Windows 10: Why does my Default for email change from Outlook to WIndows Mail every time I get a...

Discus and support Why does my Default for email change from Outlook to WIndows Mail every time I get a... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The question title pretty much says it all. And it is not just me. Happens to many people. And always the ONLY Default that changes. Is there no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CassyGriffin, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Why does my Default for email change from Outlook to WIndows Mail every time I get a...

The question title pretty much says it all. And it is not just me. Happens to many people. And always the ONLY Default that changes.

Is there no way to permanently LOCK my preferred DEFAULTS and stop changes unless "I" make them?

:)

CassyGriffin, Aug 19, 2018
  2. Jayzilla Win User

Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Aug 19, 2018
  3. qubit Win User
    How to install outlook express on windows xp with explorer 8?

This is an awkward problem to solve and one I don't think is worth the time and effort.

The OP would be better off either using a modern webmail service like gmail or outlook.com or using a modern email client like Windows Live Mail like FX-GMC suggested or Thunderbird from Mozilla. If nothing else, Outlook Distress was notorious for corrupting its data files and losing all your email in one easy step. Not worth it.

qubit, Aug 19, 2018
  4. 95Viper Win User

Why does my Default for email change from Outlook to WIndows Mail every time I get a...

Default Mail Client

Scenario 1

Possibly, whatever he/she used to access their email, that client asked if they wanted to make it default and you are not setup in that to send or receive email.

Look through your email client settings and make your default or, if, you are using Windows.
    See here:
    Change the default e‑mail program
    and
    How To Change Default Email Client

Or, you can try to re-install the email client/app.

Scenario 2

You are saying you had to Dban your desktop; I will assume you wiped your drive and re-installed the O/S and apps. If this is the case you will need to setup your email, again... make sure you have used the proper settings for your email provider (incoming and out going server addresses, ports, pop3, SMTP, SSL and security settings, passwords, log-ins, etc.).
    If you overlook one little item, you may receive (or not) mail, but the server may reject your sent mail.

Goto the providers site and look instructions on setting up different email apps.

It would have helped, if, you would have stated what O/S, email client, and provider you are asking about.

95Viper, Aug 19, 2018
Thema:

Why does my Default for email change from Outlook to WIndows Mail every time I get a...

1. Why does my Default for email change from Outlook to WIndows Mail every time I get a... - Similar Threads - Why does Default

2. Windows Mail not receiving emails but Outlook does

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mail not receiving emails but Outlook does: Hi,My windows mail receives email from an outlook account fine but it does not receive anything from my school email everything is fine on the web version and outlook softwareIt's probably not a firewall problem, too, I tried everything according to the internet....
  3. Why does Microsoft Outlook not "have permission to get email", ... ?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Why does Microsoft Outlook not "have permission to get email", ... ?: I screenshot Power Users - Why does Microsoft Outlook not "have permission.... 182204
  4. Why does Microsoft Outlook not "have permission to get email", ... ?

Why does Microsoft Outlook not "have permission to get email", ... ?: I screenshot Power Users - Why does Microsoft Outlook not "have permission.... 182204
  5. Why does Microsoft Outlook not "have permission to get email", ... ?

in Browsers and Email
    Why does Microsoft Outlook not "have permission to get email", ... ?: I screenshot Power Users - Why does Microsoft Outlook not "have permission.... 182172
  6. change default email from outlook to gmail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    change default email from outlook to gmail: I want gmail to be my mailto client. I want to remove outlook as the default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-default-email-from-outlook-to-gmail/7617cc69-5cd8-43c9-a921-1b44b4e22cc3
  7. why does my video resolution changes to default every time I reboot?

in Windows 10 Customization
    why does my video resolution changes to default every time I reboot?: why does my video resolution changes to default every time I reboot? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-video-resolution-changes-to-default/ce91b8ab-b7b8-4059-91b7-8b99960e9fd2
  8. Why can't I choose Outlook as a default mail program

Why can't I choose Outlook as a default mail program: when I click on an email address link, it takes me to the default mail program. I've tried to change the default mail program, but the only choices are "Mail" and "Chrome" how do we get outlook back??...
  9. transfer emails to mail from outlook.

transfer emails to mail from outlook.: i have a new pc. i opened the mail app. it asked me to pick an account. i picked my account (same email, name, etc). but it does not have any of my emails. can someone please explain how i get my emails off my old pc and onto the new one. i think the old office i had was...
  10. Make 'Mail' app default for sending emails and not Outlook

in Browsers and Email
    Make 'Mail' app default for sending emails and not Outlook: I have both the windows 10 mail app and office outlook installed but when emailing a document from within windows file explorer it always tries to send it using Outlook. Is there a way to get it to default to send using the Mail app instead? I have tried setting the...