Windows 10: Why does my laptop just randomly shut down and/or restart when I leave it on Sleep/Lock...

Discus and support Why does my laptop just randomly shut down and/or restart when I leave it on Sleep/Lock... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My laptop is Acer Helios Predator 300 Whenever I put my laptop on Sleep mode or when I do Windows Key + L to put it on lock screen to go somewhere for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/JimmyCG, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Why does my laptop just randomly shut down and/or restart when I leave it on Sleep/Lock...

My laptop is Acer Helios Predator 300

Whenever I put my laptop on Sleep mode or when I do Windows Key + L to put it on lock screen to go somewhere for 10 minutes or longer, sometimes (like 30% chance) I will come back to the fans still running but the screen is completely black as if the laptop has shut down. Then I just press random keys on my keyboard and the laptop auto restarts (I can tell because the keys on my laptop glow red, which happens when I shut down the laptop and reboot it), but with every tab and every application closed, as if I had restarted/shut down my laptop even though I hadn't.

My only thesis is Windows automatic updates that force update and force restart my laptop, but it happens way more often than there are windows updates so its something else I think.

submitted by /u/JimmyCG
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/JimmyCG, Feb 20, 2021

2. Laptop Randomly Shuts Down

My laptop randomly says locking and shuts down. My display and sleep settings are set to never but it still occurs. What to do?

AashrithDalavai, Feb 20, 2021
  3. ilgoldman Win User
    Random shut down and restart??

Computer: Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual cpu
    E220@2.406hz
    2.42 GHZ, 2.00 GB of RAM
    Windows xp

Ever since I replaced the fan (with heat sink) the computer has randomly shut down and then restarted, at first during streaming, and now, will shut down and restart anytime. I tried to replace the graphics card to no avail. *Confused Why does my laptop just randomly shut down and/or restart when I leave it on Sleep/Lock... :confused:*Mad Why does my laptop just randomly shut down and/or restart when I leave it on Sleep/Lock... :mad:

One suggestion was to replace the RAM.

Any suggestions on how to repair my computer?

ilgoldman, Feb 20, 2021
  4. Why does my laptop just randomly shut down and/or restart when I leave it on Sleep/Lock...

Laptop shutting down randomly

For the past month or so, my laptop seems to randomly lock itself and shut down when it's unplugged, even though it might be fully charged when it does it. From experience, it tends to do so when I am playing something audio or video related. No issues
    occur when the laptop is plugged in.

I asked one of the Microsoft advisors for help. They suggested uninstalling the battery drivers and restarting the laptop. This has had no effect on the problem at hand.

Any assistance would be deeply appreciated.

MarqueeMoon67, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

Why does my laptop just randomly shut down and/or restart when I leave it on Sleep/Lock...

1. Why does my laptop just randomly shut down and/or restart when I leave it on Sleep/Lock... - Similar Threads - Why does laptop

2. Why does my computer shut down when I put it to sleep?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why does my computer shut down when I put it to sleep?: It wasn't like that, until my mouse and keyboard just suddenly stopped working. I had to manually hold the power button to forcefully shut it down, but after that, no matter what I do to put it to sleep as I always do closing the lid, putting it to sleep through the power...
  3. Why does my computer shut down when I put it to sleep?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my computer shut down when I put it to sleep?: It wasn't like that, until my mouse and keyboard just suddenly stopped working. I had to manually hold the power button to forcefully shut it down, but after that, no matter what I do to put it to sleep as I always do closing the lid, putting it to sleep through the power...
  4. Why does my computer shut down when I put it to sleep?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why does my laptop shut itself down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my laptop shut itself down: This started a while ago, and it bothers me more and more as it happens. So, when I don't use my laptop for a few hours 6+ maybe? it shuts itself down. Let's say I close my laptop at night and go to bed. The next morning when I open my laptop, it's powered off. So of course,...
  6. Why does my laptop shut itself down

Why does my laptop shut itself down: This started a while ago, and it bothers me more and more as it happens. So, when I don't use my laptop for a few hours 6+ maybe? it shuts itself down. Let's say I close my laptop at night and go to bed. The next morning when I open my laptop, it's powered off. So of course,...
  7. Why is my computer shutting down when I put it to just "sleep"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my computer shutting down when I put it to just "sleep"?: Why is my computer shutting down when I put it to just "sleep"? In window 10, it never happen to me. Any advice? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-computer-shutting-down-when-i-put-it-to/7c3f1f50-8265-48ff-a600-b3a2092302e8
  8. Why is my computer shutting down when I put it to just "sleep"?

Why is my computer shutting down when I put it to just "sleep"?: Why is my computer shutting down when I put it to just "sleep"? In window 10, it never happen to me. Any advice? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-computer-shutting-down-when-i-put-it-to/7c3f1f50-8265-48ff-a600-b3a2092302e8
  9. Why does my computer shut down randomly?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does my computer shut down randomly?: Hiya, my pc has been shutting down randomly since 2017, when I got the pc. I've been trying to fix it for about a year, and nothing has worked. I've done all the major things such as: Change services changed PSU changed power options Changed and re-downloaded drivers...
  10. My laptop shuts down when i click on restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    My laptop shuts down when i click on restart: I am using lenovo laptop with Windows 10. Whenever I click on restart it shuts down the laptop. I have to press Power on button in order to start it.. How do i fix it?...