put it back to sleep and it will stay asleep but...
  3. My computer wakes itself up from sleep mode immediately on its own. This is an...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer wakes itself up from sleep mode immediately on its own. This is an...: My computer wakes itself up from sleep mode immediately on its own. This is an intermittent issue I have noticed.Sometimes I put PC to sleep, my computer wakes up by itself immediately, after that happens usually I can put it back to sleep and it will stay asleep but...
  4. My computer intermittently wakes itself up from sleep mode on its own. This is an...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer intermittently wakes itself up from sleep mode on its own. This is an...: My computer intermittently wakes itself up from sleep mode on its own. This is an intermittent issue I have noticed.Sometimes I put PC to sleep, my computer wakes up by itself, after that happens usually I can put it back to sleep and it will stay asleep but sometimes I have...
  5. My computer intermittently wakes itself up from sleep mode on its own. This is an...

My computer intermittently wakes itself up from sleep mode on its own. This is an...: My computer intermittently wakes itself up from sleep mode on its own. This is an intermittent issue I have noticed.Sometimes I put PC to sleep, my computer wakes up by itself, after that happens usually I can put it back to sleep and it will stay asleep but sometimes I have...
  6. My computer doesn't wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer doesn't wake up from sleep mode: This has been going on for a few days where I'll use the start menu to put my computer into sleep mode, but I then can't wake it up. I press the power button to wake it up, nothing happens. I try to use my mouse and keyboard, they don't respond despite having them set to be...
  7. My computer doesn't wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer doesn't wake up from sleep mode: This has been going on for a few days where I'll use the start menu to put my computer into sleep mode, but I then can't wake it up. I press the power button to wake it up, nothing happens. I try to use my mouse and keyboard, they don't respond despite having them set to be...
  8. My computer doesn't wake up from sleep mode

9. My computer is not waking up from sleep mode,

My computer is not waking up from sleep mode,: Hi, My computer is not waking up from sleep mode, I end up having to hold down the power button for a few seconds forcing a restart. anyone know a fix for this?...
  10. Why is my computer waking up from sleep mode?

Why is my computer waking up from sleep mode?: When I finish working on my computer and after a certain period of time, it goes to sleep. However, in hibernation it starts cyclically for approximately 10 minutes. Turn on the fan, the screen, ... and the windows login window....