Windows 10: Why does my laptop go black randomly?

Discus and support Why does my laptop go black randomly? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Why does my laptop go black randomly??? I have a HP Omen 15. It really does happened randomly, when I'm done gaming for the day it goes black in a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by IJSR, Apr 18, 2020.

1. IJSR Win User

Why does my laptop go black randomly?

Why does my laptop go black randomly???

I have a HP Omen 15.

It really does happened randomly, when I'm done gaming for the day it goes black in a game. And my game ends up crashing. And sometimes it says windows graphic driver needs to update. I'm not sure what that means.

:)

2. my hp laptop screen goes black randomly

my hp laptop screen goes black randomly when using it

KwameNyarko, Apr 18, 2020
  3. Roohi_Taj Win User
    My hp laptop screen goes black randomly

Hi afrozahmed1,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below information:

1. What is the model of HP laptop you are using?
    2. Does the black screen occur while using the PC or while restarting the machine?
    3. Are you aware of any changes happened on the computer prior to the issue?
    4. Which version of Windows you are using? (To check, type:winver in start menu and hit enter.)

I appreciate the time you have taken to resolve this issue. There can be many reasons for booting to a black screen.
    These screens may appear with or without the mouse pointer.
    The main causes are Problems with the driver for your display adapter or incompatible application.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the article on
    Troubleshoot black screen or blank
    screen errors
    refer the section
    I see a black or blank screen after signing in to Windows 10.

If that doesn’t help, I would also suggest you to go through the article provided by HP on
    Troubleshooting Screen Issues (Windows 10, 8, 7),
    refer the section No image on the screen, or the screen is blank.

Disclaimer: The article include the step of updating BIOS. Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems
    that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Apr 18, 2020
  4. Why does my laptop go black randomly?

Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

Why does my laptop go black randomly?

1. Why does my laptop go black randomly? - Similar Threads - Why does laptop

2. Why does my screens go black?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my screens go black?: From time to time usually one or more times every day my screens go black randomly. After a few seconds i get the "no signal" message on both screens. This started happening a few weeks ago. There is no error message of any kind. Audio keeps going so if i was watching a vido...
  3. Why does my screens go black?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does my screens go black?: From time to time usually one or more times every day my screens go black randomly. After a few seconds i get the "no signal" message on both screens. This started happening a few weeks ago. There is no error message of any kind. Audio keeps going so if i was watching a vido...
  4. Why does my screens go black?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why does my screen go black frequently?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my screen go black frequently?: Every now and then, whenever I'm on my computer, my screen will go black. The computer will still run, but the screen is just completely black.So far I've been restarting my computer and such, to little to no effect. The computer I use is the Alienware M15 Ryzen Ed. R5, in...
  6. Why does my screen go black frequently?

Why does my screen go black frequently?: Every now and then, whenever I'm on my computer, my screen will go black. The computer will still run, but the screen is just completely black.So far I've been restarting my computer and such, to little to no effect. The computer I use is the Alienware M15 Ryzen Ed. R5, in...
  7. Why does my laptop go black after connecting to external monitor?

Why does my laptop go black after connecting to external monitor?: Everytime i connect my external monitor to my laptop by usb my laptop screen goes black and my external monitor freezes. When I disconnect it and reconnect it my laptop stays on a black screen and my external screen too.To fix it ive been shutting down my computer and...
  8. Why does my laptop go black after connecting to external monitor?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why does my laptop go black after connecting to external monitor?: Everytime i connect my external monitor to my laptop by usb my laptop screen goes black and my external monitor freezes. When I disconnect it and reconnect it my laptop stays on a black screen and my external screen too.To fix it ive been shutting down my computer and...
  9. Laptop screen going black randomly.

Laptop screen going black randomly.: My laptop screen is going black randomly but it stays on and the only way I can fix that is by a hard reset. I've noticed that when my pc is very loaded for example a heavy game like Fortnite/GTAV no problem happens, but when I do a simple task like browsing the web it...
  10. Laptop screen randomly going black.

Laptop screen randomly going black.: My laptop screen sometimes goes black while doing normal tasks - browsing the internet, etc. When it goes black, the laptop is still turned on, but the system is unresponsive. Win + ctrl + shift + b doesn't work....