Windows 10: Why does my Enter and Backspace act weirdly?

Discus and support Why does my Enter and Backspace act weirdly? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; #1 I have an Asus X540-YA laptop, and sometimes when I press the Backspace, instead of deleting the character, it writes down the combination of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Dávid Bűdi, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Why does my Enter and Backspace act weirdly?

I have an Asus X540-YA laptop, and sometimes when I press the Backspace, instead of deleting the character, it writes down the combination of "74321", and sometimes some dots as well. Same thing with my Enter, sometimes it just types "nbz" instead of jumping a line when typing. I have tried to restore my Windows 10 the the original settings and re-install a driver ASUS sent me, but it did not help. Any suggestions what could cause it, or what could I do?

:)

Dávid Bűdi, Feb 8, 2019
  2. TOOGAM Win User

Ctrl + A + Backspace acting as home key

I think you lost a character in the question, about what shows up in Notepad.

When I tried Ctrl+A+Backspace in Notepad, I got the same results as pressing Ctrl-Backspace. (This did generate a character that looked like a thin, tall rectangle.)

I can suggest three approaches:

• Try altering your behavior. Use Ctrl-A and Delete, instead of Ctrl-A and Backspace.
    • Try a different keyboard. (This may ultimately end up having the effect of altering your behavior a bit. Another possible effect is to eliminate ghosting issues that may occur when too much is pressed simultaneously on some keyboards. Although I'm suspecting that your current issue is unrelated to keyboard ghosting.)
    • Use the downloaded software AutoHotkey to respond to Ctrl-Backspace by having it automatically press Ctrl-A and then either Backspace or Delete. Hopefully the software will be responsive enough to be able to complete its actions before Windows processes your next keystroke.

TOOGAM, Feb 8, 2019
  3. AbuFr3on Win User
    My laptop acting weirdly

I have a problem in my laptop

it acts weirdly whenever i'm typing on keyboard

for example when i'm on notepad++ and writing something and i have more than a tab it moves from tab to another while writing but if i didn't touch the keyboard nothing happens.

and something else when i'm on Facebook chatting with somebody suddenly it starts opening photos from the timeline and the same if i didn't touch the keyboard nothing happens.

what would be the problem and how to solve it.

Thanks

AbuFr3on, Feb 8, 2019
  4. AbuFr3on Win User

Why does my Enter and Backspace act weirdly?

My laptop acting weirdly

PS:I tried to use the on-screen keyboard it didn't affect as my keyboard

AbuFr3on, Feb 8, 2019
Thema:

Why does my Enter and Backspace act weirdly?

1. Why does my Enter and Backspace act weirdly? - Similar Threads - Why does Enter

2. Why is my windows key acting weird

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my windows key acting weird: Whenever I use my window key anywhere, the start menu wont come up, but for someone reason when im in the window powershell, it works. All the commands work such as windows key + G, its just the window start menu wont come up unless im in the window powershell....
  3. Why is my windows key acting weird

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my windows key acting weird: Whenever I use my window key anywhere, the start menu wont come up, but for someone reason when im in the window powershell, it works. All the commands work such as windows key + G, its just the window start menu wont come up unless im in the window powershell....
  4. Why is my windows key acting weird

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Why is my Internet acting weird???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my Internet acting weird???: Hi. I have a Windows 11 PC and, within the past week or so, the internet has been acting awful. Sometimes when you boot it up, it works fine! No issues at all, perfect connection for however long I use it. But, other times when I boot it up, the Internet just refuses to work...
  6. Why is my Internet acting weird???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my Internet acting weird???: Hi. I have a Windows 11 PC and, within the past week or so, the internet has been acting awful. Sometimes when you boot it up, it works fine! No issues at all, perfect connection for however long I use it. But, other times when I boot it up, the Internet just refuses to work...
  7. My PC is acting weird

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My PC is acting weird: My PC keeps doing weird things such as saying my system is locked and saying that my PC is controlled by an organization please excuse that I have written so little or spelling mistakes but I'm having to write this in a rush before it starts doing weird things again....
  8. MY PC IS ACTING WEIRD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MY PC IS ACTING WEIRD: so i tried downloading a game from web and got a virus and now my pc is acting weird like csnt update and cant turn on windows insider proggrame someone pls tell me what to do and if its bad!...
  9. Keyboard backspace weird

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard backspace weird: So i;ve bought a new mechanical keyboard woorth quite the Buck, and its all good instead of one thing,. If u see grammatical or spelling mistakes in here its not njbecause im dumb its because i cant use my backspace. When i click my backspace to delete a letter this comes...
  10. Backspace acting weird

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Backspace acting weird: When I try to use backspace twice, it highlights the entire document, and I can't find anything online on how to stop it from doing this. It's happened once before, but I have no idea what happened to stop it from happening. submitted by /u/theBolsheviks [link] [comments]...