Windows 10: Why does my correct password for Windows not work

Discus and support Why does my correct password for Windows not work in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I changed the way I got on from Microsoft account to a local account and everything is screwed up. When trying to change it back to a Microsoft account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Dustin Muse, Apr 12, 2024.

1. Why does my correct password for Windows not work

I changed the way I got on from Microsoft account to a local account and everything is screwed up. When trying to change it back to a Microsoft account I'm asked for the email address used and then at the very end it asks for the password to log into Windows and it tells me I'm using the wrong password. It is not the wrong password and even when I use turn on the computer I'm asked for that password and it works fine. What is the problem?

:)

Dustin Muse, Apr 12, 2024
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Apr 12, 2024
  3. Correct password is ‘incorrect’

Hello Amy,

In line with your concern, I would suggest to try using all the passwords you've used in the past and check if it lets you proceed starting in Safe Mode. Also, to better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    1. Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    2. Click OK.
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • What is the error message that you're getting when you've experienced the blue screen error?

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Apr 12, 2024
  4. Why does my correct password for Windows not work

Password

thanks - I followed your directions and password problem seems to have been corrected.

JohnWrightJr, Apr 12, 2024
Thema:

Why does my correct password for Windows not work

1. Why does my correct password for Windows not work - Similar Threads - Why does correct

2. Why does my correct password for Windows not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my correct password for Windows not work: I changed the way I got on from Microsoft account to a local account and everything is screwed up. When trying to change it back to a Microsoft account I'm asked for the email address used and then at the very end it asks for the password to log into Windows and it tells me...
  3. Startup Repair. Confirmed correct Microsoft password not working. Why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup Repair. Confirmed correct Microsoft password not working. Why?: Actually i do know why. You probably got forced into using a PIN, and haven't logged into the computer with the password.If force Windows Hello PIN is activated and 202H probably hepfully activated that option for you, then you can't log in with a password anymore. This means...
  4. Startup Repair. Confirmed correct Microsoft password not working. Why?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Startup Repair. Confirmed correct Microsoft password not working. Why?: Actually i do know why. You probably got forced into using a PIN, and haven't logged into the computer with the password.If force Windows Hello PIN is activated and 202H probably hepfully activated that option for you, then you can't log in with a password anymore. This means...
  5. Startup Repair. Confirmed correct Microsoft password not working. Why?

6. Why is startup repair refusing my correct password?

Why is startup repair refusing my correct password?: So I've been getting BSODs for 10 hours now. My next step is to try using recovery/repair tools like startup repair.It asks for the password to my microsoft account, but doesn't accept it. I've reset it twice now, and tried using the new password, but it doesn't accept it.The...
  7. Why is startup repair refusing my correct password?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why is startup repair refusing my correct password?: So I've been getting BSODs for 10 hours now. My next step is to try using recovery/repair tools like startup repair.It asks for the password to my microsoft account, but doesn't accept it. I've reset it twice now, and tried using the new password, but it doesn't accept it.The...
  8. Why is startup repair refusing my correct password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Correct password won’t work

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Correct password won’t work: I was tryng to update my graphics drive on AMDs website and around 98% download stoped and said there were some broken files so i downloaded AMDs sugested file finder and it found the problem said my pc is in a bad state and asked to do a reset i then come to realize after...
  10. Why does Send to -> Mail receipent not work correctly?

in Browsers and Email
    Why does Send to -> Mail receipent not work correctly?: Hmm... I am using Thunderbird as my Default Mail Client and have Outlook 2016 resident but not configured. When I do this - by right clicking on a Desktop Shortcut (URL) - [img] I get this - [img] Seems that Send to needs to point to Thunderbird, but it isn't. Any...