Windows 10: Why does my HDD sometimes not turn on?

Discus and support Why does my HDD sometimes not turn on? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I have a strange question. Some times when I turn on my computer my BIOS will display B4 at the bottom of my screen and my HDD will not turn on. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CreeperKing, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Why does my HDD sometimes not turn on?

So I have a strange question. Some times when I turn on my computer my BIOS will display B4 at the bottom of my screen and my HDD will not turn on. I have a light on my computer that indicates HDD activity. This light will briefly turn on and go out and my BIOS will not be able to detect my HDD I also do not hear my HDD running. Am I correct in thinking that I have a problem with my HDD? I have checked the connections and they are fine also the BIOS detects my other hardware, I also have my display connected to my graphics card so that should show that every thing else is working fine. I also know for a fact that when this problem happens my BIOS does look to find other boot options. It would seem that I have a problem with my HDD, is this correct?

Edit: I also tried disconnecting the data cable from the HDD and I turned on the computer and I did not get B4 or any other error codes, it just started right to my BIOS. So this makes me think the HDD has a problem.

:)

CreeperKing, Oct 15, 2019
  2. Kem Mon Win User

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Oct 15, 2019
  3. Johankaan Win User
    unlock hdd

Johankaan, Oct 15, 2019
  4. Why does my HDD sometimes not turn on?

HDD Corrupt ?

Hi,

There are many possible reasons this issue is happening. We'd like to ask few questions below:

• What is the brand name of you Hard Disk Drive?
    • How old is the HDD?
    Since you already tried multiple troubleshooting steps, we suggest visiting the manufacturer's website. Find and download a hard drive diagnostic software to help resolve the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Martin Bar, Oct 15, 2019
Thema:

Why does my HDD sometimes not turn on?

1. Why does my HDD sometimes not turn on? - Similar Threads - Why does HDD

2. why does my PC turn crazy! sometimes when i turn it on??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does my PC turn crazy! sometimes when i turn it on??: sometimes when i turn my pc on, its been happening lately my mouse disconnects, and wont reconnect before i remove the USB and put it back. my headsets sound turns defective and sound way off, leaving this really bassy sound its a wireless "hyper X cloud 2" and pretty much...
  3. why does my PC turn crazy! sometimes when i turn it on??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why does my PC turn crazy! sometimes when i turn it on??: sometimes when i turn my pc on, its been happening lately my mouse disconnects, and wont reconnect before i remove the USB and put it back. my headsets sound turns defective and sound way off, leaving this really bassy sound its a wireless "hyper X cloud 2" and pretty much...
  4. Why does my PC crash games and sometimes itself?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my PC crash games and sometimes itself?: Some weeks ago I rebuilt my PC. Since then my PC crashes when I try to play some heavier games ex.: Cyberpunk, Far Cry 5, Witcher 3; all on best settings.The crashes occur about 5-10 minutes into the gameplay. Other games, that are not that heavy Frost Punk don´t crash.I...
  5. Why does my PC crash games and sometimes itself?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my PC crash games and sometimes itself?: Some weeks ago I rebuilt my PC. Since then my PC crashes when I try to play some heavier games ex.: Cyberpunk, Far Cry 5, Witcher 3; all on best settings.The crashes occur about 5-10 minutes into the gameplay. Other games, that are not that heavy Frost Punk don´t crash.I...
  6. Why Does my pc crash when hdd is plugged in?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why Does my pc crash when hdd is plugged in?: Hi, I have an elitedesk g100 twr.I have a ssd which contains windows.The hdd also contains windows.After changing ssd as boot priority windows just gets stuck at boot screen. If I try plugging in hdd after boot ,windows just freezes. Pls help...
  7. Why Win10 does not turn off my HDD-s when not in use?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why Win10 does not turn off my HDD-s when not in use?: In Windows7, I did not have this problem! I have set "Turn off hard disk after 3 min" My Windows10 is on SSD drive, I keep my other files (videos, pictures, backups) on separate HDD-s (inside PC). One of the HDD-s is actually totally empty, I clean formatted it to see if...
  8. why does microsoft store sometimes break

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does microsoft store sometimes break: i was going to re download minecraft on the microsoft store and for some reason it freezes up and does nothing and when i go into download it spends about 5 minutes loading how do i fix this its never happened before...
  9. Why does my keyboard light not turn on?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does my keyboard light not turn on?: At night, my keyboard used to light up, but now it doesn't. I haven't done anything to the laptop wrong and that's why I'm confused. Is there a setting to fix this issue?...
  10. Why does my right click sometimes click twice

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why does my right click sometimes click twice: So I have had this problem for a while now. Sometimes when I press the right click it clicks two times and I hear two beeps. I had this in my older mouse and now it still happens even with a brand new one. It must be a windows problem or something in the software because it...