Windows 10: Why does my excel workbook disappear?

Discus and support Why does my excel workbook disappear? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Since activating One Drive, I have had worksheets in Excel disappear and the version on One Drive doe not have the changes I had kmade, so all the work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by stillkicking, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Why does my excel workbook disappear?

Since activating One Drive, I have had worksheets in Excel disappear and the version on One Drive doe not have the changes I had kmade, so all the work is lost. I do not know what I did when moving the curser, but blank wsaorksheet is there as if I did nothing. Cannot find earlier version with the work I did that should have been saved automatically.

:)

stillkicking, Feb 3, 2019
  2. UriSh Win User

Excel workbooks pinned to taskbar on Win 10 disappeared

My question is two fold:

1. Can I change the order of Excel workbooks pinned to the taskbar on Win 10? In Win 8.1 I could just drag them in whichever order I wanted.
      I saw the similar question regarding folders pinned to File Explorer, but the solution is irrelevant in this case.
      The question regarding Excel was also raised there in a comment but remained unanswered.

Edit: Here's the link to the question I reffered to:
    Is there a way to change the order of pinned folders in Windows 10?

1. When I upgraded to Win 10 from Win 8.1 all my pinned Excel workbooks stayed pinned. After a couple of day's work they all disappeared. I can't put my finger exactly on when this happened but my best guesstimate is either from running Ccleaner or when I restarted the computer for the first time after the upgrade was complete.
      Anyone else encountered something similar?

Thanks.

UriSh, Feb 3, 2019
  3. Tony K Win User
    Some but not all Excel workbooks appear in taskbar.

Welcome to Windows Ten Forums, ju severn and restexas.

Don't know why you're having the issue and I don't have Office installed on my 10, but have in 8.1. I also have not had that many Excel workbooks opened to know if perhaps there's a limit to the list set in Office or in 10. I worked more with seperate sheets in a workbook rather than separate workbooks. However, for now to keep you working without the distraction, could you open a separate instance of Excel and work with it that way? Somewhat of a PITA I know, but that may work for now until resolved.

Tony K, Feb 3, 2019
  4. ju severn Win User

Why does my excel workbook disappear?

Some but not all Excel workbooks appear in taskbar.

I have for example, five Excel workbooks open, four will appear in the taskbar when I hover over the Excel icon and one will not. This happens pretty much every day and with a wide variety of Excel files, not the same ones. I have not noticed the same issue with other programs but must admit I rarely would have multiple files open from other programs.

I have tried every option suggested on forums that I have read including unticking and reticking the box in Excel advanced options to 'show all windows in taskbar', also right clicking on the taskbar to 'never combine' (and although this is not really what I'm after, the workbook will not show in the taskbar either). None of these make any difference.

I have also tried opening the files from the open button, from the recently used files list and from the folder they are stored in but this makes no difference.

When I 'alt-tab through the open screens, the workbook that I cannot see from the taskbar will always show as the very last item after every other screen from every other program I have open, even when it is the last item I have looked at.

It's driving me mad as in my work I always have to switch back and forth between spreadsheets.
    Can anyone help or has anyone else come across the same problem?

ju severn, Feb 3, 2019
Thema:

Why does my excel workbook disappear?

1. Why does my excel workbook disappear? - Similar Threads - Why does excel

2. Excel Workbook Not Saving with Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excel Workbook Not Saving with Password: We use Windows 11 on our desktops. Our office switched to 365 a few months ago. Ever since then, we cannot save an Excel workbook using the password while all other users are in read only. No other staff has the password. The error message just says "Document Not Saved." I am...
  3. Excel Workbook Not Saving with Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Excel Workbook Not Saving with Password: We use Windows 11 on our desktops. Our office switched to 365 a few months ago. Ever since then, we cannot save an Excel workbook using the password while all other users are in read only. No other staff has the password. The error message just says "Document Not Saved." I am...
  4. When attempting to "restore down" an Excel Workbook, the workbook appears to disappear.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When attempting to "restore down" an Excel Workbook, the workbook appears to disappear.: When hovering over the Excel icon in the toolbar, the workbook I have restored down appears as a thin box. However, I cannot locate the restored down workbook to resize it. It is not visible anywhere on the desktop. After hovering over the toolbar icon, I can right-click the...
  5. When attempting to "restore down" an Excel Workbook, the workbook appears to disappear.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When attempting to "restore down" an Excel Workbook, the workbook appears to disappear.: When hovering over the Excel icon in the toolbar, the workbook I have restored down appears as a thin box. However, I cannot locate the restored down workbook to resize it. It is not visible anywhere on the desktop. After hovering over the toolbar icon, I can right-click the...
  6. When attempting to "restore down" an Excel Workbook, the workbook appears to disappear.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. EXCEL - SHARING OF A WORKBOOK WITH MULTI USERS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    EXCEL - SHARING OF A WORKBOOK WITH MULTI USERS: I have created a master workbook and need to share this with multiple users. Each user only needs to see the columns and rows applicable to them other users info must be hidden and I then need to merge these files so that all the information pulls through to my master...
  8. Use Excel workbooks on multiple desktops

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Use Excel workbooks on multiple desktops: Hello! The problem I’m having is I want to use 2 desktops with a different excel workbook in each desktop. When I open an excel workbook in desktop 2, my computer switches to desktop 1 and opens the excel workbook there with the already existing workbook. This is annoying....
  9. excel workbook replaced by internet explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    excel workbook replaced by internet explorer: excel workbook replaced by internet explorer not by my doing how can I get excel workbook back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excel-workbook-replaced-by-internet-explorer/583e1693-8cfe-4346-a66a-cb92733923d3"
  10. Microsoft Excel Workbook on Different PC's

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Excel Workbook on Different PC's: We have a shared excel spreadsheet master that when opened appears correct on my PC. There is a formula IF cell D1 = A, E1 =25, IF cell D1 = B, E1 = 30, IF cell D1 = C, E1 = 35. Cell D1 has a drop down box and when the spreadsheet is opened default is set to A so E1 reads...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my excel workbook disappeared

2. JUST HAD AN EXCEL WORKBOOK DISAPPEAR

3. why does excel workbook close automatically

4. why does taskbar show Excel (2),
  5. Why did my excel workbook work disappear when I changed the name?,
  6. excel workbook disappear,
  7. why does windows 10 keep combining my excel workbooks,
  8. why would microsoft office disappear,
  9. excel disappear,
  10. microsoft excel workbook disappeared,
  11. excel workbook disappeared,