Windows 10: Why does my Laptop not have Bluetooth all of a sudden?

Discus and support Why does my Laptop not have Bluetooth all of a sudden? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Just last week I was using my Bluetooth Xbox One controller just fine on my Windows 10 laptop, and today I wanted to play a game using the controller... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LIGHTWINGS17, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Why does my Laptop not have Bluetooth all of a sudden?

Just last week I was using my Bluetooth Xbox One controller just fine on my Windows 10 laptop, and today I wanted to play a game using the controller again, so I went into the settings to turn it on and for whatever reason i don't have a Bluetooth switch anymore! I ran the troubleshooter and it said that my laptop doesn't have Bluetooth. Any help? thanks!

submitted by /u/LIGHTWINGS17
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/LIGHTWINGS17, Jul 27, 2020
  2. Joe Men Win User

My Bose bluetooth will not connect. My computer says device does not have bluetooth.

Hello
    RMCME

Depending on the laptop computer that you are using, it is possible that your device may not have the appropriate Bluetooth driver installed which is why it produces the
    Device does not have Bluetooth error message. It is also possible that the Bluetooth is not enabled on your computer and the wireless speaker is not in pairing mode.

Please make sure that the appropriate Bluetooth driver is installed in your computer, the Bluetooth is enable and the wireless speaker that you are using is set up in pairing mode before attempting to pair them. Please refer to your device manual for the
    steps on how you can set up your speaker.

As for the information on how you can enabled the Bluetooth on your computer, please go to
    this link for the steps. Toggling the Bluetooth
    off and on may also help.

If the issue persists after making sure that the devices failed to pair, please provide the following:

• What is the make and model of the laptop computer that you are using?
    • Which Windows operating system is the laptop computer running on?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Feel free to reply back if you have further questions.

Joe Men, Jul 27, 2020
  3. HojabrA Win User
    I don't have any bluetooth devices but windows turned it on!!

1. I have no bluetooth devices in devices manager.
    2,3,4. they all turned off before.

reboot or shutdown doesn't solved it.
    i have USB wireless Mouse/Keyborad. i plug it out and use PS/2 but nothing.
    i used DISM to repair image.

i tried everything but its not make any changes and windows still showing Bluetooth turned on.
    a few days ago it was not even showing Bluetooth in Action Center but i don't understand what happened, no devices added or changed in my PC, no software Installed or Uninstalled, not a single Settings Changed in Windows or BIOS!!!

HojabrA, Jul 27, 2020
  4. OldMike65 Win User

Why does my Laptop not have Bluetooth all of a sudden?

I don't have any bluetooth devices but windows turned it on!!

Then if they are still on, try some of these steps listed below, Not all of these steps may not apply, but, step #2 and #4 should help. I have all 4 steps on myself.

1 Go to Device manager and DISABLE Bluetooth, Do Not remove!
    2 Turn USB suspend off
    3 Set Hard Drive or SSD to Never
    4 Turn Link State Power Management off
    Settings 2 thur 4 can be found in your Power Management Settings.
    Then click on "Change settings that are currently unavailable"
    Then Reboot your Computer. This does work, may come back if you shut OFF your computer,then turn it back on, if it does, just a reboot will turn it off again.

OldMike65, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

Why does my Laptop not have Bluetooth all of a sudden?

1. Why does my Laptop not have Bluetooth all of a sudden? - Similar Threads - Why does Laptop

2. Why does my PC and laptop have no bluetooth?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my PC and laptop have no bluetooth?: How do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-pc-and-laptop-have-no-bluetooth/7863e047-40be-4ef5-a1ef-390ac79fa7b3
  3. Why does my PC and laptop have no bluetooth?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my PC and laptop have no bluetooth?: How do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-pc-and-laptop-have-no-bluetooth/7863e047-40be-4ef5-a1ef-390ac79fa7b3
  4. Why does my computer become delayed all of a sudden?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my computer become delayed all of a sudden?: This started about a week ago, I'll be playing a game or something and all of a sudden everything will become delayed by about a second and my mouse will almost freeze completely. It happens every once in a while but last for about 3 to 5 seconds and really gets in the way...
  5. Why does my computer become delayed all of a sudden?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my computer become delayed all of a sudden?: This started about a week ago, I'll be playing a game or something and all of a sudden everything will become delayed by about a second and my mouse will almost freeze completely. It happens every once in a while but last for about 3 to 5 seconds and really gets in the way...
  6. Windows 10- My device does not have Bluetooth capabilities all of a sudden. What happened?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10- My device does not have Bluetooth capabilities all of a sudden. What happened?: Half an hour ago, I was playing a game using my wireless Xbox controller when suddenly everything disconnected. After troubleshooting, it said that my device does not have Bluetooth capabilities. I just want to know what happened?...
  7. My laptop suddenly does not have Bluetooth capabilities, when it did before.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop suddenly does not have Bluetooth capabilities, when it did before.: I was on my laptop, and I noticed that Bluetooth disconnected, so I went to settings to try to re enable it. But all the devices just said, "Bluetooth is turned off". So I looked up how to turn it back on, and it was recommended that I run the troubleshooter. When I did, it...
  8. My laptop does not have a bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My laptop does not have a bluetooth: I am using a lenovo thinkpad, processor is core i7vpro and it does not have a bluetooth icon even when I search for it in device manager it does not appear , anyone please help what should I do?...
  9. WHY did my laptop suddenly forget it has bluetooth!!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WHY did my laptop suddenly forget it has bluetooth!!!: So I paired my galaxy earbuds to my laptop as usual and in the MIDDLE of my using the thing and it working fine. Suddenly the sound stops. I look and see they are not paired anymore. No problem, I'll just re connect them. Except I can't. Because according to Windows 10 my...
  10. "Device does not have bluetooth" – my laptop does have bluetooth, and it stopped working...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Device does not have bluetooth" – my laptop does have bluetooth, and it stopped working...: I was using the laptop today with a bluetooth mouse and at a random moment it just lost connection. I tried first changing batteries in it – did not pick back up. Then I saw that I couldn't turn bluetooth on/off, because the control center button became glitchy and stays...