Windows 10: Why does my cursor change appearrance?

Discus and support Why does my cursor change appearrance? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I tried getting a screen capture but it doesn't capture the cursor. In Word everywhere and Chrome when putting the cursor over text, the cursor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by swa528, Nov 4, 2020.

1. swa528 Win User

Why does my cursor change appearrance?

I tried getting a screen capture but it doesn't capture the cursor.

In Word everywhere and Chrome when putting the cursor over text, the cursor changes to a smaller arrow over a tiny scroll up and down bar. And over links in chrome it turns into a hand pointing over a black black that has text I can't read.

Is it a Windows setting? Virus?

I tried Windows settings to no avail.

It's really annoying and anti-productive.

Any ideas? Thanks,

Scott

:)

swa528, Nov 4, 2020

2. CANT CHANGE MOUSE CURSOR

Hi Stan,

We suggest that you try the steps provided by Syed Abdul Jabbar on this
    link
    on how to change the mouse cursor in Windows 10.

Let us know how it goes.

Nathaniel Mon, Nov 4, 2020
  3. deeneecy Win User
    cursor dissappeared

Thank you both for your prompt replies, I tried all steps listed, some I had tries previously but I still tried them again, but still no cursor.

Do you have any other suggestions?

deeneecy, Nov 4, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Nov 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Why does my cursor change appearrance? - Similar Threads - Why does cursor

2. Why does my cursor keep freezing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my cursor keep freezing?: I want to know why my computer cursor keeps freezing and lagging. For context my computer works perfectly when writing on word but I just can’t move my cursor but can type perfectly . I have updated my mouse drivers multiple times but if doesn’t seem to work can someone...
  3. Why does my cursor keep freezing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my cursor keep freezing?: I want to know why my computer cursor keeps freezing and lagging. For context my computer works perfectly when writing on word but I just can’t move my cursor but can type perfectly . I have updated my mouse drivers multiple times but if doesn’t seem to work can someone...
  4. Why does my cursor jump all over my message?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my cursor jump all over my message?: The cursor doesn’t stay ahead of the letters. The cursor moves ahead of the type as it should. Then it suddenly jumps to a previous sentence or word and my message gets messed up. Why does this happen? Dell laptop, Windows 10 and 11....
  5. Why does my cursor jump all over my message?

Why does my cursor jump all over my message?: The cursor doesn’t stay ahead of the letters. The cursor moves ahead of the type as it should. Then it suddenly jumps to a previous sentence or word and my message gets messed up. Why does this happen? Dell laptop, Windows 10 and 11....
  6. Why does the cursor not disappear when typing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does the cursor not disappear when typing: It drives me crazy that 1 I have to click on a text field to start typing in it and 2 that the mouse cursor doesn't disappear while I'm typing. So I have to first click the text field and then I have to remember to move the mouse away from the text field before I start...
  7. Why are the cursor icons changed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are the cursor icons changed?: These cursors came with the Windows installation i have. Does anybody know why that any time i uninstall an application some of the cursor icons changed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-the-cursor-icons-changed/588b11a3-1edc-46db-a3a0-e135520303a1
  8. Why are the cursor icons changed?

Why are the cursor icons changed?: These cursors came with the Windows installation i have. Does anybody know why that any time i uninstall an application some of the cursor icons changed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-the-cursor-icons-changed/588b11a3-1edc-46db-a3a0-e135520303a1
  9. does anyone know why changing cursor speed is laggy on my laptop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    does anyone know why changing cursor speed is laggy on my laptop?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Flor0_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/xii05h/does_anyone_know_why_changing_cursor_speed_is/
  10. Why does my wallpaper change?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does my wallpaper change?: This is by no means a critical issue. It's a scratch my head type issue. My wife and I recently replaced our fleet of computers with newer equipment. I got a tower, she got a laptop call it laptop A She had been working on an old laptop call it laptop B. I configured my...