Windows 10: why does my ctrl and w not work together.

Discus and support why does my ctrl and w not work together. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My ctrl works, my W works but for some reason they do not work together but it is also only in games and its all games. its not my keyboard because I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TusharShah3, Aug 24, 2021.

1. why does my ctrl and w not work together.

My ctrl works, my W works but for some reason they do not work together but it is also only in games and its all games. its not my keyboard because I have tried multiple different keyboards and i have checked in game settings and all my pcs settings but I cant find the problem.

:)

TusharShah3, Aug 24, 2021
  2. Luke Win User

Ctrl + W works as if Ctrl + V... but only once

I'm having a strange issue with Ctrl + W on Windows 10.

When I press Ctrl + W, it pastes my clipboard... the first time. But if I continue to hold Ctrl, and press W again, it prints "w".

It's as if Windows "forgets" that Ctrl is being held - if I press any key, it acts as its normal key, without a Ctrl modifier.

Here's an example:

I open NotePad. My clipboard contains "Hello".

• I press W

• I hold Ctrl
    • I press W

• I press W

• I press A

• I release Ctrl

The behaviour is the same on all programs I've tested.

I've previously edited the registry keymap, but since reverted it. Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layout contains only (Default)

I'm trying to map Ctrl + W to close tabs in Android Studio, so any help would be appreciated.

3. Luke Win User
    Ctrl + W works as if Ctrl + V... but only once

Turns out TenClips Clipboard Manager overrides Ctrl + W by default

I got my Ctrl + W back by:

• Opening TenClips settings
    • Removing the shortcut for "Paste purified text", which was set to Ctrl + W by default

Apparently these settings will be reset on reboot unless you pay for TenClips... so I am now using CopyQ

4. why does my ctrl and w not work together.

Ctrl W

I need to disable Ctrl W as a function that closes my web pages, I need it for work. How do I disable?

Dixiechick13, Aug 24, 2021
Thema:

why does my ctrl and w not work together.

1. why does my ctrl and w not work together. - Similar Threads - why does ctrl

2. Why does my ctrl-v not work?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my ctrl-v not work?: I've tried to find a solution online it but none of them have worked. I tried restarting, enabling ctrl key shortcuts, and updating drivers. I have had this problems for several months and it has not been resolved. Some other information that could be important is that when I...
  3. Why does my ctrl-v not work?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my ctrl-v not work?: I've tried to find a solution online it but none of them have worked. I tried restarting, enabling ctrl key shortcuts, and updating drivers. I have had this problems for several months and it has not been resolved. Some other information that could be important is that when I...
  4. ctrl + Space not working while pressed together

ctrl + Space not working while pressed together: So i recently found out, that if i press the space bar and ctrl key together my space bar doest give any input. It doesn't matter if i am using word or a web browser it still is there. A windows update did not help and suggested keyboard driver updates are not possible...
  5. ctrl + Space not working while pressed together

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ctrl + Space not working while pressed together: So i recently found out, that if i press the space bar and ctrl key together my space bar doest give any input. It doesn't matter if i am using word or a web browser it still is there. A windows update did not help and suggested keyboard driver updates are not possible...
  6. Ctrl + W doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl + W doesn't work: I've had an issue for a while where using ctrl+w won't close a tab.My problem began with that being the shortcut to the GameBar for some reason, and I couldn't change it, but I fixed it and now it does nothing.This goes for Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, and any other...
  7. Ctrl + W doesn't work

Ctrl + W doesn't work: I've had an issue for a while where using ctrl+w won't close a tab.My problem began with that being the shortcut to the GameBar for some reason, and I couldn't change it, but I fixed it and now it does nothing.This goes for Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, and any other...
  8. Ctrl W not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl W not working: I recently updated my computer to Windows 11, and I was having an issue with the GameBar, where whenever I used the shortcut ctrl w, the GameBar popped up. I found a way to disable this by removing the GameBar, but now my ctrl w shortcut won't work. Any help would be much...
  9. Ctrl W not working

Ctrl W not working: I recently updated my computer to Windows 11, and I was having an issue with the GameBar, where whenever I used the shortcut ctrl w, the GameBar popped up. I found a way to disable this by removing the GameBar, but now my ctrl w shortcut won't work. Any help would be much...
  10. ctrl+w wont work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ctrl+w wont work: I cant use ctrl then W when trying to close a tab or when gaming. It doesn't happen with any other two keys. I've tried this on two different keyboards on the same pc so that's why I think its a Windows problem....