Windows 10: Why does my laptop background become blurry/low-res after shutting it down and opening it...

Discus and support Why does my laptop background become blurry/low-res after shutting it down and opening it... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; It's high-res the day I set it as my background image, but the next day when I open my laptop it's blurry. This has been happening for the past 1/2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Austin Jovan, May 21, 2024.

1. Why does my laptop background become blurry/low-res after shutting it down and opening it...

It's high-res the day I set it as my background image, but the next day when I open my laptop it's blurry. This has been happening for the past 1/2 weeks now.

:)

Austin Jovan, May 21, 2024
  2. Ashton W Win User

background blurry help!!!!

No worries - thank you for clarifying this and letting me know!

I am wondering if the original image size is quite small, and this might be causing the blurriness - if the photo you are selecting is small and you are stretching it to the full size of the desktop on a high resolution display, it may appear as blurry.

If you right click on your desktop, then choose Personalize, then Desktop Background

When you set the desktop background image, at the bottom under "Choose a fit", I am guessing that it is set to Fill. Can you set this to Center, to see how large the image displays?

If it is indeed a small image, hopefully you might be able to find a larger resolution image that will make the background more clear.

If this is not the case, please do reply and we can look at offering some other suggestions to look at.

Thanks again!

-Ashton

Ashton W, May 21, 2024
  3. Blurry background pictures

After the recent update of Windows 10, my pictures when set as background are blurry and mis-sized.

When I use Picture Manager, the resizing deature doesn't work or produces a pictue which is not what I entered. When I try to return to the original setting, it won't change the background at all. Pictures that used to fit my background now are blurry and
    mis-sized

I have turned on the fix blurry apps feature and restarted - no better

HaigDonabedian, May 21, 2024
  4. Why does my laptop background become blurry/low-res after shutting it down and opening it...

Laptop shutting down without warning for low battery

I am having an issue with my laptop since it shuts down when battery is low but there is no low battery popup to indicate.

Moreover if i change the power plan setting and set the laptop to sleep when battery is below 15% it still don't work and laptop just shuts down. I am just very annoyed as it shuts down without low battery warning and i have to open all apps again for work

Amol_Joshi, May 21, 2024
Thema:

Why does my laptop background become blurry/low-res after shutting it down and opening it...

1. Why does my laptop background become blurry/low-res after shutting it down and opening it... - Similar Threads - Why does laptop

2. Why does my laptop background become blurry/low-res after shutting it down and opening it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my laptop background become blurry/low-res after shutting it down and opening it...: It's high-res the day I set it as my background image, but the next day when I open my laptop it's blurry. This has been happening for the past 1/2 weeks now....
  3. Laptop does not shut down.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop does not shut down.: After pressing the shut down button, it says shutting down on the screen and it turns off, but the laptop remains on, the fans still spinning and keyboard backlight still going, none of the buttons work, and the only thing I am able to do at that point is holding the power...
  4. my logos and background are super low res

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my logos and background are super low res: I have no idea why this happens any advice? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-logos-and-background-are-super-low-res/f9150b86-8934-452e-96f7-fafadc730e5a
  5. my logos and background are super low res

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my logos and background are super low res: I have no idea why this happens any advice? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-logos-and-background-are-super-low-res/f9150b86-8934-452e-96f7-fafadc730e5a
  6. Why does my audio become low quality?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my audio become low quality?: When performing tasks such as launching new programs there is a small chance that my audio will just randomly become extremely low quality, sounding like someone is using a children's toy in an echoey room. Has anyone else encountered this issue and were you able to fix it?...
  7. Why does my audio become low quality?

Why does my audio become low quality?: When performing tasks such as launching new programs there is a small chance that my audio will just randomly become extremely low quality, sounding like someone is using a children's toy in an echoey room. Has anyone else encountered this issue and were you able to fix it?...
  8. Why does my audio become low quality?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Why does my laptop shut itself down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my laptop shut itself down: This started a while ago, and it bothers me more and more as it happens. So, when I don't use my laptop for a few hours 6+ maybe? it shuts itself down. Let's say I close my laptop at night and go to bed. The next morning when I open my laptop, it's powered off. So of course,...
  10. Why does my laptop shut itself down

Why does my laptop shut itself down: This started a while ago, and it bothers me more and more as it happens. So, when I don't use my laptop for a few hours 6+ maybe? it shuts itself down. Let's say I close my laptop at night and go to bed. The next morning when I open my laptop, it's powered off. So of course,...