Windows 10: Why does my icon not display correctly when I search for it?

Discus and support Why does my icon not display correctly when I search for it? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I am having a problem where the icon looks like this: [ATTACH] Even though in Windows Explorer, it looks like this.[ATTACH] Why is this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by nickylego14, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Why does my icon not display correctly when I search for it?

Hello, I am having a problem where the icon looks like this:
    Why does my icon not display correctly when I search for it? 4803c233-b8b4-4652-9cdf-9a9ec6cc8564?upload=true.png
    Even though in Windows Explorer, it looks like this. Why does my icon not display correctly when I search for it? 460797ba-7379-4087-8086-d3131da86dd9?upload=true.png
    Why is this happening? I already deleted the thumbnails and rebuilt the icon cache. Can anyone figure out what is happening?

:)

nickylego14, Sep 15, 2020

2. Icons from apps aren´t displayed correctly

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query at Microsoft community.

Do the apps work fine apart form the icons not displaying correctly? If so I would suggest you to run an SFC scan and check if it helps. If the issue persists you may run DISM command and check.

Follow this steps:

• Press Windows+X.

• Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the command SFC /SCANNOW and
        DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and hit
        Enter.
    Hope the information provided was helpful and do let us know if you need any assistance in the future. We will be glad to help.

Rohit Chettri, Sep 15, 2020
  3. Search box not displayed correctly

Hi John,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to try updating the Display Adapter drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the Display driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its updated and verify.
    Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest display and chipset drivers for your computer and install the same.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Sep 15, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

Why does my icon not display correctly when I search for it?

Search Box Reduced to Magnifying Glass Icon

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the settings to show the search icon.

• Right click on the search bar

• Click on search

• Check show search icon
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.

Arul_D, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

Why does my icon not display correctly when I search for it?

1. Why does my icon not display correctly when I search for it? - Similar Threads - Why does icon

2. Application icons does not display correctly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Application icons does not display correctly: It looks like all of my applications .exe files use the default Windows icon instead of their regular icon. Unfortunately, I don't know what might be causing the problem. I've already contacted several computer services, but none of them were able to fix the issue. I tried...
  3. Application icons does not display correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application icons does not display correctly: It looks like all of my applications .exe files use the default Windows icon instead of their regular icon. Unfortunately, I don't know what might be causing the problem. I've already contacted several computer services, but none of them were able to fix the issue. I tried...
  4. Application icons does not display correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Icons Not Displaying Correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons Not Displaying Correctly: My desktop icons have suddenly become spaced very far apart. They've also developed a huge box around them when highlighted see screenshot & they can't be placed in the lower 1/3 of the desktop. I've tried changing the size, align to grid on & off, rebuilding the icon cache,...
  6. Icons Not Displaying Correctly

Icons Not Displaying Correctly: My desktop icons have suddenly become spaced very far apart. They've also developed a huge box around them when highlighted see screenshot & they can't be placed in the lower 1/3 of the desktop. I've tried changing the size, align to grid on & off, rebuilding the icon cache,...
  7. Icons Not Displaying Correctly

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. why are my icons turning to photo icons when i search in start

in Windows 10 Customization
    why are my icons turning to photo icons when i search in start: I don't know why this is hapenning. the apps seem to work fine though. does this mean anything? here's a screenshot for reference.i also noticed that this happens with Microsoft store and system apps. not with apps downloaded from the web....
  9. why are my icons turning to photo icons when i search in start

why are my icons turning to photo icons when i search in start: I don't know why this is hapenning. the apps seem to work fine though. does this mean anything? here's a screenshot for reference.i also noticed that this happens with Microsoft store and system apps. not with apps downloaded from the web....
  10. Why does windows hate to display icons correctly?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does windows hate to display icons correctly?: Warning, this issue is stupid, frustrating, and possibly without a fix. So rant ahead... Basically the icons you see in the start menu, taskbar, desktop, and windows explorer all just hate to look right. If you don't know, an icon file is a collection of images at different...