Windows 10: Why does my HP Envy keep saying it’s updating and to not turn it off but it keeps...

Discus and support Why does my HP Envy keep saying it’s updating and to not turn it off but it keeps... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I tried to turn on my laptop like normal when it said it was updating to not turn it off and then it said restarting. This has occured for a week now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KK Hernandez, Nov 28, 2022.

1. Why does my HP Envy keep saying it’s updating and to not turn it off but it keeps...

I tried to turn on my laptop like normal when it said it was updating to not turn it off and then it said restarting. This has occured for a week now and I can’t even get it to a home page bc it won’t stay on. I dont know what to do anymore. I tried to manually restart it but that’s not even working

:)

KK Hernandez, Nov 28, 2022
  2. Yaqub K Win User

HP Envy Laptop Battery not charging after Windows 10 installation

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I suggest you to un-install and re-install battery drivers from Device manager and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Batteries and right click on Batteries ACPI and click on Un-install.
    • Restart the computer and check.

If the issue persist, I suggest you to visit HP Envy website and check whether HP has released any firmware updates for Windows 10. If so, please go ahead and install them and check with the issue.

Yaqub K, Nov 28, 2022
  3. garyb0125 Win User
    Uninstall HP ENVY 5020 All-in-One Printer

FWIW, I used the following steps to uninstall an HP Envy 5660 from several machines, always with success. I don't know if "any traces" are left, but I have no problem reinstalling or installing a different HP printer.

Remove previous HP Envy 5660 printer drivers by doing the following:
    a. Turn off printer and uninstall any HP software under programs
    b. Remove device HP Envy 5660 under Control Panel/Devices and Printers
    c. Run “printui.exe /s” and under Drivers tab, remove any HP Envy 5660 drivers and packages
    d. Reboot the PC
    HTH

garyb0125, Nov 28, 2022
  4. zbook Win User

Why does my HP Envy keep saying it’s updating and to not turn it off but it keeps...

HP Envy TouchSmart 4-1115dx NO TOUCH in Win10 /w SSD

HP ENVY TouchSmart Sleekbook 4-1115dx More Support Options | HP® Customer Support

See if you can run through these troubleshooting steps:

HP PCs - Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues (WindowsÂ*10, 8) | HP® Customer Support

Step 1: Confirm the computer has a touch screen
    Step 2: Enable and reinstall the touch screen driver in Device Manager
    Step 3: Configure the touch display
    Step 4: Install Windows updates
    Step 5: Perform a touch screen diagnostic test in HP Hardware Diagnostics
    Step 6: Adjust the power management settings for your touch screen
    Step 7: Perform a hard reset (notebook PCs) or full shutdown and restart (All-in-One PCs)
    Step 8: Update the BIOS and graphics driver

zbook, Nov 28, 2022
Thema:

Why does my HP Envy keep saying it’s updating and to not turn it off but it keeps...

1. Why does my HP Envy keep saying it’s updating and to not turn it off but it keeps... - Similar Threads - Why does Envy

2. Why does my wifi keep turning off?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my wifi keep turning off?: My Wifi keeps turning off specifically at midnight, and i do not know why, and it is ethernet. at 12:00 everything cuts off on my pc where as my ps5 and everything else is fine and i dont know why....
  3. Why does my wifi keep turning off?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my wifi keep turning off?: My Wifi keeps turning off specifically at midnight, and i do not know why, and it is ethernet. at 12:00 everything cuts off on my pc where as my ps5 and everything else is fine and i dont know why....
  4. Why does my wifi keep turning off?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Why does my HP Envy keep saying it’s updating and to not turn it off but it keeps...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does my HP Envy keep saying it’s updating and to not turn it off but it keeps...: I tried to turn on my laptop like normal when it said it was updating to not turn it off and then it said restarting. This has occured for a week now and I can’t even get it to a home page bc it won’t stay on. I dont know what to do anymore. I tried to manually restart it but...
  6. Why does my HP Envy keep saying it’s updating and to not turn it off but it keeps...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my HP Envy keep saying it’s updating and to not turn it off but it keeps...: I tried to turn on my laptop like normal when it said it was updating to not turn it off and then it said restarting. This has occured for a week now and I can’t even get it to a home page bc it won’t stay on. I dont know what to do anymore. I tried to manually restart it but...
  7. why does my computer keep turning on and off by itself

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    why does my computer keep turning on and off by itself: why does my computer keep turning on and off by itself https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/why-does-my-computer-keep-turning-on-and-off-by/eae71674-2474-407b-acea-848b26542461
  8. Why this keeps turning off?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why this keeps turning off?: [ATTACH] Everytime I close "Mail and Calendar" it turns off the option "Fill entire window" in 'Personalization'. https://preview.redd.it/r14i4cvstxv51.png?width=478&format=png&auto=webp&s=c3201fed71f81f985f557446d4197bb8cf9b1ae2 submitted by /u/scafutto20 [link]...
  9. Why does the volume keep turning off?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does the volume keep turning off?: I use a Sony VAIO laptop. For some reason, the volume keeps muting when it is in sleep mode. How do I disable this feature? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-the-volume-keep-turning-off/4df52b74-0539-4140-bba4-1a80452016cd
  10. why does it keep turning my internet off?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why does it keep turning my internet off?: when I start my laptop after like 1hour it randomly turns off my internet and when I try to reconnect to it it doesn't let me so I have to restart my laptop every time. why does it do that?...