Windows 10: Why does my keyboard is dead?

Discus and support Why does my keyboard is dead? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The keys for S, I and the whole set of numbers won't work and the backspace just write ] and p write [ I don't even know what is going on anymore.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Corerim 595, Jun 2, 2023.

1. Why does my keyboard is dead?

The keys for S, I and the whole set of numbers won't work and the backspace just write ] and p write [ I don't even know what is going on anymore. Please help me. I am desperate.

:)

Corerim 595, Jun 2, 2023
  2. Andra Win User

In-build keyboard is dead until restart

See HP Notebook PCs - Keyboard Troubleshooting (Windows) in HP Customer Support - Knowledge Base.

The article provides step-by-step instructions on the topics:

• - Test the Keyboard

• - Pressing keys does nothing (keyboard is not working)

• - ...etc

Andra, Jun 2, 2023
  3. Keyboard problem in Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if the issue persists when you connect another keyboard to your system.

If the issue is with the keyboard, then suggest you to update the keyboard drivers by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.

• Expand ‘Keyboard’ from the list.

• Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’ and follow the prompts.

Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Jun 2, 2023
  4. Why does my keyboard is dead?

Experiences with a new keyboard

My first keyboard I ever got from them shipped with dead LEDs, wouldn't exactly say they ever stepped off with a good foot with their peripherals.

sneekypeet, Jun 2, 2023
Thema:

Why does my keyboard is dead?

1. Why does my keyboard is dead? - Similar Threads - Why does keyboard

2. Why does my keyboard keep freezing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my keyboard keep freezing?: Hi there, have been playing games on my new lenovo gaming latpop and every now and then the keyboard wont accept inputs and i'll be stuck unable to move in a game but i can still look around.The same keeps happening to my flightstick.I've tried uninstalling drivers but it...
  3. Why does my keyboard keep freezing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my keyboard keep freezing?: Hi there, have been playing games on my new lenovo gaming latpop and every now and then the keyboard wont accept inputs and i'll be stuck unable to move in a game but i can still look around.The same keeps happening to my flightstick.I've tried uninstalling drivers but it...
  4. Why does my keyboard is dead?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my keyboard is dead?: The keys for S, I and the whole set of numbers won't work and the backspace just write ] and p write [ I don't even know what is going on anymore. Please help me. I am desperate....
  5. Why does my keyboard is dead?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my keyboard is dead?: The keys for S, I and the whole set of numbers won't work and the backspace just write ] and p write [ I don't even know what is going on anymore. Please help me. I am desperate....
  6. Dead By Deadlight does not work on Keyboard, but it works on Controller

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dead By Deadlight does not work on Keyboard, but it works on Controller: I recently bought DBD from the microsoft store on my PC and I am trying to play it with my keyboard, but everytime i push a key it freezes. Any input from my keyboard causes the game to freeze. When i plug my controller into my PC the game works fine. Is there a way to fix...
  7. Why does my keyboard light not turn on?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does my keyboard light not turn on?: At night, my keyboard used to light up, but now it doesn't. I haven't done anything to the laptop wrong and that's why I'm confused. Is there a setting to fix this issue?...
  8. Dead keyboard and monitor on "awake"

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dead keyboard and monitor on "awake": I have installed Windows 10 on my desktop. I always try to restart after a "sleep" by pressing the mouse button. It usually starts ok, but sometimes the monitor and keyboard don't activate. I have to power off/power on to get them working again....
  9. why does my keyboard lag?

why does my keyboard lag?: keyboard occasionally lags especially in taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-keyboard-lag/a0f791ae-af1a-44e0-b284-d325e9aa373c
  10. Dead Keyboard

Dead Keyboard: I spilled water on my keyboard and of course it is now dead. Would attaching an external keyboard work in allowing me to access all my 'stuff' which I cant access. now. TUVM...