Windows 10: Why does my controller keep switching players?

Discus and support Why does my controller keep switching players? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have an Afterglow Xbox 360 wired controller on Windows 10. Every once in a while, it decides to switch to player 4. I've tried unplugging, removing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ZePyroFilms, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Why does my controller keep switching players?

I have an Afterglow Xbox 360 wired controller on Windows 10. Every once in a while, it decides to switch to player 4. I've tried unplugging, removing it through Device Manager and nothing works except for a reboot. Is there any way to switch it without rebooting, and is there a way to stop it from switching again?

:)

ZePyroFilms, Oct 12, 2018

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Oct 12, 2018
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    windows media player

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

What is the exact error message you get when you to try play files on Windows Media Player?

I suggest you to run both Windows Media Player Library and Settings troubleshooter and check.

Step 1: If your computer is having problems playing video or audio files in Windows Media Player, try using the Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter to fix the problem. The troubleshooter checks the configuration and network settings
    for Windows Media Player to make sure that you can play content you've downloaded and saved to your computer, or content streaming over a network or the Internet.

Steps to run Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter are as follows:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all, and then click Windows Media Player Settings
      and follow the instructions.

Step 2: If your computer is having problems accessing your collection of digital media files in the Windows Media Player Library, try using the Windows Media Player Library troubleshooter to fix the problem. The troubleshooter makes sure
    Windows Media Player is correctly installed on your computer, and checks to see whether your Player Library is corrupted.

Steps to run Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter are as follows:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all, and then click Windows Media Player Library
      and follow the instructions.

Please reply us on the status of the issue to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Oct 12, 2018
  4. csatennis Win User

Why does my controller keep switching players?

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

Why does my controller keep switching players?

1. Why does my controller keep switching players? - Similar Threads - Why does controller

2. Why does my wired network keep switching from Private to Public?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my wired network keep switching from Private to Public?: i've tried MULTIPLE times to switch connection in settings and it reverts back to public as soon as i change screens - this is an ongoing issue that MS has known about for a while now - several complaints in forums about it - how can we set this to permenately recognise home...
  3. Why does my wired network keep switching from Private to Public?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does my wired network keep switching from Private to Public?: i've tried MULTIPLE times to switch connection in settings and it reverts back to public as soon as i change screens - this is an ongoing issue that MS has known about for a while now - several complaints in forums about it - how can we set this to permenately recognise home...
  4. Why does the symbols on my keyboard keep switching places

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does the symbols on my keyboard keep switching places: I'm on a hp gaming laptop with windows 10 and the symbol keys or any key that has a symbol option keeps switching places with other symbols at random times, which requires me to restart my laptop, It's getting annoying and I can't find anything online about it, I would...
  5. Why does the symbols on my keyboard keep switching places

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does the symbols on my keyboard keep switching places: I'm on a hp gaming laptop with windows 10 and the symbol keys or any key that has a symbol option keeps switching places with other symbols at random times, which requires me to restart my laptop, It's getting annoying and I can't find anything online about it, I would...
  6. Why does the symbols on my keyboard keep switching places

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Why does my Time Zone keep switching back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my Time Zone keep switching back?: I used to be Central Time, now I am Mountain Time. I changed everything in my PC under Locations and everywhere I could think of, but today when the Time Sprung ahead my PC automically went back to Central Time and so to solve this, I changed my Time manually, then click...
  8. Why does my Time Zone keep switching back?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my Time Zone keep switching back?: I used to be Central Time, now I am Mountain Time. I changed everything in my PC under Locations and everywhere I could think of, but today when the Time Sprung ahead my PC automically went back to Central Time and so to solve this, I changed my Time manually, then click...
  9. Why does my Time Zone keep switching back?

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Why does Win 10 keep switching my monitors?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why does Win 10 keep switching my monitors?: I have a Dell Latitude from work. Before it was an 5560. I have two HD monitors plugged into the docking station. I have a docking station at both home and work. For a while, it would switch my monitors at both locations and always display the main screen in the right-hand...