Windows 10: Why Does my Default App Revert Back to MS Default?

Discus and support Why Does my Default App Revert Back to MS Default? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I changed my .pdf default to PDFComplete, and it reverts back to IE often. My guess is it happens every time MS does an update to my Win10 Pro (v 1803... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ALN, Apr 22, 2019.

1. ALN
    ALN Win User

Why Does my Default App Revert Back to MS Default?

I changed my .pdf default to PDFComplete, and it reverts back to IE often. My guess is it happens every time MS does an update to my Win10 Pro (v 1803 Build 17134.706). Any thoughts on how to prevent this in the future?

Running on HP Compaq Pro 6300 SFF

:)

2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Why Does my Default App Revert Back to MS Default? :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Apr 22, 2019
  3. Lateralus Win User
    atiTool reverting back to default

I'm useing a Sapphire Radeon 9200 Atlantis 256mg. Its defaults are Core:249 Memory:189 I'm trying to overclock it to 290 and 210 but every time I start up any game it reverts back to 249 and 189 any ideas?

Lateralus, Apr 22, 2019
  4. Lateralus Win User

atiTool reverting back to default

atitool keeps reverting back to its default settings Im sertin I installed the soft mod but it still won't stay over clocked after starting up counter-strike. How do i check to see if I have the soft mod installed and any other help would be great. Thanks

Lateralus, Apr 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Why Does my Default App Revert Back to MS Default? - Similar Threads - Why Does Default

2. Why does my lock screen image keep reverting back to default?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my lock screen image keep reverting back to default?: So, I've been wrestling with this for days now. I've tried every solution I could find, but nothing seems to work. All I want to do is force a specific lock screen image. -I've set it in personalization, and my chosen image is shown.-I've set it in the registry.-I've made...
  3. Why does my lock screen image keep reverting back to default?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my lock screen image keep reverting back to default?: So, I've been wrestling with this for days now. I've tried every solution I could find, but nothing seems to work. All I want to do is force a specific lock screen image. -I've set it in personalization, and my chosen image is shown.-I've set it in the registry.-I've made...
  4. Why does my lock screen image keep reverting back to default?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 11 Theme reverts back to default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Theme reverts back to default: Hello!I'm having a problem with Windows 11 themes. It happens very frequently.The problem is that when I switch to my second virtual desktop, theme changes back to default on its own. Why is this happening?Thanks....
  6. Windows 11 Theme reverts back to default

Windows 11 Theme reverts back to default: Hello!I'm having a problem with Windows 11 themes. It happens very frequently.The problem is that when I switch to my second virtual desktop, theme changes back to default on its own. Why is this happening?Thanks....
  7. Folder icon reverting back to default!?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Folder icon reverting back to default!?: Hello, I have been trying to change my folder icons on my desktop to clear up some space. This is happening for the 3 folders so i will keep it to talking just about the Games folder. files are being acquired from Microsoft store app 'icon8' maybe that's the company...
  8. Reverting Back To Factory Default

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Reverting Back To Factory Default: Do to a bad install to windows10 version 1803, I had to revert back to the factory default - windows version 1607. How do I go about updating windows to bring it up to date. Should I allow the version 1803 to install again? 110328
  9. Windows keeps reverting my default apps to Windows default

Windows keeps reverting my default apps to Windows default: Hi! After latest update, Windows keeps reverting my apps to default. For example, my default music app/program is Winamp, and after a while I'll just find that it is Groove music again. It is not a huge problem, but you see how it can be irritating. Also, Windows 10 won't...
  10. Default app for htm keeps reverting to MS Edge

Default app for htm keeps reverting to MS Edge: This has been getting annoying. It's been happening several times a day, not just after an update. Anybody else seeing this? Unfortunately you can't uninstall Edge ... *Rolleyes 77001

Users found this page by searching for:

1. default apps keep reverting back