Windows 10: Why does my laptop crash when it's on wi-fi?

Discus and support Why does my laptop crash when it's on wi-fi? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,At my work, a laptop breaks down, the blue screen appears with the message "Watchdog violation" but only when it is connected to wi-fi. Repair does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by jDEEV, Aug 7, 2023.

1. jDEEV Win User

Why does my laptop crash when it's on wi-fi?

Hi,At my work, a laptop breaks down, the blue screen appears with the message "Watchdog violation" but only when it is connected to wi-fi. Repair does not work.When it is connected by cable, it passes the screen with Recover/Repair and it works.The laptop was taken to a service guy, but it worked both on cable and wi-fi and he didn't know how to give us an answer.I mention that it is up to date with updates.Suggestions? Opinions?

:)

jDEEV, Aug 7, 2023

2. Wi-Fi errors (Windows 10)

I'm currently troubleshooting a HP laptop (HP G62-a10SQ to be more specific). The problem is that it doesn't want to connect to any Wi-Fi network. It leaves me with the generic error "Can't connect to this network." I've tried these steps so far

• Restarting the computer
    • Flushing DNS
    • Releasing and renewing the ipconfig
    • Uninstalling the driver
    • Reinstalling the driver
    • Reseating the Wi-FI module
    • Checking Windows Update for any drivers
    • Updating the driver in Device Manager
    • Temporarily removing my Wi-Fi encryption
    • Trying to connect to a different Wi-Fi network outside of my network
    • Probably more troubleshooting steps I can't remember atm (I will edit the post if I remember anything)

DoNotSpamPls, Aug 7, 2023
  3. Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Aug 7, 2023
  4. Mohan B P Win User

Windows 10 laptop is connected to the Wi-Fi, but don't give me the opportunity to enter a password.

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the below steps to delete the connected Wi-Fi device and try adding it again.

• Type View Network Connections in the search bar and click on the same.

• If your Wi-Fi device is listed, right-click on the device and click on
      Delete.

• Now, try connecting to the Wi-Fi and check if it prompts for the password.

Hope this helps. Keep us updated with the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Aug 7, 2023
Thema:

1. Why does my laptop crash when it's on wi-fi? - Similar Threads - Why does laptop

2. My laptop's wi-fi does not work properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop's wi-fi does not work properly: If start my laptop it does not show wi-fi option anywhere it only shows ether net option everywhere and if I start my computer again after 14 to 15 hours later it shows wi-fi...
  3. Why does Phone Link work without WI-FI but not when WI-FI is turned on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Phone Link work without WI-FI but not when WI-FI is turned on: My ISP just provided me with a new cable modem. Now Phone link connects to my Samsung S8 only when I have WI-FI turned off and data is on. If I have both on, or if only WI-FI is on, the status says "Offline". I leave data on and turn off WI-FI and the status says...
  4. Why does Phone Link work without WI-FI but not when WI-FI is turned on

Why does Phone Link work without WI-FI but not when WI-FI is turned on: My ISP just provided me with a new cable modem. Now Phone link connects to my Samsung S8 only when I have WI-FI turned off and data is on. If I have both on, or if only WI-FI is on, the status says "Offline". I leave data on and turn off WI-FI and the status says...
  5. Why does my laptop crash when it's on wi-fi?

Why does my laptop crash when it's on wi-fi?: Hi,At my work, a laptop breaks down, the blue screen appears with the message "Watchdog violation" but only when it is connected to wi-fi. Repair does not work.When it is connected by cable, it passes the screen with Recover/Repair and it works.The laptop was taken to a...
  6. Why does my laptop crash when it's on wi-fi?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does my laptop crash when it's on wi-fi?: Hi,At my work, a laptop breaks down, the blue screen appears with the message "Watchdog violation" but only when it is connected to wi-fi. Repair does not work.When it is connected by cable, it passes the screen with Recover/Repair and it works.The laptop was taken to a...
  7. my laptop does not show Wi-Fi connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my laptop does not show Wi-Fi connection: I've lost Wi-Fi connectivity on my HP Laptop. How can I get that option back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-does-not-show-wi-fi-connection/a5687e37-10ad-4e95-b786-aeaae3cdc9ce
  8. my laptop does not show Wi-Fi connection

my laptop does not show Wi-Fi connection: I've lost Wi-Fi connectivity on my HP Laptop. How can I get that option back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-does-not-show-wi-fi-connection/a5687e37-10ad-4e95-b786-aeaae3cdc9ce
  9. Laptop does not recognize home wi-fi, but does recognize neighbor's wi-fi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop does not recognize home wi-fi, but does recognize neighbor's wi-fi: Hi, I am running Windows 10 Pro N, Version 2004, OS build 19041.746. My Dell Inspiron laptop is not able to recognize my home wi-fi network, however my laptop does recognize a number of wi-fi networks coming from my neighbors. i.e. my home wi-fi does not show up as an...
  10. Why does my laptop disconnect from wi-fi frequently?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does my laptop disconnect from wi-fi frequently?: Only my laptop is disconnecting..My ipod and iphone are both connected in same wifi, they are working fine. When I troubleshoot the problem it says this[ATTACH]i have already tried many things, like installed the network card drive and tried netsh ip reset in command prompt,...