Windows 10: Why does my laptop forget about a permanently inserted USB stick after waking up from sleep...

Discus and support Why does my laptop forget about a permanently inserted USB stick after waking up from sleep... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a USB stick permanently connected to my laptop. When the laptop goes into sleep mode the device is no longer visible in Windows explorer after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by wsausw, Feb 15, 2019.

1. wsausw Win User

Why does my laptop forget about a permanently inserted USB stick after waking up from sleep...

I have a USB stick permanently connected to my laptop.

When the laptop goes into sleep mode the device is no longer visible in Windows explorer after the system wakes up again.

The system:

HP Elitebook x360 1030 G2

Windows 10 Pro

Toshiba TransMemory 64 GB USB stick

:)

wsausw, Feb 15, 2019

2. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 15, 2019
  3. Using laptop as desktop - can't wake it from sleep with wireless mouse or keyboard.

• 4. Test waking from Sleep with the monitor connected to the laptop.
    • 5. Disconnect the monitor from the laptop, reboot, then test waking from Sleep without an external monitor.

No luck with monitor connected. Disconnected the monitor, rebooted, then tested wake-from-sleep with no external monitor - no luck.

eljaycanuck, Feb 15, 2019
  4. RejZoR Win User

Why does my laptop forget about a permanently inserted USB stick after waking up from sleep...

Unable to wake from sleep from time to time

This is so stupid. Laptop for 250€ sleeps and wakes up perfectly. My former 6 years old rig was sleeping/waking up fine. My current system for what, 1200€ with brand new components, everything made for power efficiency. And it can't even freaking wake up from a god damn sleep. So I have it disabled which means it'll run for days if I forget to turn it off. Idiotic.

RejZoR, Feb 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Why does my laptop forget about a permanently inserted USB stick after waking up from sleep... - Similar Threads - Why does laptop

2. Why does my PC refuse to wake from sleep?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my PC refuse to wake from sleep?: I've been having the issue with my PC where it won't wake from sleep. I press a key on the keyboard or wiggle the mouse and it seems to wake up since the light on my external hard drive comes on apart from the display is black. The only way to get it to properly wake up is a...
  3. Why does my usb stick not show?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my usb stick not show?: This morning I plugged in my usb stuck in, but it does not show up on this pc. The usb icon shows up with open devices and printers yet under that it just shows 3 dots is thier a way to fix this?...
  4. Why does my usb stick not show?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my usb stick not show?: This morning I plugged in my usb stuck in, but it does not show up on this pc. The usb icon shows up with open devices and printers yet under that it just shows 3 dots is thier a way to fix this?...
  5. My laptop refuses to wake up from sleep?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop refuses to wake up from sleep?: I am currently using a razer blade 15 advanced edition laptop which I purchased in november 2020. The machine is running windows 10 home edition. Around a week or so ago, I started having problems with the device not turning on after it went into sleep mode. I would try to...
  6. Why does my laptop wake from sleep randomly?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does my laptop wake from sleep randomly?: Preface: My n key is double-typing for some reason. I'm doing my best to correct it, but if you see any words with extra ns please disregard them. #System Info I have a Dell G5 SE running Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041. Logitech G910 Orion Spark Keyboard...
  7. After waking up from sleep

After waking up from sleep: After waking up from sleep, how do I require a password sign-in. I don't want anyone to wake up my computer and see my desktop. Want to require my password to be entered to get access....
  8. Laptop waking up from sleep

Laptop waking up from sleep: I'm using windows 10 pro on a gigabyte aero-15-x9. I checked whether there are any active wake timers in cmd using powercfg -waketimers and it says there are no active wake timers, and I also disabled wake timers in the power config. However, my laptop still turns on while...
  9. Inserting USB Device After Sleep Mode Wake Up Not Recognized.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Inserting USB Device After Sleep Mode Wake Up Not Recognized.: I believe this happened after a windows update, not sure. After waking from sleep mode when I plug in a USB device its not recognized. If I unplug my mouse while running and re-insert its not recognized as well. Anything USB. Going to device manager and scanning for new...
  10. Laptop keyboard does not work after waking from sleep

Laptop keyboard does not work after waking from sleep: I have a HP Pavilion laptop, and in the last week, the keyboard has stopped working when I wake the computer from sleep. I am still able to log on using the on-screen touch keyboard. After about 30 seconds after I have logged in, the physical keyboard starts working again....