Windows 10: Why does my keyboard light not turn on?

Discus and support Why does my keyboard light not turn on? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; At night, my keyboard used to light up, but now it doesn't. I haven't done anything to the laptop wrong and that's why I'm confused. Is there a setting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Lexi Cook, Aug 15, 2020.

1. Lexi Cook Win User

Why does my keyboard light not turn on?

At night, my keyboard used to light up, but now it doesn't. I haven't done anything to the laptop wrong and that's why I'm confused. Is there a setting to fix this issue?

:)

Lexi Cook, Aug 15, 2020
  2. remolanot Win User

Keyboard lights

1. Did you mean the keyboard backlight or indicator lights (i.e. Num Lock)?
    2. If your problem is about indicator lights, are you using a external keyboard?

--KEYBOARD BACKLIGHT--

Consult your laptop's manual downloaded from the internet. You might want to install some drivers in order to use the backlight.

--INDICATOR LIGHT--

1. LAPTOP KEYBOARD
      • If indicator light, try pressing the Caps Lock key and see if the caps lock light turned on. Same process for Scroll and Num lock.
      • Some laptops may show the "Caps Lock ON" in your laptop screen.
    2. EXTERNAL KEYBOARD (EITHER USB OR BLUETOOTH)
      • When you use the external keyboard, locate the "Caps Lock" key indicator light. Try pressing the "Caps Lock" and make sure if it is turned on. Same process for Scroll and Num Lock.

If these are not working, try installing or updating the drivers. You'll need to restart after installing.

remolanot, Aug 15, 2020
  3. yahanna Win User
    yahanna, Aug 15, 2020
  4. Why does my keyboard light not turn on?

Back light for keyboard

I have had my asus laptop for a year now i don't know how to turn my keyboard back lights on. I tried fn + fn3 or fn4 but it only changes the light on the laptop screen. Is there any way you can help me to fix this problem? I have a VivoBook
    Max X541SA. i have windows 10 home

emmamurray1, Aug 15, 2020
Thema:

Why does my keyboard light not turn on?

1. Why does my keyboard light not turn on? - Similar Threads - Why does keyboard

2. Keyboard back-light not turning on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard back-light not turning on: Acer Aspire laptop keyboard back-light doesn't turn on when keyboard is touched. Any solution please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-back-light-not-turning-on/ccfb87a6-5c2b-4cce-b3db-1ebf3a2bd000
  3. Keyboard back-light not turning on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard back-light not turning on: Acer Aspire laptop keyboard back-light doesn't turn on when keyboard is touched. Any solution please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-back-light-not-turning-on/ccfb87a6-5c2b-4cce-b3db-1ebf3a2bd000
  4. Why does night light keep turning on?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does night light keep turning on?: I was experimenting with night light a week or so ago and now it automatically turns on even though "schedule night light" is turned off. I am able to turn it off using the "Turn off now" button and it will stay off until the next evening when it turns back on all by...
  5. Why does night light keep turning on?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does night light keep turning on?: I was experimenting with night light a week or so ago and now it automatically turns on even though "schedule night light" is turned off. I am able to turn it off using the "Turn off now" button and it will stay off until the next evening when it turns back on all by...
  6. Why does night light keep turning on?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Keyboard Light won't turn on it's not backlit keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Light won't turn on it's not backlit keyboard: I am using a laptop and normally when I mute my laptop a light would turn on and it won't, same happens when I plug in my laptop, the light that shows that it's plugged in also won't light up but it's actually charging.*** Moved from Spanish Forum ***...
  8. F8 key does not turn the keyboard light on anymore :

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    F8 key does not turn the keyboard light on anymore :: Hi! I've got an Acer Swift 5 and the F8 is meant to turn on/off the keyboard light. It used to work properly, but for some reason it doesn't work anymore. I also tried the Fn+F8 combination yes, the F8 key has the *A* symbol, the troubleshooting process from Windows didn't...
  9. turn on keyboard back light

turn on keyboard back light: I have a new HP Laptop. It says it has a backlight keyboard. Nothing they say to do is working to turn it on. ANY SUGGESTIONS. THANKS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-on-keyboard-back-light/edd36fcb-2c2c-4114-9b80-0a125a11aa5d
  10. keyboard light won't turn on

keyboard light won't turn on: keyboard light worked when i first took it out of the box, since then it hasn't. could an update affect that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-light-wont-turn-on/71ee5bfd-2f9c-4887-a4fc-4767feaebc3d