Windows 10: why does my display switches to a my 2nd "display" and how do i switch it back.

Discus and support why does my display switches to a my 2nd "display" and how do i switch it back. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; hello. i really need help if anyone could. so basically i had plug in a port to use g-sync in nvdia panel, and kind of messed around with the settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Lil_broKev, Aug 17, 2022.

1. why does my display switches to a my 2nd "display" and how do i switch it back.

hello. i really need help if anyone could. so basically i had plug in a port to use g-sync in nvdia panel, and kind of messed around with the settings " set up multiple displays " now whenever i plug in the port for the "g-sync " it would bring me to the second display i suppose and i'm only using one monitor.... this is kind of confusing i know.. i don't really know anything about computer so if anyone know's what i'm talking about please reach out to me and help me!! ask me any questions if you didn't get this but please anything would help!!.

:)

Lil_broKev, Aug 17, 2022

2. new KVM switch wouldn't display on monitor

Just got a new kvm switch to connect my two cpus but it won't bring out displays...
    Would put up a pic of the monitor interface in the morning.
    Suggest ions please...

purplekaycee, Aug 17, 2022
  3. 3D display switch

I accidentally switch the 3D view switch in my Windows 10 display settings. I lost all views and now I can see or do anything? How can I reset display setting without going into the control panel?

DoubleHams, Aug 17, 2022
  4. why does my display switches to a my 2nd "display" and how do i switch it back.

Switching displays

I often switch my display from my computer monitor to my TV screen by selecting Extend these Displays in Display Settings.

There are two different ways this will work:

1. All screen contents i.e., all open windows, and controls switch to the alternate screen, i.e., TV screen, and Keep Changes appears on the TV screen.

2. All screen contents and controls remain on main screen, computer monitor, and Keep Changes appears on that screen. Once you click on Keep Changes you can move whatever Windows you want to the alternate (TV) screen. Normally I am only moving one window
    to the TV screen and I want to keep everything else on my computer monitor.

This has always worked according to the No. 1 scenario until I had a problem with Windows and had to reinstall or recover it. When Windows was re-installed Extend These Displays worked like option 2, which is my preference and is much easier to use.

However, at some point it reverted back to option 1, and I haven't been able to find any setting to change it back to option 2.

Where is the control to switch between these two options?

How do I change Display Settings - Extend These Displays to work according to Option 2.

lazarericus, Aug 17, 2022
Thema:

why does my display switches to a my 2nd "display" and how do i switch it back.

1. why does my display switches to a my 2nd "display" and how do i switch it back. - Similar Threads - why does display

2. why is my screen going black and tabs are switching display?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why is my screen going black and tabs are switching display?: I’ve recently got 2 monitors, everything was going well until i noticed my tabs on my 2nd monitor are sending both screens black and then displaying the tabs on my main monitor.I have a hdmi adapter on my 2nd monitor because of it having only 1 hdmi port....
  3. why is my screen going black and tabs are switching display?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is my screen going black and tabs are switching display?: I’ve recently got 2 monitors, everything was going well until i noticed my tabs on my 2nd monitor are sending both screens black and then displaying the tabs on my main monitor.I have a hdmi adapter on my 2nd monitor because of it having only 1 hdmi port....
  4. How do I switch which gpu my internal display uses?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I switch which gpu my internal display uses?: My Acer Predator Helios 300 internal display will only use intel going and not the nvidia gpu. How do I switch w hitch on is used? I’ve tried using nvidia control panel and disabling the intel gpu....
  5. How do I switch which gpu my internal display uses?

How do I switch which gpu my internal display uses?: My Acer Predator Helios 300 internal display will only use intel going and not the nvidia gpu. How do I switch w hitch on is used? I’ve tried using nvidia control panel and disabling the intel gpu....
  6. why does my display switches to a my 2nd "display" and how do i switch it back.

why does my display switches to a my 2nd "display" and how do i switch it back.: hello. i really need help if anyone could. so basically i had plug in a port to use g-sync in nvdia panel, and kind of messed around with the settings " set up multiple displays " now whenever i plug in the port for the "g-sync " it would bring me to the second display i...
  7. Display Switch not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display Switch not working: Good morning, since yesterday the display switch functionality stopped working, so now if I want to extend my desktop to a second monitor or if I want to work only on my second monitor, it is not possible through the fn + f8 in my case buttons. Also the Windows + p...
  8. How To switch display modes ?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How To switch display modes ?: With the new version of Macrium 7.2, I'm now able via M.R. rescue boot, access my NAS box where all of the Tablets MR images reside. However when booting from the rescue media, it goes straight to "Tablet Mode". Note that my tablet (ASUS Transformer) come with a detachable...
  9. Switching displays

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switching displays: I often switch my display from my computer monitor to my TV screen by selecting Extend these Displays in Display Settings. There are two different ways this will work: 1. All screen contents i.e., all open windows, and controls switch to the alternate screen, i.e., TV...
  10. Main display switches

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Main display switches: Hello - this might possibly be a bit outside of the Windows discussion since I run Windows 7 on a RH Linux laptop (it's a work requirement), but I'll ask since I have not been able to figure this out or find a solution anywhere. I use 3 monitors - laptop is #1 and I use #2...