Windows 10: Why does my laptop keep unlocking my mouse from the screen to "run something in the background"

Discus and support Why does my laptop keep unlocking my mouse from the screen to "run something in the background" in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have an Alienware 17 laptop, just got during cyber monday and at random times ill be playing a game and the mouse will unlock for a few seconds, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SilentKillerTJS, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Why does my laptop keep unlocking my mouse from the screen to "run something in the background"

I have an Alienware 17 laptop, just got during cyber monday and at random times ill be playing a game and the mouse will unlock for a few seconds, and then it will keep doing every like 10 seconds

:)

SilentKillerTJS, Feb 7, 2019

2. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Feb 7, 2019
  3. Background applications

Hi Robert,

We understand that you don't want some apps to run on the background of your computer. What we suggest is to
    control which apps are allowed to run in the background. To see which apps have permission, just follow the below steps:

• Open the Start menu or Start screen and select “Settings.”
    • Click or tap the “Privacy” icon in the Settings.
    • Scroll down to the bottom of the list and select “Background apps.”
    • You’ll see a list of apps that have permission to run in the background with an “On/Off” toggle.
    Just bear in mind that, apps normally run in the background to update their live tiles, download new data, and receive notifications. If you want an app to continue performing these functions, you should allow it to continue running in
    the background.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Feb 7, 2019
  4. Why does my laptop keep unlocking my mouse from the screen to "run something in the background"

Black Lock screen BACKGROUND

Hi Bill,

Let us know the make and model of your computer.

Let us try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to set the lock screen background to picture and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Step 3: Update the Display Adapter drivers.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update Driver Software
    • Restart the computer.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the lock screen background for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 7, 2019
Thema:

Why does my laptop keep unlocking my mouse from the screen to "run something in the background"

1. Why does my laptop keep unlocking my mouse from the screen to "run something in the background" - Similar Threads - Why does laptop

2. Why does my mouse keep disconnecting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my mouse keep disconnecting?: My tecknet bluetooth mouse refuses to connect for longer than one minute. I can successfully connect it w/bluetooth, however seconds later, the device will disconnect, and then attempt to re-connect as a new device, resulting in multiple listings of the same mouse in my...
  3. Why does my mouse keep disconnecting?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my mouse keep disconnecting?: My tecknet bluetooth mouse refuses to connect for longer than one minute. I can successfully connect it w/bluetooth, however seconds later, the device will disconnect, and then attempt to re-connect as a new device, resulting in multiple listings of the same mouse in my...
  4. Why does my mouse keep disconnecting?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Why does my laptop keep freezing?

Why does my laptop keep freezing?: Recently, my laptop has been freezing intermittently without warning or any error message. It happens every couple of days and rebooting resolves the issue until it happens again. Here is a shot of my sysinfo:I realize this isn't much to go on, but I don't know enough about...
  6. Why does my laptop keep restarting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my laptop keep restarting?: What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-laptop-keep-restarting/821a4db4-c432-41b0-9e97-ed1bd6fbb8d9
  7. Why does my laptop keep restarting?

Why does my laptop keep restarting?: What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-laptop-keep-restarting/821a4db4-c432-41b0-9e97-ed1bd6fbb8d9
  8. why does my laptop keep restarting with a green screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does my laptop keep restarting with a green screen: green screen with the words 'your windows insider build into a problem and needs to restart'. and the stop code is unmountable_boot_volume https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-laptop-keep-restarting-with-a-green/fcbcb0f1-8276-4e8d-9570-18b012a67a80
  9. why does my laptop keep restarting with a green screen

why does my laptop keep restarting with a green screen: green screen with the words 'your windows insider build into a problem and needs to restart'. and the stop code is unmountable_boot_volume https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-laptop-keep-restarting-with-a-green/fcbcb0f1-8276-4e8d-9570-18b012a67a80
  10. Why does my laptop keep doing this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does my laptop keep doing this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/anonymous_lurker19 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m0md4u/why_does_my_laptop_keep_doing_this/