Windows 10: why does my DVD player not work after upgrading to windows 10?

Discus and support why does my DVD player not work after upgrading to windows 10? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my DVD doesn't work after upgrading to windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kenwaisner, Feb 9, 2019.

1. why does my DVD player not work after upgrading to windows 10?

my DVD doesn't work after upgrading to

windows 10

:)

kenwaisner, Feb 9, 2019
  2. HTC
    HTC Win User

Burned DVD's Work in SOME players

In that case, it is possible the problem is with the blu ray player not supporting DVD+R disks.

Suggest you check to make sure: it's possible you can overcome this problem by simply burning DVD-R instead of DVD+R. Check your blu ray compatibility list first.

3. The Windows 10 DVD Player won't work.

Hi Guru:

My Windows DVD Player for Windows 10 doesn't work.

I pressed the Windows Logo +X, clicked on "Device Manager" from the list.

I could find NO "Device Drivers" in the device list to right click on.

Also, you say, in step 2, to go to the manufacturer's website. This is the Windows DVD player for Windows 10 I am having trouble with. Isn't the manufacturer "Microsoft"? I am assuming your response to Jerry refers to "manufacturer's website" because
    Jerry doesn't specify that it is the Windows DVD player he is talking about (and maybe he isn't).

Musimatician, Feb 9, 2019
  4. why does my DVD player not work after upgrading to windows 10?

DVD player stopped working

Hi Frank,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Please answer the following questions so that we can help you.

• What do you refer by ‘DVD player stopped working’?

• Is the DVD drive not detecting DVD’s or is the drive itself not detected by Windows?
    I suggest you to follow the methods below if the DVD drive is not detected and check.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X and click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the DVD drive drivers check if it works for you. Follow the steps to uninstall the DVD drive drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the DVD drive listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset drivers.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Feb 9, 2019
Thema:

why does my DVD player not work after upgrading to windows 10?

1. why does my DVD player not work after upgrading to windows 10? - Similar Threads - why does DVD

2. dvd player not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dvd player not working: My dvd player will not play either CD's or DVD's nor can I see it in Settings How do I correct this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-player-not-working/f0c37058-d372-4b75-a327-f0b75f3a0bae
  3. My DVD player no longer works?

My DVD player no longer works?: It appears that with one of the Microsoft updates, Power DVD was added to my computer. The problem is it will not read DVD's with out purchasing an upgrade.. It worked fine the last time I played a DVD.. ( which I don't do very often) What can I do? I have a big test to...
  4. CD/DVD player does not work after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CD/DVD player does not work after Windows 10 update: TSSTcorp CDDVDW SU - 208d8 driver does not work after upgrade to Windows 10. I enabled the Resolution+ Plug-in for Windows Media Player and still does not work. Please advise on what I can do to get my PC to play the DVDs. It does recognize what's in the player but doesn't...
  5. My DvD player with Optiarc DVD RW AD-7700H is not working since upgrade to Windows 10 on my...

My DvD player with Optiarc DVD RW AD-7700H is not working since upgrade to Windows 10 on my...: My DvD player with Optiarc DVD RW AD-7700H is not working since upgrade to Windows 10 on my Sanyo Vaio https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-dvd-player-with-optiarc-dvd-rw-ad-7700h-is-not/1324bd38-7f18-4cfd-ac27-b2e1516be465
  6. dvd player not working after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    dvd player not working after Windows 10 update: How do I download or update the drivers (?) for my DVD player. Worked one day and after Windows 10 "update" it doesn't work anymore! Shouldn't they be responsible for that???...
  7. DVD player does NOT work

in Windows 10 Customization
    DVD player does NOT work: IF it can't be fixed I'm going back to WIN7 Pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/dvd-player-does-not-work/43671cd0-c2a0-4612-bc3e-5b20e4a313c8
  8. Got the dvd player after redoing the windows 10 upgrade.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Got the dvd player after redoing the windows 10 upgrade.: Got the dvd player app after redoing the upgrade. I guess it is hit & miss when upgrading from an windows 7 oemslp install. Note it maybe called windows dvd app depending on which user account is logged in. I think you also need to sign into a Microsoft account before you...
  9. DVD player disappeared after Win 10 upgrade

DVD player disappeared after Win 10 upgrade: Hello, I've just upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 and my DVD player has disappeared. I have a Toshiba Portege R830 PT321A 01K00201 When I go to device manager there are no yellow exclamations, there is just no DVD player there at all. I've checked the Toshiba...
  10. DVD Player not working

DVD Player not working: Just like everyone else when I updated to Windows 10 I experienced my DVD player not working. - When I try to eject by right clicking nothing happens then i get "an error occurred with dvd/cd rom" message -Shows up on my Device Manager, under DVD/CD-Rom Drives, not hidden...