Windows 10: Why does my desktop computer come back on after I put it to sleep?

Discus and support Why does my desktop computer come back on after I put it to sleep? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Why does my desktop computer come back on after I put it to sleep?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Janetjrgallagher, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Why does my desktop computer come back on after I put it to sleep?

Why does my desktop computer come back on after I put it to sleep?

:)

Janetjrgallagher, Oct 29, 2019

2. Computer won't come out of sleep

Hi,

There are different factors that can contribute as to why after the Windows 10 creators update was installed on your computer it no longer comes out of sleep mode automatically anymore. One possible reason for this is the power settings need to be reconfigured.
    Since you already attempted the suggested steps by Andre Da Costa, we would like to confirm if you already checked the suggested link by Ugo Lopez in the previous post? If you have already completed the steps, kindly advice us what were the results and if
    there were any error messages that showed up?

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Oct 29, 2019
  3. open the desktop from sleep mode

Hi Abhishek,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft community.

To understand the issue better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• How are trying to start the computer from the sleep mode?
    • Since from when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    • Are you able to shut down or restart the machine?
    • What happens when you try to come out of Sleep mode?
    I would suggest you to force shutdown the computer and start the computer and check what happens.

If you are able to login to normal mode then follow the below steps to restore the power setting/plan to default.

• Press Windows + X keys, and select the option
      Control Panel.
    • Click on the Power Options icon.
    • Click on Change plan settings.
    • Select the option “Restore default settings for this plan”.
    Please post us back with more information and if the issues resolves to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 29, 2019
  4. Argel Obm Win User

Computer sleeping

Hi,

For us to better understand your concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• When did the issue start?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer before encountering the issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you've done so far?
    • Is you computer going to sleep while you're using it?
    • How many minutes does it take before your computer goes to sleep?
    Hope to hear from you soon.

Argel Obm, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Why does my desktop computer come back on after I put it to sleep? - Similar Threads - Why does desktop

2. Why does my computer shut down when I put it to sleep?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why does my computer shut down when I put it to sleep?: It wasn't like that, until my mouse and keyboard just suddenly stopped working. I had to manually hold the power button to forcefully shut it down, but after that, no matter what I do to put it to sleep as I always do closing the lid, putting it to sleep through the power...
  3. Why does my computer shut down when I put it to sleep?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my computer shut down when I put it to sleep?: It wasn't like that, until my mouse and keyboard just suddenly stopped working. I had to manually hold the power button to forcefully shut it down, but after that, no matter what I do to put it to sleep as I always do closing the lid, putting it to sleep through the power...
  4. Why does my computer shut down when I put it to sleep?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why does my desktop not go to sleep?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my desktop not go to sleep?: Under “Power and sleep,” my desktop is set to go to sleep after 15 minutes. Under “additional power settings” it is set for “high performance.”However, the desktop does not go to sleep after 15 minutes. Why? What can I do to accomplish this simple task?...
  6. Why does my desktop not go to sleep?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my desktop not go to sleep?: Under “Power and sleep,” my desktop is set to go to sleep after 15 minutes. Under “additional power settings” it is set for “high performance.”However, the desktop does not go to sleep after 15 minutes. Why? What can I do to accomplish this simple task?...
  7. Laptop does not come back after going in to Sleep Mode

Laptop does not come back after going in to Sleep Mode: Hello allMy new HP Pavilion laptop switched off automatically in sleep mode.With the help of HP and Microsoft team carried out system restore, system reset and also tried system reboot using external USB drive. No joy till date.I have tried lot of troubleshooting options and...
  8. Screen not coming back on after sleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen not coming back on after sleep: Since the latest update, the screen on my notebook will not come on after waking up from sleep. I can close my lid then re-open it later and it powers on, the keyboard lights up, I hear sounds, but no screen. I have to force shutdown (hold power button) and completely re-boot...
  9. Computer comes right back on after putting into sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer comes right back on after putting into sleep mode.: When I put my computer into sleep mode, it will shut down and a few seconds later will click on and wake back up without me initiating anything. It will stay running for a bit, go off into sleep mode, then a few seconds later will click and come back awake. I’m not sure if...
  10. when i put pc to sleep it comes on later, why?

when i put pc to sleep it comes on later, why?: When I put PC to sleep it comes back on. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-put-pc-to-sleep-it-comes-on-later-why/6fddc437-49dd-428c-ab80-52d6fb350b2f

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why does my computer come back on after put to sleep