Windows 10: Why does my laptop have so high RAM usage but very low CPU usage?

Discus and support Why does my laptop have so high RAM usage but very low CPU usage? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Processor 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz 1.38 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB 7.73 GB usable My laptop is a DELL inspiron 5502 with a 512 SSD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Shanel Marasinghe, May 7, 2023.

1. Why does my laptop have so high RAM usage but very low CPU usage?

Processor 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz 1.38 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB 7.73 GB usable My laptop is a DELL inspiron 5502 with a 512 SSD running on Windows 11.Why does my laptop have a high usage of almost 90% but a CPU usage of around 20% when nothing is running?Could someone please explain why? and any methods to fix such an issue would be great. Thanks in advance.

:)

Shanel Marasinghe, May 7, 2023

2. RAM leaks and high CPU usage

Sorry to seem so negative, folks, but am I the only one who thinks it's disgraceful that the onus seems continually to be on users to fix the ridiculous RAM leaks and high CPU usage problems that were caused by the Fall 2017 Creators Update?

I received the Creators Update for Windows 10 Pro near the end of the year -- not surprisingly, since I'm currently living in eastern Europe. Installation went smoothly, but from the outset, I began experiencing significantly higher RAM and CPU usage. These
    were issues that I'd not experienced before. I did a bit of research, and discovered that the errors don't really seem to depend on system hardware or idiosyncratic configurations. Instead, the problems appear to lie clearly with the update itself.

I'm lucky enough to have a very robust system: i7 Haswell-E 5820, factory overclocked and liquid-cooled; 32 GB of RAM; GTX-980; fast SSD as my program drive, etc. I also have a Rainmeter skin that shows me RAM and CPU usage in real time. On boot, I used
    to see only about 2.25 GB of RAM being used; CPU would settle to 1-2%. Since the Creators Update, RAM usage on boot is routinely from a low of about 4.25 GB to as much as 7.5 GB, and CPU usage regularly shows prolonged inexplicable intervals of 20 - 35% usage,
    and occasionally even more.

I've tried the various suggested measures to alleviate the problems, with minimal (and only temporary) success at best. I've had no success at all in trying to get information directly from Microsoft through Support. It's worth noting that all the various
    suggestions to deal with these problems involving taking steps to cripple Windows functionality in order to reduce system overheads, thereby depriving users of some of the very benefits the OS is supposed to provide. Microsoft doesn't seem to be bothered by
    that; in fact, it seem quite content to allow users to flounder around in the mess created by the update.

Does anyone have a definitive solution for the RAM leakage and CPU usage problems (short of turning to an alternative OS)? Is there any word as to whether Microsoft will address these problems soon?

Moved from: [Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings]

FlatPicker, May 7, 2023
  3. High Ram Usage

Hi there,

So this is the problem, From the time I bought this brand new IdeaPad Flex 5 (itlo5) 14" laptop, there has always been high ram usage when I look in task manager. The ram usage has always been around 80%. I have tried to clean install windows (which removes all bloatware from the manufacturer) but there is still high ram usage. My old HP laptop had the same amount of ram as this laptop (4GB) but the speed of the ram was slower. And the ram usage had been lower than this laptop!

Thanks

Eknoor Singh1, May 7, 2023
  4. Why does my laptop have so high RAM usage but very low CPU usage?

My cpu and ram usage is very high!

Sometimes my cpu and ram usage goes very high.

System(ntoskml.exe) and svhost(netvcs) use high ram.Once it reach 950 mb of my total 2gb ram.It has become difficult to use my pc (it is already old).Please Help me to prevent this high usage

Windows10xl, May 7, 2023
Thema:

Why does my laptop have so high RAM usage but very low CPU usage?

1. Why does my laptop have so high RAM usage but very low CPU usage? - Similar Threads - Why does laptop

2. High cpu and ram usage low gpu usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High cpu and ram usage low gpu usage: Hello, I have got my girlfriend a rx 580 8gb with her i3 10100f, which is pretty good. However, games are performing worse than when she had a gt 710. Even Mimecraft goes on low fps. Besides that, she got only 1x8 of ram, which pc only uses 6gb as max dk why, When I open any...
  3. High cpu and ram usage low gpu usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High cpu and ram usage low gpu usage: Hello, I have got my girlfriend a rx 580 8gb with her i3 10100f, which is pretty good. However, games are performing worse than when she had a gt 710. Even Mimecraft goes on low fps. Besides that, she got only 1x8 of ram, which pc only uses 6gb as max dk why, When I open any...
  4. High cpu and ram usage low gpu usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Why is my RAM Usage so high?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my RAM Usage so high?: For some reason my ram usage has become very high for the past few days, to the point where I can't open more than 5 Chrome tabs. I have 8GB of RAM. But whenever I try to run 6 or 7 Chrome tabs my laptop blacks out for a few moments, or the Chrome tab reloads and shows an...
  6. Why is my RAM Usage so high?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my RAM Usage so high?: For some reason my ram usage has become very high for the past few days, to the point where I can't open more than 5 Chrome tabs. I have 8GB of RAM. But whenever I try to run 6 or 7 Chrome tabs my laptop blacks out for a few moments, or the Chrome tab reloads and shows an...
  7. Why is my RAM Usage so high?

8. Why does my laptop have so high RAM usage but very low CPU usage?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my laptop have so high RAM usage but very low CPU usage?: Processor 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz 1.38 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB 7.73 GB usable My laptop is a DELL inspiron 5502 with a 512 SSD running on Windows 11.Why does my laptop have a high usage of almost 90% but a CPU usage of around 20% when nothing is...
  9. Ram and CPU usage is very high

Ram and CPU usage is very high: Task Manager shows that My account is using 2GB while in Performance Tab Its telling me I'm Using 9GB of 12GB Please help. I tried restarting but it never works. While the CPU usage is DOUBLED, I use 20% it tells me im using 40% im using 50% it tells me 100% and crashes all...
  10. My ram and cpu usage is very high

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My ram and cpu usage is very high: Hey guys my cpu and ram usage is pretty high when im not even doing anything. Screenshot its on swedish but next to CPU is Memory. i found something called poolmon in windows kits where i could see if there was a driver that was using all the cpu and ram but i cant...