Windows 10: Why does my Ethernet go from 30mpbs and within about 3 minutes of use, go to 2mpbs or lower?

Discus and support Why does my Ethernet go from 30mpbs and within about 3 minutes of use, go to 2mpbs or lower? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; No clue why it's been happening. It's been about 4 days since it began happening, my Ethernet will go from 30+mpbs to less than 2mpbs after about 5... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by hetbet3, Feb 2, 2021.

1. hetbet3 Win User

Why does my Ethernet go from 30mpbs and within about 3 minutes of use, go to 2mpbs or lower?

No clue why it's been happening.

It's been about 4 days since it began happening, my Ethernet will go from 30+mpbs to less than 2mpbs after about 5 minutes of use.

My Ethernet is now slower than my WiFi

:)

hetbet3, Feb 2, 2021
  2. rez001 Win User

IP configuration not valid - interference from ethernet adapter?

Solution 1: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1or Windows 10

Step 1:

Go to Device Manager → Network adapters.
    Step 2:

Expand it (Network adapters).

Step 3:

Select your network adapter

Step 4:

Right click on your wireless network adapter or Ethernet adapter and then tap “Update Driver Software”.
    (in this case your network adopter is Ethernet adopter so tap your Ethernet adapter)
    Step 5:

Now on a new window you will need to click on “Browse my computer for driver software”.

Why does my Ethernet go from 30mpbs and within about 3 minutes of use, go to 2mpbs or lower? [​IMG]

Step 6:

Then select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

Why does my Ethernet go from 30mpbs and within about 3 minutes of use, go to 2mpbs or lower? [​IMG]

Step 7:

Now choose the “Manufacturer’s drivers” from the list of two and then click next.

Step 8:

After the completion of the process just restart your PC and check if the problem is solved or not. If not, goto solution 2.

Solution 2: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1,windows10

Step 1:

Open command prompt.
    Step 2:

Just go on hitting the enter after typing the each command.
    netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable
    netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    Step 3:

Now to check if the settings are disabled type:
    netsh int tcp show global
    then hit enter.
    Step 4:

Now the thing left is just rebooting your system and just check if the problem is solved or not and just give feedback.*chuckle*Thumbs

rez001, Feb 2, 2021
  3. Cannot connect to ethernet no valid ip configuration

We appreciate the information you've provided. We'd like to confirm the results after following the steps on the link provided on our previous post.

Meanwhile, to isolate your concern, we suggest that you check the following:

• If the Ethernet port is clean.

• If the end of RJ45 (Ethernet cord) is still intact.

• If available, test the RJ45 (Ethernet cord) to your other device and check if issue persists.

We look forward to your reply so we can assist you further.

Zedrick Del, Feb 2, 2021
  4. WalterW Win User

Why does my Ethernet go from 30mpbs and within about 3 minutes of use, go to 2mpbs or lower?

Ethernet network between 3 Windows 10 PCs problem

I performed your suggestions on my desktop (Win 10 Pro) and my laptop (Win 10 home) and left them running for about 30 minutes and I can now get a connection between the 3 PCs, I will perform your suggestions on my other PC (Win 10 Pro) and leave them all running for 30 minutes and hopefully that will connect .
    I will report after I have done it.

WalterW, Feb 2, 2021
Thema:

1. Why does my Ethernet go from 30mpbs and within about 3 minutes of use, go to 2mpbs or lower? - Similar Threads - Why does Ethernet

2. Why does my screens go black?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my screens go black?: From time to time usually one or more times every day my screens go black randomly. After a few seconds i get the "no signal" message on both screens. This started happening a few weeks ago. There is no error message of any kind. Audio keeps going so if i was watching a vido...
  3. Why does my screens go black?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does my screens go black?: From time to time usually one or more times every day my screens go black randomly. After a few seconds i get the "no signal" message on both screens. This started happening a few weeks ago. There is no error message of any kind. Audio keeps going so if i was watching a vido...
  4. Why does my external monitor go to sleep after 20 minutes?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my external monitor go to sleep after 20 minutes?: Hi! I have a MSI laptop with Windows 11, it remains closed all the time and the monitor it's connected via hdmi to an external usb-c hub. It works perfectly but every 20 minutes the monitor says "No signal". I've to disconnect and reconnect the cable every time, or to press...
  5. Why does my external monitor go to sleep after 20 minutes?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my external monitor go to sleep after 20 minutes?: Hi! I have a MSI laptop with Windows 11, it remains closed all the time and the monitor it's connected via hdmi to an external usb-c hub. It works perfectly but every 20 minutes the monitor says "No signal". I've to disconnect and reconnect the cable every time, or to press...
  6. Why does my computer's disk usage go to 100% then the computer freezes for about a minute...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my computer's disk usage go to 100% then the computer freezes for about a minute...: After installing a new SSD in my laptop, every about an hour or so, the screen freezes, disk usage goes to 100% and just stays like that for about a minute. I've tried a LOT of fixes but none of them worked, so asking a question personally here was my last resort. I am on...
  7. Why does my computer's disk usage go to 100% then the computer freezes for about a minute...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my computer's disk usage go to 100% then the computer freezes for about a minute...: After installing a new SSD in my laptop, every about an hour or so, the screen freezes, disk usage goes to 100% and just stays like that for about a minute. I've tried a LOT of fixes but none of them worked, so asking a question personally here was my last resort. I am on...
  8. Why does my printer go "offline"?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does my printer go "offline"?: I went to the question about this in the "Community" and all I got back was one answer (that didn't work) and a bunch of like questions. Can someone answer clearly and simply what to do when running Windows 10 (grrr) and printer constantly is "off line"? I transcribe for a...
  9. Windows going to sleep within a minute or 2

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows going to sleep within a minute or 2: What helped me resolve this issue was changing the power plan. Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options Change to a different power option...
  10. PC Going To Sleep After 3 Minutes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC Going To Sleep After 3 Minutes: I recently upgraded to Windows 10. After my upgrade my computer will shut off after 3 minutes of not using it. I have all power settings set to 30 minutes after no use. On battery and plugged in. Does anyone else have the same issue? If anyone has any solutions please help....