Windows 10: Why does my home computer almost always stay awake with the monitor lit all night when it's...

Discus and support Why does my home computer almost always stay awake with the monitor lit all night when it's... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Is Outlook keeping it awake with its Send/Receives? I think that's the only thing that I knowingly might have accidentally left open.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Jeff A. Davis, Jun 21, 2021.

1. Why does my home computer almost always stay awake with the monitor lit all night when it's...

Is Outlook keeping it awake with its Send/Receives? I think that's the only thing that I knowingly might have accidentally left open.

:)

Jeff A. Davis, Jun 21, 2021
  2. Tatty_One Win User

easy way to stay awake?

At this point I think there are enough good tips to help our friend stay awake for one night and I wish him the best of luck with his endeavour.

Tatty_One, Jun 21, 2021
  3. How to keep computer awake after waking from a scheduled job.

I put my Windows 10 PC to sleep each night before going to bed and need it to automatically wake up at 8:00 AM each morning and
    stay awake until I put it to sleep at night. I have a scheduled job that dutifully wakes the PC every morning, but the problem is that it puts itself back to sleep within a few minutes. If I move the mouse during the few minutes it's awake
    it stays awake all day with no problem. If I wake the computer with the keyboard it stays awake all day.

This process worked fine in Windows 7. Any suggestions?

RickBell_CA, Jun 21, 2021
  4. Me.Doc Win User

Why does my home computer almost always stay awake with the monitor lit all night when it's...

Windows 10 can't stay awake

Grep and Kapil,

Thank you for your help. I was not able to get the Windows 10 to stay awake the configured 30 minutes. But, going through the steps provided, I was able to improve Windows staying awake from 2 minutes to 11 minutes. Why 11 minutes? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

MD

Me.Doc, Jun 21, 2021
Thema:

Why does my home computer almost always stay awake with the monitor lit all night when it's...

1. Why does my home computer almost always stay awake with the monitor lit all night when it's... - Similar Threads - Why does home

2. Computer no longer staying awake

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer no longer staying awake: Greetings, I can’t find a forum for the command line, so I hope this is the right place. I can’t find anyone else with the same problem.I am having trouble keeping my computer awake. I have created a batch file to back up my laptop. It takes several hours for the script to...
  3. Computer no longer staying awake

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer no longer staying awake: Greetings, I can’t find a forum for the command line, so I hope this is the right place. I can’t find anyone else with the same problem.I am having trouble keeping my computer awake. I have created a batch file to back up my laptop. It takes several hours for the script to...
  4. Why does my CPU usage always stays at 99%, win11

Why does my CPU usage always stays at 99%, win11: Recently i found my computer running relatively loud for last week, i checked my task manager and my cpu usage always stays at 99% i scrolled down and there was multiple processes of "unrealCEFsubprocess" usign each 10-20%.I went onto some site, and was told that its most...
  5. awake during the night

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    awake during the night: Hi my laptop temperature is decently hot going into hardcore gaming like warzone goes to low 80 but I do believe the cause of this is because my CPU is on during the night, as when I look at task manager it say above 1 day then it shuts down at night, does anybody know how to...
  6. awake during the night

in Windows 10 Gaming
    awake during the night: Hi my laptop temperature is decently hot going into hardcore gaming like warzone goes to low 80 but I do believe the cause of this is because my CPU is on during the night, as when I look at task manager it say above 1 day then it shuts down at night, does anybody know how to...
  7. awake during the night

8. Windows 10 - Monitors staying awake despite settings

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 - Monitors staying awake despite settings: This has been an on and off problem with me for quite sometime, basically the problem is that randomly at times my monitors will just not go to sleep and stay awake - sometimes restarting the system works as a quick fix, sometimes it doesn't. I have manually went through the...
  9. Windows 10 - Monitors staying awake despite settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 - Monitors staying awake despite settings: This has been an on and off problem with me for quite sometime, basically the problem is that randomly at times my monitors will just not go to sleep and stay awake - sometimes restarting the system works as a quick fix, sometimes it doesn't. I have manually went through the...
  10. Windows 10 - Monitors staying awake despite settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider