Windows 10: Why does my disc drive keep requiring a reboot?!

Discus and support Why does my disc drive keep requiring a reboot?! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Every other time I want to use the disc drive, Windows decides "NAW, YOU NEED TO REBOOT!!" because everytime the disc is inserted into the optical... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Brett McNaulty, Dec 13, 2023.

1. Why does my disc drive keep requiring a reboot?!

Every other time I want to use the disc drive, Windows decides "NAW, YOU NEED TO REBOOT!!" because everytime the disc is inserted into the optical media drive, I get "Please put in another disc" then automatically ejects!!It does this every other time. No viruses. Nothing. Just does this whenever it wants to and will not choose to acknowledge discs until I reboot.Is this a stupid Windows 10 feature or something?* Original title: Why the **** does my disc drive keep requiring a reboot?!

:)

Brett McNaulty, Dec 13, 2023
Thema:

Why does my disc drive keep requiring a reboot?!

1. Why does my disc drive keep requiring a reboot?! - Similar Threads - Why does disc

2. Why does my gaming laptop keep rebooting by itself?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my gaming laptop keep rebooting by itself?: So I have a HP Victor gaming laptop that I've had for about 5 months and never had any issues with it up until about a week or so ago. It just started to reboot out of nowhere whether im just browsing chrome or playing a game, anything really. And I've done quite literally...
  3. Why does my gaming laptop keep rebooting by itself?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my gaming laptop keep rebooting by itself?: So I have a HP Victor gaming laptop that I've had for about 5 months and never had any issues with it up until about a week or so ago. It just started to reboot out of nowhere whether im just browsing chrome or playing a game, anything really. And I've done quite literally...
  4. Why the **** does my disc drive keep requiring a reboot?!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why the **** does my disc drive keep requiring a reboot?!: Every other time I want to use the disc drive, Windows decides "NAW, YOU NEED TO REBOOT!!" because everytime the disc is inserted into the optical media drive, I get "Please put in another disc" then automatically ejects!!It does this every other time. No viruses. Nothing....
  5. Why the **** does my disc drive keep requiring a reboot?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why the **** does my disc drive keep requiring a reboot?!: Every other time I want to use the disc drive, Windows decides "NAW, YOU NEED TO REBOOT!!" because everytime the disc is inserted into the optical media drive, I get "Please put in another disc" then automatically ejects!!It does this every other time. No viruses. Nothing....
  6. Why the **** does my disc drive keep requiring a reboot?!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Why does my share drive keep disconnecting?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does my share drive keep disconnecting?: I have a laptop (Windows 10 Pro, WiFi) and a desktop (Windows 10 Home, wired). The desktop mounts the C: drive of the laptop as a share, known as Z: This share stays around. No problems. The laptop mounts the C: drive of the desktop as a share, known as P: This share drops...
  8. Why does my share drive keep disconnecting?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does my share drive keep disconnecting?: I have a laptop (Windows 10 Pro, WiFi) and a desktop (Windows 10 Home, wired). The desktop mounts the C: drive of the laptop as a share, known as Z: This share stays around. No problems. The laptop mounts the C: drive of the desktop as a share, known as P: This share drops...
  9. Why does my share drive keep disconnecting?

in Windows 10 Support
  10. Why does parental controls require rebooting?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Why does parental controls require rebooting?: My kid has Windows 10. When i turn off screen time his computer locks him out correctly. But when I turn it back in again, no matter how many times he tries to log in, and even if i do, it doesn’t work until we reboot his PC. This is EXTREMELY inconvenient....