Windows 10: Why does my Laptop say "Cleaning up" after an update?

Discus and support Why does my Laptop say "Cleaning up" after an update? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So, recently my laptop froze. I turned it off and then turned it back on. When it was back on, it started doing an update. Right after it was finished,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheGreenFax, Feb 14, 2020 at 4:57 PM.

1. Why does my Laptop say "Cleaning up" after an update?

So, recently my laptop froze. I turned it off and then turned it back on. When it was back on, it started doing an update. Right after it was finished, it said: "Cleaning up, do not turn off your computer."

What does this mean and how do I avoid getting the files I want to keep deleted?

submitted by /u/TheGreenFax
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheGreenFax, Feb 14, 2020 at 4:57 PM
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Cleaning off a Mac Laptop

cleaning it?

Step 1: buy about a half gallon of gasoline.

Step 2: douse laptop in gasoline.

Step 3: toss a burning match onto laptop.

Step 4: watch the fire clense your laptop.

3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Feb 14, 2020 at 5:01 PM
  4. n-ster Win User

Why does my Laptop say "Cleaning up" after an update?

Thema:

Why does my Laptop say "Cleaning up" after an update?

1. Why does my Laptop say "Cleaning up" after an update? - Similar Threads - Why does Laptop

2. Why does my laptop wifi keep saying "no internet, secured" even connected to a working...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does my laptop wifi keep saying "no internet, secured" even connected to a working...: And then I have to disconnect and connect again. Is this a normal thing/feature? How do I disable this auto-disconnection? submitted by /u/Wow_Space [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e86a2h/why_does_my_laptop_wifi_keep_saying_no_internet/
  3. Why does "Windows 10 License will expire soon" pop up on my laptop?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why does "Windows 10 License will expire soon" pop up on my laptop?: After 1 year of purchase i am facing this problem which was never seen before https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-windows-10-license-will-expire-soon-pop/0cb0d931-3d90-4490-9f1d-ea3846363143"
  4. It says Minecraft Windows 10 is no longer available. Why does it say that?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    It says Minecraft Windows 10 is no longer available. Why does it say that?: Hello, I’m trying to install Minecraft Windows 10 but it says it is no longer available, does anyone know why this is happening? Please tell me if you know anything. Thank you....
  5. Why does my PC lag after I update windows?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does my PC lag after I update windows?: Hello, First of all, let me list my PC specs so you guys know what my PC can and cannot do: MSI B150 PCMATE motherboard, 16GB DDR4 ram, MSI RX480 8GB, 600W EVGA PSU, Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler, i5-6500 cpu My problem has been happening for the past 2 years and I have yet...
  6. Why does my machine say "not responding"?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does my machine say "not responding"?: When I'm on google browser, and I am looking at something, often times my laptop says "not responding" and it just stops working. Also I have seen "preparing security issues". Seems like am awful lot of updates. Either way it is annoying....
  7. why does my laptop only charge up to 80% and not 100%?

in Windows 10 Customization
    why does my laptop only charge up to 80% and not 100%?: my laptop is asus x507u about 15 days I was working with my laptop Ireceive a massage that its better to set your battery power on not charging more than 80%.I accept that but now I want to charge it fully(100%) thanks...
  8. Why does my laptop camera not work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my laptop camera not work.: For some strange reason my laptop camera is not working it just shows a grey page with a black camera on it with a line going through it any help please?...
  9. Why does Win 10 say update failed but then say system is up-to-date

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why does Win 10 say update failed but then say system is up-to-date: Various computers (Win 10 Home and Pro, all 64 bit) have had updates that failed but then the system claims the system is up-to-date. Sometimes in days, sometimes in weeks, the system finally agrees with itself and performs the update. I have never been able to force them...
  10. Why does Disk Clean-up take forever?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why does Disk Clean-up take forever?: Windows 10.10240 on a 40 GB HDD partition - required to make another 7 GB for upgrade to 10.10586. Deleted a few GB of ISO downloads and then ran Disk Clean-up for about 400MB. So far it has taken about twice as long to do the clean up as it will to complete the upgrade,...