Windows 10: Why does my Disk Cleanup app state my OS is Windows 8 when I have Windows 10 Home? (See...

Discus and support Why does my Disk Cleanup app state my OS is Windows 8 when I have Windows 10 Home? (See... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Please see screen shot below. The Disk Cleanup is calling the OS Windows8, yet the Windows Specifications is saying the edition is Window 10 Home. Why... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by dykesie, Nov 16, 2018.

1. dykesie Win User

Why does my Disk Cleanup app state my OS is Windows 8 when I have Windows 10 Home? (See...

Please see screen shot below. The Disk Cleanup is calling the OS Windows8, yet the Windows Specifications is saying the edition is Window 10 Home. Why is this? It looks like Windows 10.

:)

dykesie, Nov 16, 2018
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Nov 16, 2018
  3. rtwjunkie Win User
    why is there a windows 10 app for netflix?

Yes, it's no longer the windows phone OS. It's just Windows 10. And yes, the app is perfect for the phone.

rtwjunkie, Nov 16, 2018
  4. theonedub Win User

Why does my Disk Cleanup app state my OS is Windows 8 when I have Windows 10 Home? (See...

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

No its built into Windows, just open disk cleanup and select 'Clean up system Files' button on the bottom left- now you'll see previous installs of Windows listed under list of cleanable items. My old install is a whopping 25GB of my 256GB SSD.

theonedub, Nov 16, 2018
Thema:

1. Why does my Disk Cleanup app state my OS is Windows 8 when I have Windows 10 Home? (See... - Similar Threads - Why does Disk

2. Why is there only 2 physical slots available, when my laptop clearly states that i have 8...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why is there only 2 physical slots available, when my laptop clearly states that i have 8...: So i bought a extra 8gb ram to add to my previous 2 slots of already installed ram because i had believed that there were 8 slots available. I have 2 slots being used out of 8. I have been searching the internet for this answer. My laptop is a Acer Nitro 5 15.6-inch...
  3. Why is there only 2 physical slots available, when my laptop clearly states that i have 8...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is there only 2 physical slots available, when my laptop clearly states that i have 8...: So i bought a extra 8gb ram to add to my previous 2 slots of already installed ram because i had believed that there were 8 slots available. I have 2 slots being used out of 8. I have been searching the internet for this answer. My laptop is a Acer Nitro 5 15.6-inch...
  4. KB2852386: I have it but there's no "Windows Update Cleanup" in Disk Cleanup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB2852386: I have it but there's no "Windows Update Cleanup" in Disk Cleanup.: I'm trying along with probably millions of others to reduce the size of Winsxs. I almost never use Windows Update and I don't think I've ever uninstalled a Windows Update. Apparently a lot of Winsxs are backups of Windows Updates. Couldn't I delete at least most of the older...
  5. KB2852386: I have it but there's no "Windows Update Cleanup" in Disk Cleanup.

KB2852386: I have it but there's no "Windows Update Cleanup" in Disk Cleanup.: I'm trying along with probably millions of others to reduce the size of Winsxs. I almost never use Windows Update and I don't think I've ever uninstalled a Windows Update. Apparently a lot of Winsxs are backups of Windows Updates. Couldn't I delete at least most of the older...
  6. Disk cleanup does not remove Windows Update Cleanup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk cleanup does not remove Windows Update Cleanup: Trying to remove Windows Update Cleanup files either using Settings windows or Disk Cleanup, it displays 4 GB of occupied space by Windows Update Cleanup but I cannot remove it either way. I tried:Running Disk Cleanup as administrator,Running Disk Cleanup in SafeMode,Manual...
  7. Disk Cleanup App

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk Cleanup App: How do I unlock the Temporary Internet Files in the Disk Cleanup App? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-cleanup-app/0bb30e7e-d0fd-4877-ad39-005785ea8f5d"
  8. Disk Cleanup Windows 10 killed my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk Cleanup Windows 10 killed my computer: Used disk cleanup including system files (crazily assumed it wouldn't delete anything important!). Now its like I'm running a 286SX processor with 10MB of RAM. Have Windows 10 64-bit, Pentium Dual-Core CPU T4400 @ 2.20GHz, 4.0GB RAM Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset...
  9. Good disk cleanup app for windows 10

Good disk cleanup app for windows 10: I use Advanced Disk Cleaner, free version on my Vista PC, but apparently they don't offer a Win10 v. I've heard that CC Clean (I think that's what it's called ) is a good one. Any suggestions? Thanks. 41355
  10. Why does MS Identify my Windows 10 as Windows 8?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why does MS Identify my Windows 10 as Windows 8?: Windows 10 delivered and installed 29 July, replacing Windows 7, but when I go to MS sites, it identifies my version of Windows as 8.x, so that, for example, I cannot download MS Maps, which I apparently deleted in my early use of Windows 10. What do I need to change so...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why does it say windows 8 in my disk cleanup when i have windows 10

2. why does disk cleanup say windows 8 os when i am using windows 10