Windows 10: Why does my laptop ask for the WIFI security key after a reboot when the "Connect...

Discus and support Why does my laptop ask for the WIFI security key after a reboot when the "Connect... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a brand new Asus computer running Windows Home 11. Every time it reboots, I have to manually input the security key for the WIFI.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ed Miller1, Apr 18, 2024.

1. Why does my laptop ask for the WIFI security key after a reboot when the "Connect...

I have a brand new Asus computer running Windows Home 11. Every time it reboots, I have to manually input the security key for the WIFI.

:)

Ed Miller1, Apr 18, 2024

2. laptop can't find wifi but connects with ethernet cable

Please try these troubleshooting steps that may help.

1. Make sure the router SSID broadcast is on.
    2. Change the wifi channel to see if it resolves the problem.
    3. Enter the SSID and WPA2 password manually and see if the laptop connects.
    4. Temporarily turn off the encryption.
    5. We go into device manager & check updates for wifi drivers, we may need to simply update the driver.
    6. We go to Settings - Network & Internet - Status - Change Adapter Options, then right-clicked 'Ethernet' and disabled it. We do the same with wifi. Then we (with Ethernet still disabled) enabled wifi. It should re-connect to your wifi after a while.
    7. We have to disconnect our Ethernet cable from our laptop and follow the steps:
      Start>Control Panel>Network and Sharing Center>Manage Wireless Networks and remove all wireless connections by right click on it and select Remove network from the drop down menu. After doing this, close the windows and scan for the wifi networks.
      Click on the available network and select connect. After a while, we will be asked to give a password for our wifi connection. Type the password and click on connect button. And now will be connected to our wifi network via wireless.
    8. First is to disconnect the internet cable from the laptop then uninstall/reinstall the wifi adapter.
      Go to Device Manager and uninstall the wifi adapter.
      Once uninstalled, reboot the laptop and it should reinstall the driver automatically.
      After the reboot do try connecting to your wireless network again.
      If all these will not work, do also make sure that the wireless adapter is enabled. Depending the model of your laptop there should be key combinations on how to enable/disable it.

Daisy Zhou, Apr 18, 2024
  3. Bree Win User
    Connecting to house WiFi

There are two passwords on the bottom of a typical router, one will be the WiFi key, the other is the Admin password for logging into the router and configuring it. The 'network security' you are being asked for when trying to connect is the WiFi key.
    Why does my laptop ask for the WIFI security key after a reboot when the "Connect... 404755d1706875575t-connecting-house-wifi-image.png
    There may be another option if you can get access to the router. First, try to connect your PC. When asked for the key, press the WPS button on the router. The WPS Button on Your Virgin Media Hub: What Does It Do? - Practically Networked

4. wabbles Win User

Why does my laptop ask for the WIFI security key after a reboot when the "Connect...

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, Apr 18, 2024
Thema:

Why does my laptop ask for the WIFI security key after a reboot when the "Connect...

1. Why does my laptop ask for the WIFI security key after a reboot when the "Connect... - Similar Threads - Why does laptop

2. Why does my laptop ask for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my laptop ask for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect...: It appears I have fixed my own problem but all the prior threads on the subject were locked, so I made my own to help others with this issue.I am running windows 11, but this may be the same on other versions.The security key is not controlled in the "WLAN Autoconfig" service...
  3. Why does my laptop ask for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my laptop ask for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect...: It appears I have fixed my own problem but all the prior threads on the subject were locked, so I made my own to help others with this issue.I am running windows 11, but this may be the same on other versions.The security key is not controlled in the "WLAN Autoconfig" service...
  4. Why does my laptop ask for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my laptop ask for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect...: I have a brand new computer. Every time it reboots, I have to manually input the security key for the WIFI. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-laptop-ask-for-the-wi-fi-security-key/eedc086b-33f2-4cfa-b28d-1d5096401a4d
  5. Why does my laptop ask for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect...

Why does my laptop ask for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect...: I have a brand new computer. Every time it reboots, I have to manually input the security key for the WIFI. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-laptop-ask-for-the-wi-fi-security-key/eedc086b-33f2-4cfa-b28d-1d5096401a4d
  6. My laptop asks for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect Automatically"...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop asks for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect Automatically"...: I have a brand new Asus computer running Windows Home 11. Every time it reboots, I have to manually input the security key for the WIFI. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-asks-for-the-wi-fi-security-key-after-a/eedc086b-33f2-4cfa-b28d-1d5096401a4d
  7. My laptop asks for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect Automatically"...

My laptop asks for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect Automatically"...: I have a brand new Asus computer running Windows Home 11. Every time it reboots, I have to manually input the security key for the WIFI. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-asks-for-the-wi-fi-security-key-after-a/eedc086b-33f2-4cfa-b28d-1d5096401a4d
  8. Why does my laptop ask for the WIFI security key after a reboot when the "Connect...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my laptop ask for the WIFI security key after a reboot when the "Connect...: I have a brand new Asus computer running Windows Home 11. Every time it reboots, I have to manually input the security key for the WIFI. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-laptop-ask-for-the-wifi-security-key/eedc086b-33f2-4cfa-b28d-1d5096401a4d
  9. Why does a public network ask a security key?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does a public network ask a security key?: I want to use a public network Telenet Wi-Free and my new laptop requests a security key together with my username and password while my old laptop only asked my username and password. How am I suposed to know the security key of a public network? Or what settings do I...
  10. Why does it show my wifi is connected when it isn't

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does it show my wifi is connected when it isn't: Why does it show my wifi is connected when it is not connected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-it-show-my-wifi-is-connected-when-it-isnt/eae2545f-2cab-4210-94c2-26d4e027d192