Windows 10: Why does my desktop show this icon instead of my picture. And how do I fix it

Discus and support Why does my desktop show this icon instead of my picture. And how do I fix it in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/VTG-Sernage [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/VTG-Sernage, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Why does my desktop show this icon instead of my picture. And how do I fix it

/u/VTG-Sernage, Jun 9, 2020

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Jun 9, 2020
  3. Icon showing up instead of pictures or picture sizes

Still having trouble across any of the browser with not showing pictures and icons showing up instead. This has happened since upgrading to Microsoft 10. I first noticed it when trying to crop pictures while using Shutterfly. Because the picture icon
    shows up instead of the picture I cannot crop it. But I have also noticed it showing up in other applications. Picture icon instead of the picture.

Would love to get this resolved.

Thanks,

momschreck, Jun 9, 2020
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Why does my desktop show this icon instead of my picture. And how do I fix it

Photo Icons in the Picture Folders

Hi,

Misconfigured view settings is on of the usual reasons why it is not displaying the actual photo. We suggest checking the settings of your folder to make sure it show the icons, instead of the thumbnail. Kindly follow the steps below to check it:

• Open Picture folder.
    • Choose View tab at the top, then click the (Square icon) Options as shown on the picture below:
      Why does my desktop show this icon instead of my picture. And how do I fix it acdc00f8-fb41-47d4-960e-166f8c7715e3.png
    • Click View tab, put a check mark on the box beside the
      Always show icons, never thumbnails. See picture below:

Why does my desktop show this icon instead of my picture. And how do I fix it 25255605-64c1-4d21-92f9-f2dcf1a0791d.png
    • Close the folder, and check if you will be able to see the display picture for each icon.

Kindly update us with the outcome.

Mayra Aqu, Jun 9, 2020
Thema:

Why does my desktop show this icon instead of my picture. And how do I fix it

1. Why does my desktop show this icon instead of my picture. And how do I fix it - Similar Threads - Why does desktop

2. How do i get my pictures to display instead of the photo icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i get my pictures to display instead of the photo icon: I am having trouble seeing my pictures on my computer. all i see is the photo icon. not the picture itself, I don't know when this started but it has been plaguing me for quite a while. Can anyone help me as i am getting frustrated in fixing this problem. I want to see my...
  3. How do i get my pictures to display instead of the photo icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i get my pictures to display instead of the photo icon: I am having trouble seeing my pictures on my computer. all i see is the photo icon. not the picture itself, I don't know when this started but it has been plaguing me for quite a while. Can anyone help me as i am getting frustrated in fixing this problem. I want to see my...
  4. how do I get my pictures to show up instead of icons?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I get my pictures to show up instead of icons?: My pictures are showing up as blue icons, how do I get them to show as pictures? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-pictures-to-show-up-instead-of/07966bbf-0630-401b-8c71-f9ebf087913f
  5. how do I get my pictures to show up instead of icons?

how do I get my pictures to show up instead of icons?: My pictures are showing up as blue icons, how do I get them to show as pictures? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-pictures-to-show-up-instead-of/07966bbf-0630-401b-8c71-f9ebf087913f
  6. why do my photos show up as videos instead of pictures on my new hp

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why do my photos show up as videos instead of pictures on my new hp: I have copies photos from my disk on my new HP X360 but they are showing up as videos ...how do I convert them back to photos... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-my-photos-show-up-as-videos-instead-of/e6f46dc7-5261-4eaa-81d5-4805fe9bbacf
  7. why do my photos show up as videos instead of pictures on my new hp

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why do my photos show up as videos instead of pictures on my new hp: I have copies photos from my disk on my new HP X360 but they are showing up as videos ...how do I convert them back to photos... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-my-photos-show-up-as-videos-instead-of/e6f46dc7-5261-4eaa-81d5-4805fe9bbacf
  8. why do my photos show up as videos instead of pictures on my new hp

9. Generic icons showing instead of pictures

in Windows 10 Customization
    Generic icons showing instead of pictures: I am a Windows 10 user. Some of the icons are not showing pictures on the thumbnails, just a generic icon. Other images are showing. It's a mixture. The correct view options are checked/unchecked and the problem persist on any size icon. Can you help me with this issue?...
  10. How do I change the pictures on my desktop icons?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change the pictures on my desktop icons?: I have tried to change the desktop icons according to Microsoft help but some of the categories they say will be present are not there. So can someone tell me how to change shortcut icons in windows 10 please?...