Windows 10: why does my keyboard lag?

Discus and support why does my keyboard lag? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; keyboard occasionally lags especially in taskbar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Terry Simmons, Apr 19, 2019.

1. why does my keyboard lag?

keyboard occasionally lags especially in taskbar

:)

Terry Simmons, Apr 19, 2019
  2. Jose Est Win User

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Apr 19, 2019
  3. borgus Win User
    BG processes cause keyboard shortcut lag

Update, as of 12/5/15

After considerable experimentation it appears that the lag will occur when a STORE or (system) SETTINGS app (Calculator, for example) or "store" itself is listed in Task Manager background processes. Kill the process, and the lag vanishes. When the app is actually running, it is listed under APPS, not background processes. Then at random times, often after a sleep cycle or at boot, it will spontaneously appear as a background process - Calculator, Store and possibly others.

Speculated causes of this annoyance are discussed in this article and its embedded links... https://superuser.com/questions/426947/slow-windows-desktop-keyboard-shortcuts/957210#957210 where "Helen" posted a workaround...

Disable SUPERFETCH. Click START, type "services", <enter>, double-click on SUPERFETCH. Stop it. Disable it.

No performance hit has been noted by doing so, and shortcuts launched via keyboard no longer lag. Fingers crossed.

borgus, Apr 19, 2019
  4. why does my keyboard lag?

Keyboard lag at random

Hello,

I request you to try uninstalling and reinstalling the Keyboard Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Keyboard Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    • Search for the Keyboard from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove
      the corrupted drivers from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    • After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Keyboard and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

If you still have the issue, install the drivers in compatibility mode.

Download the drivers from manufacture's website for Windows 10, if there no drivers available for Windows 10, download the latest driver from the manufacturer’s website and
    try installing it in compatibility mode.
    Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows.

Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on
      ‘properties’
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select the operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation.
    • Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

You may also refer: Make older programs compatible with
    this version of Windows
    (Steps applies to Windows 10)

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Apr 19, 2019
Thema:

why does my keyboard lag?

1. why does my keyboard lag? - Similar Threads - why does keyboard

2. Why does epic games lags my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does epic games lags my computer?: Why does epic games launcher lags my computer? When I download epic games, my pointer starts moving when I'm not touching it, and when I delete it, it doesn't move. When I download it, it for some reason does some weird stuff, such as turns off my computer in 2 minutes. Can...
  3. Why does epic games lags my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does epic games lags my computer?: Why does epic games launcher lags my computer? When I download epic games, my pointer starts moving when I'm not touching it, and when I delete it, it doesn't move. When I download it, it for some reason does some weird stuff, such as turns off my computer in 2 minutes. Can...
  4. Why does my laptop lag when not plugged in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my laptop lag when not plugged in?: I'm using Windows 10 ver on a Dell Latitude E7470 i7. Faced this issue recently and thought of replacing battery. Would that help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-laptop-lag-when-not-plugged-in/0090f33f-6d44-468a-ba46-53a39011632a
  5. Why does my laptop lag when not plugged in?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does my laptop lag when not plugged in?: I'm using Windows 10 ver on a Dell Latitude E7470 i7. Faced this issue recently and thought of replacing battery. Would that help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-laptop-lag-when-not-plugged-in/0090f33f-6d44-468a-ba46-53a39011632a
  6. Why does my keyboard is dead?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my keyboard is dead?: The keys for S, I and the whole set of numbers won't work and the backspace just write ] and p write [ I don't even know what is going on anymore. Please help me. I am desperate....
  7. Why does my keyboard is dead?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my keyboard is dead?: The keys for S, I and the whole set of numbers won't work and the backspace just write ] and p write [ I don't even know what is going on anymore. Please help me. I am desperate....
  8. Why does my keyboard is dead?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Why Does My Mouse Lag with Excel????

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Why Does My Mouse Lag with Excel????: I have mouse lagging with Excel. I dont have this issue with any other program but Excel. Btw, I got the Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse. It was recommended that I change the poll rate of the mouse. I was told this is done through 3rd party software. Is there a way to do this...
  10. Why Does My Mouse Lag with Excel????

in Windows 10 Support
    Why Does My Mouse Lag with Excel????: I have mouse lagging with Excel. I dont have this issue with any other program but Excel. Btw, I got the Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse. It was recommended that I change the poll rate of the mouse. I was told this is done through 3rd party software. Is there a way to do this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 keyboard lag